What the Frig do I do now

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by MGV8, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Ivan Rider

Ivan Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea I've got 2 of those Big Ruckus's. One with a sidecar and one without. The sidecar one is my Wife's. Becky's first Ride on Ruckus.jpg Lucy's first ride on Ruckus.jpg
  2. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Time I update this a tad. I love this little car attached to the Ruckus. No I'm not going there for the big GSA. Still working on ideas for that one. But we still have that old CX. What to do with it.
    Car pictures 004.jpg

I love these But do I have the patience and the skill-- probably not
    d85e48e7510a3a1045e8ce4ba837f704.jpg

Then while at the Sidecar Rally in Coeur d'Alene I saw this. While We all had some beers together my attention kept getting drawn to it. :freaky
    Ideas exploded while riding home:becca

20190726_143816.jpg

So we start another chapter for the old CX while we wait for progress on the Big GSA. And if nothing else it should keep me busy when Mrs. MG doesn't have me doing her Honey Doo List:lol3
    02FDUXy1RpqsEDkKvGsR3A.jpg
  3. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the build. I like your work/lift bike bench.
    GotDammitDave, CCjon and MGV8 like this.
  4. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Separated at birth

Oddometer:
    I’ve got the subframe and mounts I took off of al GL650 last summer. Should bolt up easily to your 650. Yours for postage if you want it.

Sadly, the engine on mine grenaded itself shortly after purchase of the rig. Now I’m working on putting the car onto my 1150 Gs.
  5. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Thank you, I'll take you up on that offer. I'll send a PM to set up the details. Sorry for your loss by the way.
  6. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Hi, Been a while. This one is going to take a while, I am still formulating a plan of action. Plus I keep getting sidetracked reading all the chatter on ADV riders :lol3
  7. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Sure has been a long time. But I think of you each time I look at my ST wheels.
    I sort of (but not really) regret the day I found this site. Funny enough I found it from a link that Don had posted on the STriders site about a sidecar build :lol3 many years ago.
    rg sw wa. likes this.
  8. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Glad you're enjoying the wheels, I was going to use them until fate intervened. I'm a dumbass and I miss that ST1100. I don't post much on STriders but I keep in touch with Don and the gang on Facebook-- Real tempted to go to the 25th WeSTOC in New Mexico. We'll have to see how the summer goes but timing is better for me to go the MOA rally in Montana. Not sure that my sweetie will let me have two big rides in one summer, plus the trip we are planning together. "Some one has to work" She says :D
  9. Nevada

Nevada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Utah Valley, Utah, USA - unless out riding.
    Hey Brian,

We'd love to have you come to WeSTOC XXV, i.e WeSTOC 25, in Park City, UT, AUG 24 – AUG 27 2020.
  10. MGV8

Oddometer:
    I would love to as well but I think this year, trips like that are off the table. Got plans to hunker down and just explore some areas more local. Next year
  11. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Thought I would share some of the excitement and resurrect my journey into Sidecars. A couple of wheels showed up at LBS-USA for the new project. Plans have been made and decisions are behind us, the first bits are in place. Now there is more waiting. More to come before we do the big reveal.
    image001.jpg
  12. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Seeing as plans were all dashed this year, trips became more local in nature. The GS/Ural rig just seems to soak up all the abuse I can throw at it. Planning a few mods this winter and a real clean up. The Ural tub has some dents and scrapes that need attention and the whole frame has been sand blasted and is lacking any paint. Plus we are going see if we can fix up the front end so it doesn't beat up on me so much. More on that later as well. So as our season come to a close, some pictures of this years travels.
    4eF%IsLcQq6r8of5rcrdmw.jpg
    AICgGk1qTGefllZUVPaPYg.jpg
    g3FoAB5NShWQ7x+UhAYVYg.jpg
    IgxZRjTzQ9OfqOrz5TOCag.jpg
    AVG0mCbTRCeqZ5NEvLxLYA.jpg
    Zwl2eRdGTzeugaPqhNpRfw.jpg
  14. MGV8

Oddometer:
  15. MGV8

Oddometer:
    rg sw wa., CCjon, manx16 and 4 others like this.
  16. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Look what just arrived. Just in time for the winter season. Of course it proved to be more $ than I originally budgeted for but C'est-la-Vie, it's only money. Thanks for the guidance from Mike@ LBS-USA and Ad Donkers. I am excited about getting started on a mini restoration of the GS/Ural. But I have un-finished house projects to get done and at sometime will have to clean up the work shop to make some room :lol3
    E5J5lSpPQTKwMw7REpEoRA.jpg
    Ad had things wrapped up nicely
    gFJ9AWchRNqJBPSgQhzVNw.jpg
    sGI8fkoFSIKcx3C0j+Dkow.jpg
    There's room here somewhere, ha!
    a%uXnj6LRea5WzlqduA%yg.jpg
    More to come
    Nudie, manx16, rg sw wa. and 14 others like this.
  17. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    Ooooh! Going upscale on us now are you? Next thing you know you'll be using some fancy font for your forum posts. And asking the mods to change your user name to MGV8 the Magnificent! :lol3
    BJMoose, rg sw wa., MGV8 and 3 others like this.
  18. MGV8

Oddometer:
    It will be more like MGV8 the DISORGANIZED :rofl
  19. MGV8

Oddometer:
    As I sat Beer in hand looking at the disaster of my shop I got busy today and finished the "Honey Do List" , is it ever done :-) ? I then proceeded to make room and tidied things up a tad.
    ThwT%RtlS9u1nnx11oQ6KA.jpg
    I moved the CX project back as it is on permanent hold and then moved the Side car under my Chain hoist so I had the ability to lift things.
    vN5QiZtMQqW1sA1d5qYbFg.jpg
    Moved the big bike up front so when we are ready and if the border opens, I can haul it down to Mike at LBS. Then I cleaned up the work bench. I haven't seen that all summer.
    7t7KdJreTqWqGCsQNLPs4A.jpg
    Of

course I found more work when I notice an oil drip under the GS. Guess I have been harder on the shocks than I thought!!!
    NIBsubteTKuubsqtet3x8A.jpg
    It will get sent off to Ted this winter for a rebuild.
    More to come
  20. LBS-USA

LBS-USA Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Disorganized > Organized > Disorganized, repeat as required! Looks like you really need to work off your Honey-Do list, as you have some three-wheeled work ahead of you! Have fun with it, thanks for your past and future orders! They come with lifetime HelpDesk support (mine or the business's, whichever ends first!).

Keep those (re)build posts and ride reports coming, I love that stuff!