When is your next planned trip.... and to where?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner

Oddometer:
    wow...
    for 6 months
    i have family (my wife's mom's family, actually) in panama
    let me know when you get near there....
    they'll be THRILLED to get involved in your trip, if you are interested

take care
    ride safe
    thanks for the reply here
    good luck
  2. Dogtown

Dogtown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heading out of Marin this Saturday on a 2up trip with the wife through Baja to Cabo. Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!! The entire family has warned us of marauding bandidos and drug cartels taking U.S. hostages for ransum......Oh and Swine flue becoming an epidemic and originating in Mexico!!! Hummm, I'll write a ride report and let you know how it turns out. Sounds exiting so far!
  3. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    it's nice when the family can be so supportive.... isn't it? :rofl

enjoy the trip
    ride safely
    share as much as you can with us
    thanks for your contribution here
  4. Dang12457

Dang12457 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm heading north out of Maryland, targeting New Hampshire and Nova Scotia. When those happen and everything in between will be determined as I go.

Starting off 7/24 and will be on the road for 9-10 days

Taking this on solo. First long trip, first solo trip. Couldn't be any more excited about it than I am now.
  5. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    i'm excited for you
    sounds like a wonderful adventure
    have the time of your life
    be safe
    take us along for the ride, please
    thanks for your post
  6. Anciano

Anciano Bushpilot

Oddometer:
    Hauling bike (DR650) from home (Tulare, CA), leaving on August 1, 2009. Take a couple of days to get to Lordsburg, NM (800 miles approx.). Leave van in storage and start the Continental Divide Ride, South to North, using Big Dog’s GPS tracks, as modified by Jerry Counts. Camping mostly, get a motel when I need clothes and body washing. After touching Canada I will probably need tires. I’ll change to street tires and ride back to get van. On the way back to New Mexico, I am going to visit some Indian ruins sites that interest me. (Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, Canyon de Chelly, Mesa Verde National Park & Aztec Ruins National Monument)

I am old and slow so it will take at least three weeks. I can hardly wait. I can’t concentrate on any thing but the ride. I go home from work and pack and repack the bike. I am using Ranger model Dirt Bagz for heavy stuff and a duffle strapped on to an Ebay rack for tent and sleeping gear. I’m ready.

Wayne
  7. coaxial

coaxial Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nothing original or too exciting here.. just finished a short trip down to the california coast, and Next month I'll be v-stroming solo from vancouver, BC to fairbanks, various roads and boats and provinces along the way, august 1st-19th.

Next on the list is mexico.
  8. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    thanks for the post, wayne
    sorry for my late reply
    good luck on the trip
    can't wait to read, and see all about it
  9. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    in my currently mundane riding existence... all 3 trips sound exciting !

thanks for the post
    will you file a RR about the recent cali coast trip?

the BC-Fairbanks adventure sounds exciting
    hope you'll share as much of it with us, as you can

thanks
  10. welcometoashley

welcometoashley New Member

Oddometer:
    i'm planning a trip around lake michigan. start from chicago and go north thru wisconsin and the upper peninsula of michigan and back down the west coast of michigan.

i've heard it's a really scenic ride and the weather in the midwest this summer has been really mild so it should be a great ride....
  11. adriangmz

adriangmz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dont worry just do it, no drug cartel war no swine flu, no nothing just a little hot weather, im in cabo, ill help you with whatever u need, please let me know how can I be of help.

adrian
  12. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    leaving jax, fla sept 4th. 500 miles of I95 interstate to my parents place in central north carolina. then sept 7th, hit the blue ridge parkway in va and camp at willville mc campground. the next night at blue ridge mc campground in cruso,nc. wednesday night a deals gap resort campground. the last night (sat) will be in suches, ga at skeenah creek campground at the zrxoa rally.
  13. rocker59

rocker59 diplomatico di moto

Oddometer:
    1. Undercliff Grill and Bar. Tipton Ford, Missouri.
    2. Saturday, 8 August.
    3. Moto Guzzi Lunch.

[​IMG]

Last year we had a about a dozen bikes. A few ridden from as far as 300 miles away for the lunch, even though it rained like hell !!!
  14. 808Tugpilot

808Tugpilot Pop A Wheelie!

Oddometer:
    Right now my bike is on ship sailing from Hawaii to San Diego. I pick it up on the 14th of August and then head to parts East and North. Joshua Tree, Boulder City NV, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Page AZ, Natural Bridges Utah, down through Glenn Canyon, Halls Crossing, Escalante, southern Utah, up through Brians Head and towards Great Basin National Park NV, Ruby Valley, Jarbidge NV, over to Reno and then To Clear Lake CA, via the Henness Pass and some other dirt, then back to Minden NV to leave my bike for awhile and come back to Hawaii to work another six weeks!!!!

Fly back in November to ride around in Death Valley for awhile before I ship my bike back home.
  15. charliemike

charliemike wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Leaving tomorrow at noon From ATL to Lake Placid, NY. 2up to spend a week with the famdamily (brothers sister etc) for my mom's birthday.

Hoping to bag the ironbutt 1000 / 1 along the way... (either coming or going).

Anyone know any good riding in the Adirondack high peaks region or Anyone heading our way?
  16. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are in the beginning stages of planning on riding the TAT.

Trip will be in middle of September 2010.

We will start in Trinidad, Colorado and take it to the end in Oregon.

I will be on my KTM 530EXC, another rider will be on another KTM and lastly one on a Honda 650L or whatever it is.

We can hardly wait.
  17. 1KBOOM

1KBOOM 2-Wheel Patriot

Oddometer:
    Will leave June 1, 2010 to take the "scenic route" there & back to Yellowstone area. Will meet my family (who will fly) and friends who have a ranch in Lima, Montana. Expect 14 - 16 days of R&R on my DL1000 (thank you, self employment). Any constructive input is appreciated! This will also be my first major RR once I figure out how to post photos:wink: .
  18. Hosebag

Hosebag Difficult but Useful

Oddometer:
    The next 'official' trip is back to Baja next fall :freaky , but I'm sure something will pop up in the meantime....
  19. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    My wife (ST1100) and I (ST1300) will soon be leaving Pennsylvania heading to the UP of Michigan, then across the Northern Plains to Glacier Park, wander thru Montana and Idaho, then to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Devils Tower and Mt Rushmore before we head back home.
    I'm SO ready!!!!:D
  20. thinkingofone

thinkingofone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just got back from a quick 5 day trip on my Vstrom from NYC to LA,2900 miles,had a blast.would recommend rt 70w out of denver to las vegas to anyone,just bring some longjohns or heated gear and be ready to hold on tight,some of the windiest conditions ive ever ridden in in 40yrs.oh and that 75mph speed limit really translates to 100mph at least so watch out for tailgaters.now just waiting for my bike to be shipped back,i flew,this old ass just couldnt handle 2900 more miles,lol