What's the REAL story behind KTM saying no to Long Way Round?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by zolo, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired

Oddometer:
    They are available on NetFlix
  2. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    the movie made me buy an adventure bike, and I ultimately figured out which one fargin rips.... IMG_1069.JPG

Attached Files:

DistortedAxis and liftedlimo like this.
  3. SHEP_5

SHEP_5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Western NY, somewhere between Buffalo & Rochester
    Just discovered and started watching the documentary. It makes me want to ride!
    Mr Head likes this.
  4. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired

Oddometer:
    I rewatched/listened to most of LWR while on stay-cation working on the 990R last week. Nice to have that to keep me company in the garage.
  5. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I found LWD a little too scripted for my taste but the boys were out having fun so you can't fault them for that. LWR was decent entertainment and having worked on and off in the film industry for over 15 years I know how much crap they were likely carrying to put the show together. I've only read Mondo Enduro, haven't seen the video but I bet it's good entertainment too. One day I'll get my 640A back together and go for a ride, maybe get on the new section of the Trans Labrador Highway before they pave it, damned road has thwarted my efforts two or three times already.
  6. mattscott

mattscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    God damn there are a bunch of jealous little bitches in this thread.
    JohnnyWaffles likes this.
  7. mattscott

mattscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't get why people are so filled with hate, it's like a bunch of hipsters talking about bands they knew before they were mainstream.

The fact is they made a major series about riding around the world. If you've ever filmed anything to do with vehicles, you'd know they actually did it quite low-key.

And let's not forget that OB1 probably had Hollywood movie producers demanding that a doctor was with at all times, there's hundreds of millions of dollars riding on his head.
    srelegante, mutt550, DougA and 3 others like this.
  8. caliform

caliform Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, OB1. Took me a while to figure that one out, mattscott. Agreed, bitter thread is bitter.
    ThirtyOne likes this.
  9. pooneej

pooneej Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd guess his agent right?
    Just watching this now . I'm behind the times yeah. A coworker remarked about my bike (a BMW GS) and said there was a show with Ewan McGregor that had BMW GS's (but had knobbies on it...) So I had to see what he was talking about. Its a neat docu. Shows different cultures and landscapes.
    mutt550 likes this.
  10. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd resurrect the thread given the Long Way Up was just released. Any thoughts on the current project/film?
  11. Kray

Kray Long timer

Oddometer:
    A big well documented advertisement for Rivian and Harley. Not saying there’s anything wrong with this, just stating the facts.

It missed that personal footage of them on the bikes trying to figure their way through problems with only what they had on them. This go round seems very “Corp backed” to ensure products are represented correctly.

I guess we’ll see how the rest of the episodes shake out. I’m enjoying the adventure so far and it’s good to be back with Ewen and Charlie.
    mcskeeto likes this.