When is your next planned trip.... and to where?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BMW Kurt

BMW Kurt Philosopher

Oddometer:
    Asheville to Meteti, Panama. Leaving March 15.
  2. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner

Oddometer:
    how about YOUR next trip?
    thanking you, as always, in advance
  3. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going to be doing the Utah BDR the end of September.
    Starting in Clovis Ca. If time permits, going to ride some of the Pony Express route on the way home. Planning on 2200 miles round trip.:clap
  4. wingnut11

wingnut11 generally strange

Oddometer:
    How about my next 3 trips? I'm almost always planning something.

First one is just a short one in a couple weeks, and only for the weekend. My brother recently moved a few hours away from the cities to down near the South West corner of the state for his internship church. So I need to go down there and check things out, he says there are a lot of minimum maintenance roads down there. But the most important reason for going down there is carrying a worn out TKC front tire and some rope. I get to string up my nieces first tire swing!

The next one after that is planned for october. It will be six days, four of those will be two up. I'm going to go pick up a friend of mine and we are going to go somewhere. I'm not sure just yet and I'm not supposed to tell her where either, she wants that part to be a surprise. She has three kids and a bike thats carbs have been leaking almost all of this year. With three kids it doesn't leave a lot of money for bike parts or time to wander off. So this is kind of my little treat for her as she has had kind of a rough year.

After that is planned for next spring/summer. I've got some family stuff to do in Arizona, so me and another family member are going to take our bikes down there. It will probably be two weeks for him and hopefully three for me. Right now what it's looking like is we are going to slab out there, visit for a three or four days and then head North to Grand Canyon and the into Utah for a few days. It's roughly around this time he well have to head home going through Colorado and I will hopefully continue up towards Wyoming before heading back home.
  5. ironeagle

ironeagle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning a ~2 week ride from Long Island to Knoxville, Tennessee and back to visit a buddy who works down there. Probably sometime in the 2nd half of October assuming I can get the time off. The plan is to take the ferry to CT (thus avoiding the hell out of NYC...) and camp my way down. I'm hoping to see skyline drive, blue ridge and smoky mountains, maybe the Tail of the Dragon, and hopefully some nice trails if I can find them.
  6. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Los Angeles to TDF, then up to Rio. Leaving on Oct 1. Just another old guy heading south...
  7. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    3 months in Mexico leaving Dec 20th from Vancouver and will ride Baja then ferry over to the mainland from La Paz...........:D
  8. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Iceland but not until July 2015.😉
  9. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Los Angels to TDF, just another old COUPLE heading south! Leaving November 18th 2013.
  10. Section8

Section8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heading back to Central America Feb 2014.
  11. Altego

Altego Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am leaving next Wednesday for a three day trip through the Idaho central mountains and into Western Montana.

Day 1: North from Boise through McCall to Grangeville. Then West to Elk City and start the Macgruder corridor.

Day 2. Continue east along the Macgruder corridor (110 miles gnarley gravel between two major wilderness areas) and into Darby Montana. Turn southwest along Highway 93 through the towns of Challis, Salmon and Stanley.

Day 3 Casual ride back to Boise!

You have to love Idaho :clap
  12. schneller

schneller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    July/Aug, 2014. Retirement great circle tour of US on vintage cb750.

[​IMG]
  13. Ken Fritz

Ken Fritz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sacramento to Cedar City, UT and back - maybe 1400 miles two up.

Next good trip is summer '14: Paris-Denmark-UK-Isle of Man-Ireland plus all points in between. Also next summer: CA-KY-CA, maybe via Newfoundland.

Last good trip? 11 countries, 4300 miles in Europe, JUL-AUG'13.

All 2-up.:freaky