Where are your XT250's...let's see them.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MEDIC-0372, Nov 4, 2008.

1. joelee

joelee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yeah, I bet the snow hangs around a bit up there, I was surprised at how much water there still is up above 5000 feet, amazing how much dryer down below but up there water is still trickling in the road, amazing, the underground movement of water
  2. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett

Oddometer:
    That looks like some fantastic XT250 riding area!
  3. randypower

randypower Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    For a while, I've been wanting to reduce the sound from my 2013 XT's exhaust. Today, I finished this mini project.

I received a suggestion here a few months ago to wrap the exhaust can in silicone tape. And my son had some exhaust wrap left over. So I took off the can and header pipe, repainted all the black parts with high temp (1500 degree) paint, repainted the two heat shields with silver wheel (200 degree) paint, wrapped the can in silicone tape, wrapped the header pipe and sprayed it with high temp silicone spray.

I should have measured the sound levels before and after, but what really matters to me is my perception of noise emitted. In a quick test run, I noticed no difference. One day when it's not cooking temperature outside (south Texas), I'll take a more intense ride and open up the throttle more. Maybe it will be better.

So my primary purpose fizzled, but I learned a couple of things about my bike and it looks better.

IMG_20190907_154155.jpg IMG_20190907_154241.jpg IMG_20190907_154253.jpg IMG_20190907_154327.jpg IMG_20190907_154359.jpg

I took my first test ride easy and went through some grassy areas where some nature bits stuck to the smoking wrap. I'm pretty sure it will clean up alright.

IMG_20190907_160649.jpg
    AdventuresofJB2 and MikedNC like this.
  4. bikeneil

bikeneil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look what followed me home yesterday. I sold my 2008 XT250 with 36,000 miles, 35,000 that I put on it, nothing wrong with it but I figured if this one last 10 years also with no issues I will be set for a while. I’m just starting to put all my accessories from the old one over to this one. I guess this would make a good commercial for these bikes, don’t know of anything out there that I would like better than this. 0A5738B5-B9D9-4333-AEE6-8C1B79FC09A6.jpeg
    Elektrix, Milano.B, ONE2NINE and 5 others like this.
  5. ROCKETMANN

ROCKETMANN n00b

Oddometer:
    My 2013 Xt250, rattle can tan bed liner paint job. Full Cogent Dynamics suspension.
    Great bike!!

Attached Files:

ONE2NINE, MikedNC and randypower like this.
  6. Baja_Bound

Baja_Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bikeneil (or anyone else),

What seat cover is that? Looks like it fits perfectly on the stock XT seat.
  7. JB44

JB44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. bikeneil

bikeneil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, it was from Walmart, doesn’t look like it would do much but it makes a lot of difference, well worth $20.
  9. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    I like the saddle for a seat on the little honda in your avatar. I bet it's more comfy then the stock seat on the xt250. lol :-)
  10. Baja_Bound

Baja_Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Thank you!
  11. sangwidges

sangwidges n00b

Oddometer:
    I hear you nerds are into this kind of thing: 6 years ago I bought a new 2012 XT250 with 5 mystery miles on it, and fortunately for you all I immediately set off on a several-thousands-mile moto camping quest to photograph and/or drop the bike in picturesque places.

South Dakota:
    xt1.jpg

Wyoming:
    xt2.jpg

Beartooth Pass, MT:
    xt3.jpg

Lake Roosevelt, WA:
    xt4.jpg

if you ever have the chance to ride a motorcycle in this city, don't:
    xt5.jpg
  12. Willbad1

Willbad1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just posting some pics from a July ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    randypower and ONE2NINE like this.
  14. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    Willbadone, where was that ride.? It looks familiar.
  15. Mr&MrsEnduro

Mr&MrsEnduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey it’s been a while since the Mr and Mrs checked in. Here are two videos from recent events we did on our dual sports!

The first is the Michaux Dual Sport. It’s the oldest sanctioned dual sport ride in America. Last year was its 30th year but last for the club that had started it. Our club, Delaware Valley Trail Riders, volunteered to take over the event this year and years to come to keep it alive. It runs through the Michaux State Forest in Pennsylvania. It’s one of only two times a year you can ride a motorized 2 wheeled vehicle there. The other would be at an Enduro race held there.

Hot lunch and ice cream at the end of the 100 mile loop. Can’t beat it!

Next is another dual sport event called Seven Mountains. Held in the Seven Mountains region of Pennsylvania. Here you can legally ride most of the year but due to the BDR passing though the state didn’t give that club a lot to work with due to trail erosion. Still a fun ride though.

ONE2NINE likes this.
  16. ONE2NINE

ONE2NINE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The only picture I have from the last couple of weekends riding. The Dunlop D605 tires are performing great. They work very well for the type of riding I do. Which is mainly dirt, gravel, and seasonal roads on the weekends and commuting 30 miles round trip to work during the week.
    Blumtnman and zetabird like this.
  17. Willbad1

Willbad1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @CloudSplitter
    HaHa that's just a little local backroad loop here in Ontario.
  18. AdventuresofJB2

AdventuresofJB2 Dystopian Scavenger

Oddometer:
    Real life has gotten in the way a bit so my wife and I haven't been able to ride as much lately, but we finally replaced our XT250's that went to Argentina with some newer ones. We got them all farkled out and took them on a break-in ride this weekend.

[​IMG]

They are great little bikes, can't wait to use them more.
  19. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    Great to hear from you again. I see you found my little brother, there.:lol3
  20. AdventuresofJB2

AdventuresofJB2 Dystopian Scavenger

Oddometer:
    Haha yeah, he was ALMOST as tall as you :). Supposedly we found one of the filming locations from Harry and the Henderson's.