What you did on or with your D/S-Adv bike today

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Huzband, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ADVNeophyte

ADVNeophyte How do you do this?

Oddometer:
    Watched an intense bike wash after completing the NEBDR.

Attached Files:

2. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got the GS a roommate.

54CA37C2-6C70-46B0-8876-F53D8B4A75CE.jpeg
  3. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    One for the dirt and one for the street...:ricky
    Davebert, Buzztail and sperz1 like this.
  4. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    And I got to see it first! Thanks for the delivery Sperz1. And congratulations on the new bike. :thumb
    sperz1 likes this.
  5. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Hey waitaminute, that doesn’t look like an R3!:patch

Congrats on the new bike mang:ricky
    sperz1 likes this.
  6. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tried the R3 route. Halls and Pensacola Motorsports had other ideas :dirtdog
  7. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    The 400’s faster anyway:nod
    sperz1, YJake and Buzztail like this.
  8. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man! That first picture is just great! Almost zero evidence of 'civilization' as far as the eye can see...

:thumbup
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  9. Davebert

Oddometer:
    How many BTU system did you get for your shop and what brand? I was looking a Senville 48,000 BTU unit (biggest I could find).
    Thanks
  10. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I priced them last summer and for some reason was going to go with two smaller ones
    Davebert and sanjoh like this.
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    No ceiling, ie open rafters in shop. 24k btu wall banger, don't recall the brand, that was 8 years ago. Unit still runs well. 230v, thermostat control so it shuts off when set point is reached.

The mini splits are so much more efficient today.
    Davebert likes this.
  12. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    With no AC I do run a big ass dehumidifier in the shop, and fans. While it’s really humid outside I can pull it down under 30%. Before it would stay in the 70% range and miserable. When I’m out there working I run a swamp cooler and blocks of ice in the reservoir to cool it off. It’ll blow cold air, but it’s far from efficient
  13. Davebert

Oddometer:
    As far as the 2 smaller units I think I noticed a good reason to do that too. The hose and wire kits for more distance from the heat pump. I have a big fan if I have to work in the hot shop and even 2 windows along with the large rollup door where I can actually get air moving through the shop. I avoid swamp coolers because of the moisture. Only once in however many years I had the shop did I run into a problem with moisture, but I remember it forever. That is when it was raining like mad and I had the big door open and my machines in the shop were cooler than the warmer moist air. The next day when I went out to my shop my lathe and mill had surface rust on them. I freaked out. In the end some minor cleanup and no harm done. I always keep them oiled but sometimes after use, the oil/kerosene mix disappears. Now I spray them with oil/kerosene mix every now and then just in case. I have used Bowshield T9 and it applies like a wax and it was on the mill when it got surface rust so I guess it wears off too.
  14. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    The dehumidifier I put in processes enough moisture that I don’t worry with having the door open when it’s raining, or running the swamp cooler. It auto drains to the outside so I just have to clean the fitter once a month to keep it rocking and rolling. Before I put it in I had some mold on my leather riding gear once. I just walked out there and it was stopped because it’s ~30% humidity in there. I feel like I could put it in a smaller enclosure and make jerky with it if I set it to constant run:rofl
  15. Davebert

Oddometer:
    I forgot you mentioned a dehumidifier. I used one up north in a basement for a while. They seem to work well but suck a lot of energy. What kind do you have? Maybe the newer ones are more economical and a worthwhile investment.

Something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9MFTZZ?linkCode=ogi

A bigger capacity:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PWH59GR?linkCode=ogi

Seems like they work according to the reviews (I know they do as I had one years ago) but potential fire hazard (likely rare), and the doubling of the electric bill. I guess that can be controlled somewhat by the guy using it though. I see a 4500 sq ft version for $209 so they are definitely affordable.
  16. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    I’ll have to look when I’m out there next time. It’s 75 pints a day as I recall. The capacity rating (pints per day) is a more consistent rating than square footage. Since that measures the ability to remove X amount of moisture in a 24hr period- important when you’re working with open areas and high ceilings (cubic feet) bs a basement that’s 1600sq/ft but only 7’ ceilings. My shop being over twice that many CUBIC feet of air.
    Having some fans moving around the air helps a lot too
  17. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    I lied when I said I wouldn't throw a leg over till it cooled down. Couldn't help my self.
    I'm completely smitten with this new dirt scooter :viking

Here's a look at Saturday mornings effort in the jungle.
  18. Davebert

Oddometer:
    This one looks great!
    https://colzer.com/products/296-ppd...MInaeU8cTm6wIVEfDACh3D-wY2EAQYAyABEgLkh_D_BwE
    Buzztail likes this.
  19. BadCaptain

BadCaptain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20200918_123844.jpg Dehumidifiers? My mistake, thought this was a moto forum?

Spent Friday exploring N Fl and S Ga dirt roads. Found plenty of humidity, to stay on topic.

First time out with the new to me Sena comms unit. Enjoyed streaming tunes for much longer than expected, cell towers must be reproducing in these parts.
  20. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    Iconic KTM machine by the way :clap