When a motorcycle dealership changes ownership...

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Dr. Greg, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Old wrenches and parts guys tend to stay at least at BMW dealers IME.
  2. Meriden

Meriden Yea whatever

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind that most employees in the industry know the other dealers and how they operate. A popular local dealer sold after years in business and every employee worth his salt left during the conversion because of the new owner's reputation. I've seen it in my industry many times. Upper management it tested and replaced if they don't work well with the new business model. Sales leaves as the commissions structure is changed. Etc. etc. etc. I have past consulting clients that I wouldn't work for, ever. They say a good merger is one where you keep your talent, your clients and your profits. While not everyone is worth keeping, if most of the familiar faces are gone the new owners probably screwed up.
  3. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer

Oddometer:
    There are a couple of very large dealer networks in Oz. They are uniformly awful.
  4. RedShark

RedShark Long timer

Oddometer:
    Local BMW dealership got sold to the BIG local motorsports conglomerate (H-D distributorship) - changed service policy, won't even LOOK at an '05 BMW for factory maintenance interval.

Sold the bike and said goodbye to the brand.