Whats the ruckus?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by scorch, Sep 2, 2008.

1. chromemonkey

chromemonkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ruckus is just a copy of a honda motra , made for 2 years made in 81-82

[​IMG]
  2. southwade

southwade ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure it is.

99% of people who swap a Ruck go with a 150cc GY6 for some dumb reason.
  3. Forde

Forde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah i was just wondering the other day before i saw that pic, why nobody swaps in a 2T engine?

i think you can swap most scooter engines about fairly easy. id rather have a malossi kitted 183cc 2t with race crank and pipe etc than a 150cc 4t chinese clone motor...

i was thinking about getting a ruckus, they are called zoomer here. but i went on honda uk website today and the zoomer has gone, maybe it is discontinued for 2012? i was looking at it less than a month ago on the site, looked a lot of times throughout 2011
  4. Forde

Forde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    based on the concept maybe, wouldnt say its a copy as it looks nothing like it lol
  5. southwade

southwade ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer:
    Discontinued! I hope not, but it would make sense. Honda is all about practicably over style at all costs. The Ruck/Zoomer doesn't fit that mold very well.
  6. Forde

Forde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah, i was going to go and buy new. i have never seen a second hand one for sale, they didnt sell well over here i dont think. anyway i was looking at their site all 2011, checking out the ruck and pcx cos they are sweet. and i went on for the first time in 2012 and it was gone, there is a new scooter on the site now the Vision (honda had a model called this years ago, must be reviving the name) which comes in 50/110. this must be what they have replaced the ruck with. looks like just the ruckus motor and the beat/lead 110 motors in a new body style. i wouldnt have one though.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/scooters/#!/vision50/
  7. southwade

southwade ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer:
  8. Forde

Forde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah, thats what i thought. the ruck 50 is gone and replaced with the vision 50, the beat/lead 110 is gone and replaced with the same vision with 110 engine, i shouldve bought the ruck last year when i was thinking about it, ah well