What you did on or with your D/S-Adv bike today

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Huzband, Mar 3, 2014.

1. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    Both Husqvarnas getting love. The "austrian" one got the TPS adjusted from .48 (even the MX bikes come uber lean now) to .6, much happier and no more massive popping on decel.

The "swedish" one got last major parts haul, and managed to finagle the tapered sprocket off using a combination drowning in pb blaster and a valve spring compressor. Flywheel came off after which point I called it a day before splitting the cases this weekend and throwing a fresh transmission, crank seals and clutch into it. The sleepy WR will become essentially a CR.
    Philip Kuntz and Buzztail like this.
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Tossed the GS in the truck for the drive up to Blue Ridge tomorrow. :ricky
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    I thought they closed the Starbucks in Blue Ridge?:fpalm
    DaveBeezy, dwrobin, Buzztail and 2 others like this.
  4. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    :photog:lol3
    Huzband likes this.
  5. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    :fitz

:lol3

Man, the driving conditions couldn't have been much worse. Rain, hard rain, then some rain, then as a bonus it was pouring rain all the way through Atlanta. But then it cleared & by the time we were close to Elijay it was nice & dry. Looking forward to a few nice days of riding.
    20191115_171953~2.jpg

ps, this place is buried way back on a proper GS road. :ricky Kinda wish I could have brought the trials bike too, though.
    RichardD, mr_guns, waybill and 2 others like this.
  6. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sometimes I hate riding in those conditions.... oh wait:rofl
    Philip Kuntz, Dr.Z and Huzband like this.
  7. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang! I'm jealous! Looks awesome. Izzat your own place or a rental / VRBO kinda deal? Love the Blue Ridge / Suches / Hiawassee area!
  8. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    VRBO
    KirkN and Buzztail like this.
  9. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bolted the rejuvenated heads back onto the Frankenbeemer. Retorqued the bolts and then set the valve lash. I'll finish bolting the carbs on tomorrow and then fire the beast up!
    Huzband and Buzztail like this.
  10. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Errm, okay then.
    20191116_094135~2(1).jpg
    Buzztail likes this.
  11. Motopsychoman

Oddometer:
    Out here in Kalifornia, that would be ash on the seat. I have a carport and not a garage so the bikes have been accumulating a fine layer of the stuff for the past few weeks.
  12. Flirtin w/Disaster

Flirtin w/Disaster Skinny ass white boy

Oddometer:
    Very inspirational! Congrats on having the balls to catch all that air as a 48yr old noob. (Im 50 next year) I’m really wanting to learn to master some air on the KX100 but knowing the pains of missing the landing keep me in fear. If I can find some proper instruction I’ll probably go for it. Keep the vids coming!
  13. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    The wife, being the swell gal she is, always gives me a solo day when we're up here. For no particular reason I chose today.
    I started with a nice warm-up on 68 up to Tellico Plains. Stopped for gas then rolled through the historic district, noting that rumors of the demise of Tellico Grainery have been greatly exaggerated.
    Then off to slay the Cherahala. Wait, wrong road. Anyway, had a mostly great ride across. I say mostly because some areas had been salted, & some rather heavily. Not a confidence booster to say the least. Kinda wished I had taken the dirt but time was a bit of a factor. Hooked a left early & came to 129 north of R'ville.
    First stop was for one of my usual pics.
    20191116_123803(1)~2(1).jpg

NOW it's time to slay the dragon. Okay, honestly, not so much. It's been a year. I'm cognizant of the fact that I'm no doubt a little rusty. And it's middle of the day Saturday. I still held a respectable pace, but not quite enough for a couple of locals, a 5 series & a Vette. I snagged the first available pull out, they waved as they smoked on by. Finished the run & made a picture from one of my favorite places.
    20191116_130223~2.jpg

And left evidence of a CADS presence. :D
    20191116_130646_HDR(1)~2.jpg

Then it was back to R'ville & time to set sail for home through Andrews. It was a fun loop with very little traffic. More tomorrow. :ricky
  14. Motopsychoman

Oddometer:
    Got the Frankenbeemer all reassembled, tightened everything up and fired it up. Started right up.
    IMG_20191116_165622178.jpg Didn't have time to set the carbs as it is getting dark so early. Will do that in the morning then take it out for a ride.
    rider1150gsadv, DaveBeezy and Huzband like this.
  15. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Why the overlong plug cables? I bought Perz an aftermarket set for 100GS last year and it was same overlong deal. Stock is just enough to go from coil to plug with a slight arc to clear tank :scratch
  16. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Milkweed helped me bring this home today.

Oh boy, can’t wait to try this out.

BB4B2CF2-C8F8-48CD-8697-E34F2CA926E1.jpeg 1B0BFD66-6894-4FAE-8295-AC78183600F0.jpeg BF91C3AF-3B52-4A31-B726-98E0E5DAF1BF.jpeg

Attached Files:

17. Motopsychoman

Oddometer:
    It was the length that Rick (Motorrad Elektrik) had in stock. I usually tuck more of it along the backbone so it doesn't look so long but haven't taken the tank off lately. It doesn't interfere with anything so I've left it alone for now.
    Mugwest likes this.
  18. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Congrats Nick! :thumb And on the garage improvements as well. :D
    DaveBeezy likes this.
  19. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    Man, I'm just glad to hear Rick is still ALIVE. When i got in the game ~30 years ago he was already an old hand/guru. :bow
  20. Motopsychoman

Oddometer:
    I guess I bought my first part from him (a replacement for the Bosch coil, naturally) probably 15-20 years ago. Haven't had to buy too many parts from him, but he has offered me great advice several times over the years.
    Mugwest likes this.