What's a Better Sand Bike--CR500 or KX500

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by brucifer, Jul 18, 2013.

1. stainlesscycle

stainlesscycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    you are a troll. i guess nambotin, raga, etc, are less serious riders

you didn't answer my question (what gg have you owned, what big bore have you owned, what serious competition have you competed in) therefore i can only take your opinion as moot, and discount EVERYTHING you say. same as everyone else. every thread you touch turns to shit, wonder why?
  2. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    I get it you are all butthurt because since 1980 American riders have come across the pond and laid waste to the World ............... 22 times and the UK has won how many MX des Nations titles.

Must be the autolube.
  3. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure you can compare US professional MX racers (who are getting paid double what a European rider would make), to middle aged play bike riders, on worn out 30 yr old open class MX bikes, dribbling neat autolube oil out of their exhausts?
  4. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    If it bothers you so much why do you continually troll through these threads posting the same BS.

This thread was about a KX500 vs CR500 which you know nothing about.

I had a KX 500 and thought it was a great bike.

If you knew anything about demographics most dirt bikes in America are being bought by 40+ year olds. The biggest classes tend to be the Vet classes.

There are so many 50 plus riders at some of the races I have been to that they split it ino 3 categories novice, intermediate and pro.
  5. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    43 years old,amateur....................and capable of making the main at any National.

[​IMG]
  6. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    Lets not forget Mike Brown 41 years old and kicking ass at EX, MX and WORC's

[​IMG][/IMG]
  7. 81cr450

81cr450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uhhhhh:csm

Nice to see we adhd is alive & well

That looks fairly clean & a grand you cant get hurt as you could part it easy for that. Pull the pipe look up it's hole, pull the mag cover feel the crank bearings for slop, as long as the motor seems solid all the other stuffs pretty easy 89-04
  8. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

The technical content of all of my posts is 100% correct, and is the result of careful investigation of the subjects mentioned, not mere repetition of advertising blurb, which in many cases is far from accurate.

From posts on here its pretty clear that you are wholly correct in what you suggest about the main market for dirt bike sales in the US.

This is I guess the reason why on this forum at least there seems to be little knowledge related to machine preparation for serious competition, as most are either play bike riders, or not competing in serious higher level competition.

Nothing wrong at all with play biking or competing for fun, but proper bike preparation, carried out in the same way as serious racers would do, will help to make any bike run better and be easier to ride.
  9. Cletus Runswithscissorsguy

Cletus Runswithscissorsguy hiding in plain sight

Oddometer:

:dhorse:stupid:dizave:stfu:topes
  10. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

Ron just because you are not great on the technical stuff (in common with others posting here it would seem), why not just read and learn rather than taking issue with things you dont understand fully?
  11. stainlesscycle

stainlesscycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    perhaps you should heed some of your own advice.
  12. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    He still refuses to answer any questions of experience or substance. Nothing more than a simple troll.

Many of us have posted up our experience and accomplishments only to be ridiculed by someone who in all likelyhood is sitting in some basement in the UK. Probably a Paki immigrant with a stolen computer whose experience consists of riding in 2 stroke rickshaws during visits to his Mother in Bangalore.

So why bother?
  13. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

From what I can see your "experience" seems to suggest you think its better to use very thin autolube oil in pre-mix machines, and bearing in mind this fundamental error, I cant see that you would be likely to be able to accomplish very much? As to your racist slurs, that would be enough to get you a criminal record if you were living in the UK, rather than the US where racism seems to be more accepted.
  14. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    My posts are 100% technically accurate, and there is certainly no good reason to to heed the BS posted up on net forums, rather than the accurate and concise advice I have provided myself.
  15. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    So the UK will lock you up for insults? No wonder we had to bail your sorry asses out.

You missed the 14 landspeed records,an 1/8 mile speed record in a nitro class,crew chief of a dominant (4 consecutive championships including an undefeated season) Pro Stock Harley team,40 years of MX/hare scrambles/road/drag and landspeed racing.

Any time you'd like to back up your loudmouthed bullshit I'll be here. I need an excuse to build another bike. Sometimes success breeds complacency and I'm bored.

But this is the internet and no one has come forth when challenged. Ya never know I could lose.
  16. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    Fixed to show how really stupid you are repeating the same drivel over and over again.:rofl
  17. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

If you are able to post anything whatever to support the idea of autolube oil being better to use in pre-mix bikes than a purpose designed product, then please feel free to do so? While you are at it clarify the reasons for a need to increase jet sizes to compensate for lower air density at higher altitudes?

If you are unable to help with whats denoted above, it seems pretty clear who is more familiar with "drivel",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  18. Twin-shocker

Twin-shocker Long timer

Oddometer:

Here in the UK there are strict laws related to racism. But I guess any country which has produced the KKK, and where a court rules its acceptable to murder an unarmed black teenager in self defence, racism is seen quite differently to how we see in the UK?

As to your "accomplishments" these are things which surely must be looked at, bearing in mind the fact you have little or no grasp of very basic areas such as 2T lubrication or carb jetting?

The way you behave on here attacking others with far more understanding of technical matters than yourself, seems to be strongly supporting your own woeful lack of understanding, and I would strongly suggest you try listening rather than attacking, as you might learn some useful information.....................
  19. slideways

slideways España

Oddometer:
    The temperature, humidity, elevation etc all affect jetting. Hot weather will normally require smaller numbered jets and cooler weather will need larger numbered jets.

So a very cold day at altitude could require an increase in jet size.

So buzz off troll and stop screwing up every thread in this forum.
  20. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's not a troll. He's a marionette. So easy to make him dance.

[​IMG]

I'm sure the Irish would be interested in those "strict laws".