What is up with all the TOP BOXES?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by DAKEZ, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Added the Happy Trail box.

[​IMG]
    Hvymax likes this.
  2. Hvymax

Hvymax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's freaking awesome!!!
    Rollin' likes this.
  3. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl:lol3:photog:jack
  4. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Single wheel trailer :deal

This is a pic from the first test trip last year. I haven't taken photos of the completed rig yet.
    [​IMG]
    turbodieseli4i6 likes this.
  5. ChrisFZ1

ChrisFZ1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Topbox.jpg

No noticeable handling difference, at least according to the butt dyno. The convenience of having one just out weighs everything else.
  6. kneeslider

kneeslider Insufficient privileges!

Oddometer:
    to keep your 12 pak
  7. insomnia

insomnia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    on my varadero 1000 the large Honda line top case causes a weave at speed its that big so I use the side panniers instead they cause no issues and look better but its nice to have all 3 and I would also love a baglux tank harness and tank bag . on my transalp I leave my topcase attached most all the time and bring my sport kit bag into the house . some times for a change I put on the panniers and leave off the top case just for a change I think it looks cooler but you cant ride around like a dopey bollocks with side cases anyone see the French moto journalist hit the bollard with the pannier and get sent over the edge of a pier I might have got drowned he defenetly fuckede up the bike and might have sunk some poor bastards boat . a top case adds no width so in practical terms they are superior for filtering and all that . I am sure there is plenty of cyclists with the touratec logo printed on their thigh for all time . imagine the police report . there I was riding along when Ewan Mc gregor or it might have been Charlie Boarman came bombing along on his Hanomag (german tractor ) with 2 huge alloy crates on the sides and drove me head over fuck into a lamp post my leg id fucking killing me . if I catch him I will stick my bicycle pump up the the bastard's hole .
  8. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Planning a week currently.

20170423_005144.jpg

That is a three man tent and air mattress in a 48L top box with room to spare.

I have since acquired the smaller covers for the Multi, getting the width inside the bars may facilitate a good deal more use.

Exactly my issue with the extended case covers, yeah they are 73L between the two of them, but they are 2" per side wider than the bars. No bueno, they only go on if I absolutely must.

Lanes in Japan are rarely 12' wide, traffic is very slow, and just as tight, I would have to ride like a car.