What you did on or with your D/S-Adv bike today

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Huzband, Mar 3, 2014.

1. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    One of my favorite cars was a 735 with a 5 speed, great driving and a decent tow car too, they don’t make em like that anymore.
    rider1150gsadv likes this.
  2. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sadly very true…

On a different note, did a 300 mile run to Sebring and back with the Woody’s repaired front wheel and all is well again. Zero vibes at any speed…:evil
    Ginger Beard, ZachM1 and CliffElam like this.
  3. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tires, oil, clean and lubed chain, bunch of test rides through dirt roads to double check everything. 5 days until we set off to drop the oldest at college off, then South Dakota and a special treat in Tennessee on the way back. First proper trip in quite some time. 917DF98E-FE33-4EAB-86EF-2FFA41B68307.jpeg

A8C31060-3F6C-4547-995B-8B20D6B68F1E.jpeg
  4. motomike14

Oddometer:
    I am not on the level of @Colemanfu with the videos yet, but here is some coverage of one of the hare scrambles we did on the KX100 this past season. Only a few weeks away from the start of the 21 season.

5. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    Got a nice 200 mile ride in this morning, and home before the rain. Picked up a new to me FJ 09 from a fellow inmate last night, this thing is a hoot. It is very well set up, suspension work, ECU flash... Just loving this bike, may even sell my Vstrom.
    [​IMG]
    Sleepy Hollow is open again, well sort of... Pretty good trailer food, and beer for a donation. Met some cool people there today, hung out for a couple of hours.

This thing is so damn fast, it is scary. The PO has it set up where it starts in "A" mode. I rode it in "A" mode all day, don't have the balls to turn off the TCS yet though...
    [​IMG]
  6. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Looks like a sweet machine :p3rry
    Philip Kuntz and Ginger Beard like this.
  7. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Congrats man, those bikes rip!!
    Philip Kuntz likes this.
  8. NickBrown

NickBrown n00b

Oddometer:
    Congrats. Gobbler road is one of my favorites and glad you stayed out of that huge downpore.
    Philip Kuntz likes this.
  9. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that I have some miles on it, I realize my KLX400 has a pretty bad flat spot / surge at steady throttle around 30mph. Figured it was just dirty with sit-around-itis. But, it wasn’t cleaning up with a couple tanks of fresh gas and Seafoam.

Pulled the carb and found this! Needle looks like it’s been chewed with vise grips or something! I shudder to think what the rest of the insides are gonna look like…

Sigh.

279523A5-0F1A-40B1-8078-7D2BABF8A62E.jpeg
  10. BadCaptain

BadCaptain Bad decisions make good stories

Oddometer:
    Damn that's ugly, here's hoping a new needle and a couple of fresh jets are going to improve on this situation.....
  11. KirkN

KirkN Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    My only bit of hope is that it DOES idle perfectly and runs strong if you whack the throttle, maybe implying the pilot and main are ok. And the various passages. We’ll see. And jets are cheeep, in the grand scheme of things. :D
    olyridz, AST236 and ZachM1 like this.
  12. BadCaptain

Oddometer:
    Interested in what you find at disassembly. Wonder what was in the fuel or what else caused this?
    olyridz likes this.
  13. motomike14

Oddometer:
    170-ish mixed miles of twisty pavement, forest roads and some true technical two track through Spearfish down to Nemo through Rochford and back north in South Dakota. More on tap tomorrow.

KIMG0017~2.JPG
  14. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Looks like it has been sandblasted...Check the air filter and air box too while you're at it.... YMMV
  15. Fla_Dawg

Fla_Dawg Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rode up to the Bayard WMA on Sunday, only to find all the gates locked up. Anyone ever ride thru the bicycle/hiking openings and go exploring, or honor the closed gate and move on?

20210815_160841.jpg
    KimPossible and rider1150gsadv like this.
  16. BadCaptain

Oddometer:
    Not sure which gate you were at. Tried a ride there last year, first from the hiking-only entrance gate off Hwy 16 nearest to the Shands Bridge/SJR. Instead found open access just a bit to the west off Wildwood Rd (indicated as such on Google at least) and a two track grass trail leading south into the Bayard area. We didn't find much of interest there, the southern end at Bayard Rd was gated off. Perhaps that's where you tried?

It's further west, but consider Belmore SF off CR 315 for plenty of miles of two track "trails".
    Fla_Dawg likes this.
  17. Fla_Dawg

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info, will have to check out Belmore.

I wasn't far from where Bayard Road turns into a private drive. I headed back out towards CR 209 and crossed over to CR 226. Tried 2 entrances and both had the gates locked. The very first gate you could see some tents about 100 yards in, so maybe hikers/bikers, not sure.

Still had a good ride on those little backroads. Some nice properties out there by the river.
  18. Bobino

Bobino Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Next time you're in my back yard let me know. I am down 209 a few miles. I try to respect when the gates are closed.
    If you cross US17, there are dirt roads throughout southern clay county.
    Fla_Dawg likes this.
  19. Fla_Dawg

Oddometer:
    Yea will do...looking at Google maps there are a lot more backroads heading west from 17 than I realized.
  20. Milkweed

Milkweed It's not me, it’s the bike.

Oddometer:
    Fleming Island, Florida & Coeur d’Alene, ID
    31715721-CEF1-4510-9AEF-6D85D122A25B.jpeg 289E045E-1FED-4879-8A9E-13BBBEF7ABED.jpeg D94CB3AC-F0B7-41FA-A57A-9F7439226032.jpeg Did a beautiful 165 mile dual sport ride from Coeur d’Alene to Saint Marie’s, ID & back today with my buddy Dudley Danger. Feeling lucky to have these opportunities.