What is your 15 minutes of Fame?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Rick G, May 14, 2018.

1. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades...

Oddometer:
    My 15 minutes is kinda different. I have stickers made for the cam chain tensioners I sell. I get the biggest kick out of the possibility that my sticker/name is on a motorcycle in all U.S. states, all Canadian provinces, and all of the roughly 50 countries where I've sold them. That is fun!
    phreakingeek and Undocumented like this.
  2. baka1969

baka1969 Veteran Bubblehead

Oddometer:
    Having the opposing party outnumbering me by 8-1 would have made it difficult to get elected. Particularly when they had 10x the funding.

That said, I had a lot of fun and hopefully made a difference.

Resized_20161106_150727.jpeg

If you're interested you can Google what happened (I got a lot of press). Since this isn't a political forum. What isn't really mentioned in the press was the fact that I campaigned on my motorcycle. Although I think there are a few pictures floating around somewhere.
    WindBlast and Rick G like this.
  3. RRF

RRF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was on the home page for Rt. 66 Raceway but lost the pic when my computer took a crap. Made the news riding in the Toys for Tots Parade in Chicago last year.
    Undocumented and Rick G like this.
  4. Signal 13

Signal 13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been in a few magazines and news articles, as well as on the news...nothing huge. The best one was probably BPM magazine (deejay mag). They ran a deejay competition many years ago...back in like 1998, I think. Anyhow, I entered it and placed 13th out of thousands. Was living in Europe at the time and was the only one outside of the U.S. to place in the top 20. Someone I knew in the States saw it and mail me a copy of that edition...still have it in a box somewhere.
    Rick G likes this.
  5. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a little air time riding an HP2 for a cable TV show. Also on a TT DVD and in an LA Times article years ago.

Most recently was every time we stopped for gas or a snack riding through Kazakhstan and Mongolia. Those stops always seemed to take time with local people wanting to ask about the trip and take pictures.
    Rick G likes this.
  6. blue72beetle

blue72beetle Look at my Wee

Oddometer:
    I was on Google Maps street view during my trip across the country, lol.

[​IMG]
  7. Signal 13

Signal 13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHA...that's awesome! I've done the same thing but in Thailand while I was riding a Honda PCX...need to find that picture.
  8. John Q. Torque

John Q. Torque n00b

Oddometer:
    I won my class at a National Enduro back in '81, on a then - new Honda XR 250, first year for the Pro - Link. Honda had a program at the time where if you won something on an XR, you went to your dealer, showed the results sheet with your win, and Honda would award you $100 worth of parts, gear or whatever. They took your PHONE NUMBER , too. The next month I won a second place in another Enduro, had my name in Cycle News and everything both times, and I expected Honda to call me any minute and offer me a spot on the Six Days team. Never happened. Pfffft.
    Rick G likes this.
  9. outlaws justice

outlaws justice On the Fringe

Oddometer:
    Just finished my first book. "The ART of effective motorsports Coaching" all edited and ready to publish!
  10. 4bikes

4bikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. outlaws justice

outlaws justice On the Fringe

Oddometer:
  13. Rollin'

Rollin' does it come in black? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was part of a Victory ad campaign after completing 4 Iron Butt rides in a week. The rides included the top of Mount Evans to Badwater, Death Valley and then Badwater, Death Valley to Pikes Peak. Fun rides! It was posted on their website and a mass email.

[​IMG]
    Jetpilot5 and Rick G like this.
  14. canoeguy

canoeguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    4bikes likes this.
  15. 4bikes

4bikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The facts where put together by a Group of People, witch included me. The writing was done by two people, and I was not one of them. The grafics and layout where done by a friend of mine.
    There are a number of short films too. But no English subtitles yet, Sorry for that:
    The Whole prosject got us the FIM Safty Award 2017. http://fim-awards.com/news-awards/2017/11/6/2017-fim-road-safety-award
    outlaws justice and Rick G like this.
  16. 4bikes

4bikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just click the link.
  17. IronButt70

IronButt70 You don't have to be crazy to do this but it helps

Oddometer:
    Have had 15 minutes of fame a couple of times but they weren’t MC related. :hide
  18. baldman1

baldman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was on the team of U.S. Navy divers who salvaged the space shuttle Challenger in 1986. Wow I'm getting old.
    phillyrube, TheBritAbroad and Rick G like this.
  19. TheOtherBart

TheOtherBart Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since I'm sure you've all been wondering whatever happened to the 0-65cc District 14 dirt track champion from 1982, and the District 15 Junior Mini class champion from 1983 and 1985, I'm happy to say I'm doing just fine.

20180910_142106.jpg
  20. dogon2whls

dogon2whls Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no moto related but still worth 15 minutes

https://superpowerdogs.com

set for release in March 2019.

mine is the guy with the rexspecs on, that's me hanging under the heli . . .
    Rick G and Undocumented like this.