When are you going to Baja/Mexico

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by McMaster, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rogersboyz

rogersboyz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all - passing south through Tijuana Dec 17, meander through Northern Baja for a few days, and back out Dec 21st. I welcome any company to share experiences, stories, etc.

Jeff Rogers
  2. McMaster

McMaster Any Direction Anytime

Oddometer:
    Winter is here in Boise Idaho its snowing right now and am putting together the last touches on gear etc... I will be heading south around 22nd of January I should be in Southern Cal by January 26th at the latest and plan on heading across border at Tiajuana Have a friend in Sandiego I will leave my truck I am freaking so excited last year kicked ass I will definatley be looking for others who will be down there and checking emails...I plan on staying down there 20 to 30 days hope to meet up with other ADV riders down there...If you think you will be down that way post when and where at the least would like to hook up with some riders to cross in TJ and spend a few days getting down south past all the assh$les I will be on a Red KLR650 with black Pelican case Panniers idaho plates and a big smile on my face!!!

Billy
  3. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving from Wisconsin on Monday.
  4. ironman44

ironman44 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am heading to the Southern tip of Baja, leaving Denver CO the 12th of January. Should be ready to cross the border, (Tijuana, Mexicali), on day 5.
    Riding the slab master; Black '07 Triumph America.
    I will also be on the internet daily if anyone wants to set up a rendevous spot to meet and ride. I sure would like the company;never been before and know none to little spanish...
  5. Pelon

Pelon Dia Por Dia

Oddometer:
    Do you really want to go through Tijuana? I would suggest dropping in at Tecate, and then taking the 3 to Ensenada. The three is the ruta vinicola, or winery route, and takes you through Baja's wine country. It is a nice twisty road with plenty of sights, and it is a very pleasant 2 hour ride. Plus, it is free, which is nice.
  6. ironman44

ironman44 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like the sound of that ride and because of the craziness I have heard associated with crossing in Tijuana, I am going to follow your advice. Can my Cruizer handle the terrain? The Triumph America isnt set up for the dirt stuff...

Thanks for the word to the wise!
  7. 2 Wheels

2 Wheels .

Oddometer:
    The road from Tecate to Ensenada is paved.
  8. JKL

JKL Rider

Oddometer:
    I am planning a Baja ride for end of February into March.
    It will be on a XR650R or more dirt on a KTM 525.:D
  9. Pelon

Pelon Dia Por Dia

Oddometer:
    And NICE! Lots of good twisties, and beautiful countryside. There is a stretch that was being resurfaced about 2/3 of the way to Ensenada recently, but it is passable on ANY bike. Just make sure to moderate your speed.
  10. lost...

lost... Guarior

Oddometer:
    Completely agree.
    Just came through there day before yesterday heading north. I'll be doing this one next time. A breeze. By the way, my friends waited two hours to get through TJ north, and it took me about 30 seconds at Tecate. No line.
  11. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Yuma is even closer for you (coming from Colorado) -- all paved as well.
  12. McMaster

Oddometer:
  13. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    McMaster and others I will try and take the ferry sometime this week end and would like to meet up with you and ride some backroads. Batopilas suposed to have net connection, I´ll try and check here again.
  14. McMaster

Oddometer:
    I am in southern cal monday supposed to have a weather break so I will be heading south monday I will be checking my emails etc so stay in touch let me know where you are and when
  15. McMaster

Oddometer:
    Hey need to ask a favor sheared my foot peg bolts they are the cheap Kawasaki I replaced a bunch of other bolts on frame just stupid I missed those..Anyways if you had the chance to get buy a hardware or fastener store in Sandiego before you head down grab me four 12mm bolts (3/4inch length) either stainless or stronger what ever you can find...I will keep checking these posts to see if you get this I am heading to Mulege today will be staying there for a few days and they have an internet in town so I can check regularly..I will pay you back when you get down here if you do Thanks so much

Billy
  16. ny-wolcott

ny-wolcott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Summer-N. Catskills,NY; Winter-Ocala NF, FL
    Is anyone going down to San Felipe for the Tecate 250 that is supposedly scheduled for March 14? I was advised to get down there and set up on the 10th, before the crowd gets there.

Do any of you have more info, such as exact date and time, location of start, routes, etc?

Pat & I hope to be there in our small tan 5th wheel trailer behind a blue and silver Ford F350 p/u. Adv sicker is in the back window of the trailer.Two Kawi Super Sherpas too.

Dick
  17. Pelon

Pelon Dia Por Dia

Oddometer:
    I am riding out from SD, but I won't get there til the 13th. I already have a hotel reservation. :evil I will be on my 990; my 450 is too god damned uncomfortable for the 5 hour ride.
  18. BCRides

BCRides Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be leaving El Paso March 8th for a Copper Canyon / Baja and back loop. Should ferry to Baja on the 12th+/. Baja next 4 days (through the 16th. Slab it back next day.

525 EXC with 990, 950 (& a 530 for CC but not Baja).
  19. Graywolf11

Graywolf11 Lobo Loco Moto

Oddometer:
    Between Cimarron Ridge and the Uncompaghre
    We're haeding out of Agua Prieta for Copper Canyon April 19th. I'm riding a KTM 950 Adventure and will be with a KLR650, a Suzuki DS650, and an FE550e Husaberg.
  20. JKL

JKL Rider

Oddometer:
    I will be riding down Baja in early March on my XR650R - mainly dirt.
    I don't know if I should avoid the 250 or maybe ride part of the course?