1. eNewsletter Sign Up

What town to change tires

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by bigphish, Feb 17, 2012.

1. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    And here I thought you dumb asses were all messed up about finding stupid tires and overcoming your anal issues with not having a dealer in every god damn town and you talk about good looking women, okay, I am out, I ain't running no whore house and ain't going to be helpin out all you whore sniffin lower 48 trash!
  2. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did I say that I was a god ferin man!
  3. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3 ya and married
  4. mikerd400

mikerd400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I did my trip in 2010, I had Friar Mike, in Wasilla, put on my TKCs. Real good guy and a place to sleep for the night.

After running around the state and coming back from Dead Horse and Manley Hot Springs, I had Adventure Cycle Works put on a new rear TKC for my trip up the Dempster. They were also great.

I highly recommend both Friar Mike and Adv Cycle Works.
  5. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I only got 5k out of K-60s. Put them on in Fairbanks, then did the dirt roads before heading south. Made it to Missoula, MT. Did not feel comfortable putting another 2700 miles on them for getting back to south FLA.
  6. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    for my trip last year I left Homestead, FL with new Tourances. I went up the Cassiar, so got into some construction/ucky roads, the Tourances were great!! Switched to Heidenau K-60s in Fairbanks at Adventure Cycleworks. I put 5000 miles on them before making Missoula, MT. I road out to Circle, up to Prudhoe, looped the backside of the Alaska Range on the Denali, the Top of the World Highway and the Campbell. When I got to Missoula I was not comfortable with the amount of tread left on the tires. I still had 2700 miles to get home, loaded bike, 80mph highway speeds and a heat wave in front of me........So I put on new Tourances in Missoula.
  7. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl