What Works, What doesn't?

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by pilot, Jul 12, 2015.

1. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're the one that told me to piss off last time I reported this issue.

Except the explanation given wasn't accurate.

That's the last thing you said to me about it.

I have already deleted the comment from earlier because I see it's pointless to report these issues and express my frustrations with it. You are offering to help now, but offered no help before.

It doesn't matter if you close my report or not, because nothing will be done to fix the problem, so I apologize for lashing out on here. I will keep quiet and keep pictures to myself.
  2. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    You're right. But you're a tapatalk user and you have refused to accept anything we've told you. Instead, telling me I need to do more or call you to discuss? That's not how it works. If I or others are not able to duplicate your issue, there's nothing to fix because there isn't anything to look at.
    Mikemm and MrKiwi like this.
  3. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ban. It was not very helpful to not be able to read your reply here and get absolutely no recourse. My previous comment didn't warrant a ban.

I never asked you to call me to discuss? What do you mean? I provided proof of myself and others with the same problem. I'm not alone in this. I didn't tell you you needed to do more, I provided you with links to other posts where the same exact thing happened. I'm sorry that you don't understand my frustrations.

If you aren't going to support Tapatalk, then get rid of it.
  4. HardWorkingDog

HardWorkingDog Super Ordinary

Oddometer:
    You've got this backwards. YOU'RE the one that needs to get rid of Tapatalk.

It's a bit like blaming the sun for the stupidity of daylight savings time...
    Mikemm and MrKiwi like this.
  5. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    Uh. You obviously don't know how Tapatalk works. It requires a plugin on the site in order to be used. AdvRider installed that plugin. Tapatalk now talks directly to the forums. If they don't want to support Tapatalk, uninstall the plugin. Then Tapatalk is unusable for the forums and they can't push blame off on that tool.

The mobile version of these forums is horrid.
  6. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Increasingly Grumpy Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :fpalm.

I use advrider almost exclusively on my cell phone. It is excellent.

Tapatalk on the other hand!
    Mikemm, joefromsf and Sunday Rider like this.
  7. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    I find the mobile version repulsive. But seriously, if they don't want Tapatalk users, get rid of Tapatalk on the forums. It's frustrating that Tapatalk has worked with all the other forums I have been using for the last 10+ years, but it doesn't work right here, and when you point out something that doesn't work (that does work on other forums), you're just told that it's a Tapatalk issue, and Tapatalk says it's a forum issue. Real fun!

EDIT: By the way, the attachment issue happens whether I am using Chrome on Mobile, Tapatalk, Chrome on desktop, or Firefox on desktop.
  8. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:
    Which operating system/browser do you use?
    flamingm0e likes this.
  9. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    I use Samsung Internet, Google based Android
  10. ozmoses

Oddometer:
    I've only ever used iOs and Safari or Firefox; seems like the Android experience is quite different .

Out of curiosity, what is Samsung internet ? Fiber??
  11. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    No, it is the phone ap I use to connect with the internet
  12. ozmoses

Oddometer:
    I did some googling- essentially you are using the Chromium browser in a proprietary format.

This stuff makes my head spin.
    MrKiwi likes this.
  13. HardWorkingDog

Oddometer:
    You might want to try the DuckDuckGo browser on iOS. Works well for me, although most of the time I'm using advrider on non-mobile browsers.
  14. ozmoses

Oddometer:
    With a recent iOS update,Apple touted the ability to change/choose one's default browser.
    For me,that is Firefox.

The reality is that,at least in my experience, apps continue to open only in Safari.

I'm not sure if DDG would be any different ??
  15. ian408

Oddometer:
    You're welcome and thank you for sharing your opinion. But I explained what would happen and you ignored it.

Look, three times you've complained about this. Three times, you were told what to do. Three times, you have refused to accept what you're being told. You have complained that you don't have someone to call. You have complained because I won't jump on the phone with TapaTalk and debug your problem and so on.

I will reiterate. If you continue with the attitude, you will be banned again.
    Mikemm likes this.
  16. HardWorkingDog

Oddometer:
    Well, it IS different than other browsers, and I can't say for sure whether you can set up a preference for DDG to be the default browser--I think you can, but that's not something I want to do. For most of my iOS web browsing, Safari on iOS is great. I use DDG pretty much only for advrider when I'm mobile and it gives me a much purer experience.
  17. flamingm0e

Oddometer:
    I'm not trying to get banned here. I am trying to have a discussion. I have literally never asked you to jump on the phone with me. I have literally never complained because I didn't have someone to call. I am not sure where you get that idea. I just wanted someone to take my issue seriously, because I have found others with the same problem, but you have insisted that I am the only one with the problem and that it's never been reported before.

I don't have any kind of attitude right now. I am using this thread to tell you that some things don't work. You say they are caused by Tapatalk, so I suggest getting rid of it. 3 times you have told me "you are trying to edit a post", when in fact, they were not edits, but new posts. I don't know how you can't see how that's frustrating on my side, when someone is telling you that you are doing something, that you are literally not doing. How can I accept that as the "solution" when it's not true? I am stuck. It appears that I can't report it and have it taken seriously, and I can't talk about the issue openly with anyone from the admin/mod staff.

Please understand I am merely expressing my frustrations and issues and not being taken seriously.
  18. ian408

Oddometer:
    We've received your complaints three times; three times we have have offered you a solution. That means three times we've taken your complaint seriously. I'm sorry you don't like the solution. That you do not believe it to be "true" is your interpretation, not mine or anyone else. Again, all that means you can report it, it was taken seriously and more importantly, we talked about it.

And now, we are done talking about it.
    Al Tuna likes this.
  19. ozmoses

Oddometer:
    While I have no issue with Safari, all of my bookmarks, etc are in FF and have been for 10+ years so, for me, having that as a default would have been very convenient.

Unfortunately, my understanding of what a mobile browser actually is seems confused.

To be honest, until now,I though DDG was strictly a search engine.

eta- while I do have more browser questions, reading this strangely contentious 'discussion' it seems that perhaps PM may be a better venue
    ZoomerP and MrKiwi like this.
  20. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/shedd-skunk-werks.1361891/page-49#post-41701057
    I'm not seeing several of my posts and a few of others' posts in this thread. Specifically, I'm not seeing a couple posts while on my home computer, yet seeing them in Tapatalk. I'm specifically not seeing post #962 or #963 to start with. I might be able to provide a few other examples later tonight if necessary. I can understand being blocked and/or blocking someone, but I definitely haven't blocked myself! :scratch:lol2 I also haven't blocked the individual whose post I can't see. What's going on???