What the hell? or 70+mph bike vs Barbed Wire Fence (updated with bike pics)

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by trc.rhubarb, Nov 22, 2016.

1. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Thumpers or Oldskool I'd imagine.

Post a link when you do. I'd love to see it.
    vwnate1 likes this.
  2. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Not yet. I had an appointment to see the Endo but all was halted due to C19.
    It was rescheduled for this week but again cancelled.
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Old Idiot who still rides

Oddometer:
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  4. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    @trc.rhubarb , to the ''how ya doing? '' phone. Hope your doing well man, see you around the basement.
  5. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-8-3_12-6-46.png

Ahh, the basement. Where I can still hang here even if I don't ride :lol3

Working on adjusting to the new life, learning to cope with the new me and accept that I can't do all that I could before.
    I carried the DRZ around in the back of my van for the entire first half of this year, hoping to go for a ride and it came out 2x.
    Once for riding, I think mentioned above, in SoCal and once to go into the garage a few weeks ago.

No chance for mental care/cognitive rehabilitation as planned until C19 issues calm down. The "good" doctors said they anticipate a 5 year window for correction to take place and we're coming up quickly on 4 years. 4 years!!!! Everything changed on that day.

There is that new concussion thread started in inmates and I'm trying to leave it alone. They always get emotional and take a toll on my wellbeing... but it reminds me over and over how i have changed.

I was asked at work, just this morning, how i can remain so "zen" and calm about things when it's all going to hell and people are panicking around me. I used to be very "type A" and had a need to be in control of everything. Now, que sera, sera. "is anyone going to die or be hurt? are we going out of business?" no? Just some money lost? Can we control it? no? Then what do we get riled up for?

I like that part of the new me. I like the emotional part and the connection it allows me to have with my own child and friends.

My inability to focus kills me though... I've got the attention span of a gnat... it makes some tasks terribly difficult... like looking at the graphs in the retirement thread. :confused

Memory is another tough one... It's claimed/diagnosed that there is nothing physiologically broken in my brain, but I can't seem to remember squat still. If i didn't write it down or take a picture, it didn't happen.

Lastly, and this one is a killer... i make a lot of poor decisions. Sometimes i feel like a 2 year old with "why did you do that?" "I don't know..."

Anyhow, all the above is so others reading won't feel alone if they have similar issues.

Life is good. Job is good even if i feel like I'm faking my way through it often.
    If all goes well, my divorce will remain amicable and finished by the end of the year.
    Daughter is happy and there is little drama in my life now.

It's not where I imagined being at this stage in my life, professionally, financially or relationship-wise, but all is good. Life threw me many curves and it's funny because what I shouldn't have survived, seemed easy to overcome and what should have been easy, I honestly felt there was no way I could get through it. But here I am, firmly on the other side of it all... very scathed and changed by the experience but still thriving.

And it's true, chicks do dig scars! Although not so much emotional ones, so we'll stick to the barbed wire ones :thumb

Oya, in another experiment of sorts, I've not had a drink since February after learning a friend of mine entered AA. I've been to some meetings with her and truly, no pun intended, they are sobering. I find it interesting how i can control some things so easily while other things are so challenging.

Stay safe everyone!
  6. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great post @trc.rhubarb. Through my own experiences, as an outsider but through being a part of a BI support system, I can relate, nearly 100%. What you’re struggling with is common.. you’re not alone. And you’re right, life is alright!
    Wierdrider and trc.rhubarb like this.
  7. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it, and strangely, it comes through in your writing now. Glad things are moving along.
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  8. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:

glad to hear you are still well, all things considered! the focus, memory, and bad decisions thing, some of us are like that even without injury...LOL i just had my wife txt me a grocery list that we talked about this morning because all i could remember off the 8 item list was dog food...:rofl i am sure i have made some sort of bad decisions that will make me wonder why i did what i did by the end of the day....LOL

as a side note on the AA thing... twelve step programs can be serious life changers..... i attend a Christ centered one called Celebrate Recovery for multiple things i struggle with, sexual addiction, depression, codependency, food addiction, anger issues, etc.... just the last 7 months that i have gone has changed me drastically, i haven't even really gotten into the full step study yet, that starts next month... but people have noticed a big difference in my day to day attitude already... i agree on how some things are easy to control, some of my friends cant even look at a beer without wanting to drink a 30 rack of it. i can have one, and go weeks, months etc without NEEDING one.... but put a box of oreos in front of me, its a different story....LOL i can, and have sat down to eat 2 oreos and before i know it, the whole family sized pack is completely gone... :baldy
  9. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nobody's life is without struggle. Some just acknowledge said struggles..
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  10. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Now I want a box of oreos. :dukegirl
  11. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    and ice cream, and a coke, and a box of Hot Tamales. 'cause sugar dammit!
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  12. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    That's all great news, hope things keep on rolling along positively :clap
    Wierdrider and trc.rhubarb like this.
  13. OBIWAN

OBIWAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a very late response but a Roadcrafter suit has a comfort factor of 1. If you go 1 mph for every degree of Fahrenheit the suit will be comfortable.