Whats to do in New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by HaChayalBoded, Mar 25, 2010.

1. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Got here a few hours ago with these two guys (ride report here). We are in the french quarter off Elyshian Rd and Espenlansa (not spelled right I'm sure).
  2. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    1) Try not to let your ride get stolen.

2) Try not to get mugged.

3) Try not to get "killt"

:D

ON a more serious note, tour the French Quarter and the Market while you are there. Cruise St. Charles and take in the houses and garden district. Personally, I like the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium, bar hopping the French Quarter, Riverwalk mall, Hard Rock Cafe, have Hurricane (if you aren't riding!), Landry's Seafood, Margaritaville Cafe, maybe take a riverboat cruise, Jackson Square, and check out some of the interesting shops in the Quarter, etc. (There is a tobacco shop I like and my ex-g'friend used to love going in the little voodoo museums and shops.) Most of all, just chill and enjoy, but be careful!! :rofl
  3. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    1. Go to Buck Town and have BBQ oysters at Dragos
    2. Take a walk on the river front
    3. Go to Jackson Square see the working artists and watch people
    4. Take a River Boat cruise
    5. Cafe Du Mond
    6. Go to the Zoo in City Park
    7. Take the street car and enjoy lots of different views of the the city
    8. Do an airboat tour in the swamps outside the city. Pricey but fun and worth the time.
    9. For the hell of it tour an alligator farm
    10. Try to stay sober, go ahead...I dare ya!
    11. Cross the Ponchartrain bridge and go into St. Tammany Parish and to Madisonville. Find and eat at Mortons Seafood! The best bar known and you get to cross 26 miles of open water on the bridge. DO THE SPEED LIMIT OR YOUR WALLET WILL BE LIGHTER - NO TOLERANCE.
  4. redduck124

redduck124 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What they said, with a few extra tips:

1. If you walk east on Bourbon St. until you don't see any more females, you've gone too far.

2. If someone wants to bet you he can tell you where you got them shoes, don't.

3. If you get lucky in a bar, do the Crocodile Dundee hand check before you get too serious.

4. If you get a beignet at Morning Call, drink the chocolate milk with it.

5. STAY OUT OF THE 9TH WARD. No really, even during daylight. You may be perfectly safe, but why take the chance.

6. Have a artist draw you in Jackson Square.

7. Stand at the Moonwalk by the Mississippi and watch the ships move up and down the river.

8. Visit Preservation Hall in the Quarter and soak in some real music.

9. Bring your camera and capture as many bare boobs as possible. (and PM me the good ones)

10. And last but not least, party your ass off, because it's the best city in the U.S. to do it in.
  5. evilbollweevil

evilbollweevil HDkila

Oddometer:
    All of the above plus move your wallets to a front pocket, if your approached by someone wanting to shine your shoes, or sell you somethin or ask you a riddle... keep your guard up and watch around you. They work in pairs or even groups from 5 yrs old on up, just keep movin and stay together.

Have fun, take pics, enjoy... Its a beautiful city, I love it.

Dont bet they can tell you where you got them shoes... you got them on your feet

Dont bet they can tell you how many letters are in your last name... there is 12 (Y O U R) ( L A S T)( N A M E) count them

Dont bet they can tell you how many kids your daddy had.... NONE your mom had them all

Dont bet they can tell you the last thing you take off before you get in the bed... you take your feet off the floor

I think you get it now

+ 1 on Mortons in Madisonville the finest bread puddin you'll eat. Friends right acrocc the rd is on the river and has some fine food also. Their JackLeg chicken is awesome, its a grilled chicken breast served on a bed of jambaliya and its fine.
  6. tomski74

tomski74 Silesian American Supporter

Oddometer:
    All of the above plus:

- Take an air boat swamp tour and chase some gators
    - Visit New Orleans Jazz National Historic Park (French Market area)
    http://www.nps.gov/jazz/index.htm
    - Listen to some good zydeco music
    - Walk around French Quarter with a big a$$ drink in your hand and enjoy the freedom :D

Cheers:freaky
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  7. JT

JT Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. toddlamp

toddlamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on heading to New Orleans as part of a cross country ride and looking to stay for at least 2 nights. My main purpose is for the seafood. Any recommendations on where to get lots and lots of good priced seafood? It doesn't have to be in the heart of the city, since most places the best food is on the outskirts.
  9. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    leave... nothing down there but drunks and crack heads. there's a reason why it's below sea level. it's where all the crap from the rest of the US ends up.
  10. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    You're just sayin that cause the best part of MS has already washed down into the Delta. just sayin
  11. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Wow, it sounds like a Mexican border town might be a safer destination.
  12. toddlamp

toddlamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Starting to wonder that myself.
  13. evilbollweevil

evilbollweevil HDkila

Oddometer:
    No, but you just need to be careful which direction you walk. It can change drastically in just one block. I no some good places to eat but dont no names to good or streets at all I just have to go there. When u goin I 'll try to get some names and locals for ya and get back to ya.
  14. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    Wal-Mart looting seemed to be popular a few years ago....

:hide

:lol3
  15. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    And Best Buy! Don't forget the Best Buy looting!!! Everyone needs a 52" plasma when they have no electricity!!! :D