Whats the best piece of equipment you've ever bought?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Jeffro115, Sep 9, 2006.

1. lipsee

lipsee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I,m on abit of a roll this last couple of years,,I seem tobe getting the right gear (at last) Knox armoured vest fits great and works well,,Warm/Dry heated vest proved good down to -5...Now I just got back from a 4day trip up to Scotland and used this Kriega sling ,it was not cheap,,and I had been looking at a K20 rucksack ,but this sling ( thing) worked a treat..Secret is ,,buy cheap if you can..but if you have the spendys,,do,nt be afraid to raid the bank !!! upload_2016-11-20_8-44-43.jpeg
  2. rider33

rider33 Long timer

Oddometer:
    typically when threads go long they get pretty useless, this one is still very handy. Since I finally found it again let me add one more: the Aerostich MotoFizz seat bag. None of their stuff is cheap, most of it is worth every cent that they charge. As a long time rider, I have a LARGE collection of bags. Other than the tank bag, none of them get much use anymore since I got one of these maybe 5-6 years ago. It has more functionality than a Swiss Army knife and unlike the boxes that make your ass-end about as wide as a delivery van, these keep things nice and narrow not to mention providing you a back rest. Water bottle holder, flaps on top for maps and the other jacket, endless straps and tie downs etc.- the thing is a marvel. I started with the medium (1 wk of kit) then added the large just last year (2wks+). The rain cover sort of sucks (Scotchguard is your friend) but other than that these things are amazing, 'highly recommended:
    [​IMG]
  3. alienbogey

alienbogey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sena Bluetooth communicators so my wife and I have bike to bike comms when we ride.

O/T: HK P7
    Scooter22 and shrederscott like this.
  4. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've always had the opposite feeling as everyone else. I tend to be let down by most things instead of impressed. All my gear and such does perform as expected, but for the price, it should! Nothing I can think of really screams best purchase ever for me. However on my sportbike the wolfman beta plus bag is so good, if it walked away today I would have another overnighted.
  5. shrederscott

shrederscott Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi

The single best thing I have bought..........drum roll............

Recluse clutch

Major :) to be had

Scott
    Oddfellow likes this.
  6. REALGRAVEROBBER

REALGRAVEROBBER LEAVING GRAVES EMPTY

Oddometer:
    AirHawk 2 inflatable seat pad. No more aftermarket seats needed on any bike.
    Duckworth, Scooter22 and GSJon like this.
  7. WindBlast

WindBlast without music life would Bb

Oddometer:
    ^^^ +1 ^^^
  8. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Luggage. It's the one thing that transforms a bike from a joy ride to a grocery errand running trip taking beast.
    jimmycorp, Butters and Steviebear like this.
  9. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me too. I finally broke down & bought my first heated vest from Aerostitch about 10 years ago, (after resisting for decades). It still looks & performs like new. Now I almost wish it would fail in some way, so I could justify buying the full heated liner.
  10. W.S.

W.S. Just a guy

Oddometer:
    MSR dragonfly stove, no question. Most useful, versatile, durable and well-thought-out piece of gear I can think of.

Attached Files:

11. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    16VGTIDave and Duckworth like this.
  12. Edano

Edano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My boots, Daytona Trans Open GTX. Expensive but extraordinary high quality and very comfortable.
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't wait. Get a full liner. Get a First Gear one and you will wonder why you never did before! :deal
    SkizzMan likes this.
  14. kingofZroad

kingofZroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    1. Sena SMH-10. I love being able to talk to my fiance' (occasionally) while going down the road, as well as listening to my music!
    2. Flash2Pass. While coming down the street to my house, I simply turn on the left turn signal (left turn into the driveway...) and the garage door opens automatically for me!! No more fiddling with "standard" spare remotes or getting off to use the wireless key pad.
  15. Christof

Christof Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pivot Pegs for the CRF1000 because the stock ones suck.
    My Rukka Airman Jacket that I bought in 2006 is well worn and still looks great. I recently bought the Klim Badlands jacket and pants, which are warm, waterproof, well vented, and bulletproof. But they'll never be as cool as the Rukka.
    The Matris suspension I put on the 800GS made that bike ride and handle like it should've from the factory.

I think my favorite item is the Termignoni system on the Africa Twin. The sound is just right and the look is much cleaner than the lump that came from the factory.
  16. Christof

Christof Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One more thing. LD Comfort underware keeps me cool or warm and dry. No monkey butt and no seams to dig in. LD Comfort makes a bigger difference than any air pad or custom seat, for a fraction of the cost.
  17. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Four things:
    1. Jesse luggage
    2. Air hawk (but only if I put in a minimal amount of air)
    3. The favorite is my WR250R!!!!!!! Ride it most of the time.
    4. Gerbing heated liner - added 4 more months to my riding season.

Worst gear was the cheap pretend rair jackets and pants. Should have went ahead. With the Aerostitch or Klim years ago and would have save a bunch of money.
  18. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For bikes: Renazco seats

For the woods: my 35+ year old L.L.Bean hunting boots. They survived ten winters of working on a survey field crew every day in SC plus winter fishing and hunting. They got resoled every couple of years. Then they did another 25+ years as my winter woods work and snow boots in MD.

Bean has restitched, resoled, repaired and reworked these way more times than I can remember. But they are still butter soft, waterproof and still get worn every winter. Different color eyelets and hooks are from the last trip back to Bean. They finally said no more new bottoms can be stitched on. :cry

Grreatwife will likely bury me in these......

[​IMG]
    rideslikeafish and joe a like this.
  19. BvilleBud

BvilleBud Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aerostich Roadcrafter suit.
    Lornce likes this.
  20. Doc Sarvis

Doc Sarvis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ex Officio Give and Go underwear. Where the rubber meets the road....so to speak.