What phone mount is 24/7 weather safe?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by morfic, Aug 20, 2019.

1. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Ram X-Grip (on tough claw) broke off when I tried to mount the phone to hold it while logging with the GS911.

Only thing I can figure is it doesn't sustain being on the bike 24/7, so I wonder which don't mind staying on the bike in hot states with lots of UV and also 32F winters.

IMG_1602.JPG

Only good thing is the tether would have probably saved the phone from just flying off if this didn't come apart in my hands.
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Dorito, morfic and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  3. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Slipgrip makes very good mounts. I've used them many years.
  4. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    Mob armor mount. I don't trust the spring ones
  5. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    OP, this ^ is the definitive answer.

They're CNC'd aircraft aluminum billet so no worries about sunlight embrittlement and .....
    morfic likes this.
  6. morfic

morfic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, great suggestions that I never noticed before, the Hondo ones look especially interesting. Nice that you can add the juicer later.
  7. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    I have the Hondo and like it.
    I bought the buzz-kill later when it was introduced to go with it....
    https://shop-hondogarage.com/collec...orcycle/products/buzz-kill-vibration-isolator

because I'm a belt-and-suspenders guy I also have a "safety teather" installed as well:
    https://gearkeeper.com/accessories/adhesive-pad-eye-kit/

While my phone was secure in the holder it was getting exposed to vibration that I just didn't think it would hold up to over the longer term.
    The buzz-kill does isolate most of the vibrations, but on the initial design the wires would sometimes pop out of the bracket causing me to stress....

I called Hondo about it yesterday and they said they had come out with a new design because a few folks
    (likely all fools like me spending their days jumping speed-bumps in Central America) had had some issues.
    They are sending me the re-designed version at no charge... so I can't beat that....
    Good folks - good products. It's a small company - if you call you will probably talk to either Wiley or Adrienne
    morfic likes this.
  8. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have Hondo Garage on 3 bikes now. One w/ a wireless charger I made, my dirt bike has their mount w/ wireless charging baked in on top of their buzz-kill which keeps my bike's single cylinder from destroying my camera and another with just their standard mount w/ no mods or charging built in. All 3 work great and the phone simply will not move.
    JRWooden and morfic like this.