Where are your XT250's...let's see them.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MEDIC-0372, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Dependables

Dependables Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Dependables

Dependables Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What make of seat have you got on your bike , it looks really comfortable and suits the bike ?
  3. Willbad1

Willbad1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a Seat Concepts kit with an all carbon fiber skin.
  4. Mr&MrsEnduro

Mr&MrsEnduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_7418.JPG

All the safety gear in the world doesn’t guarantee your safety. She has a possible lateral meniscus tear or stress fracture. MRI tomorrow. XT will be missing the best of the riding weather it seems. Wish her well.
  5. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Bugger! Get well soon, Mrs. E.
    Mr&MrsEnduro likes this.
  6. rifraf410

rifraf410 Where's 6th gear?

Oddometer:
    Can I ask how tall you are? I’m 6’0 and love my XT250 but wish I had a little more leg room. Did you make any mods to adjust the bike to your height/weight?
  7. zetabird

zetabird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im 5 10 and adding bar risers made a big difference
    rifraf410 likes this.
  8. AdventuresofJB2

AdventuresofJB2 Dystopian Scavenger

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'10" as well and absolutely recommend bar risers. I have spent a lot of time on one of these bikes (over 27,000 miles in 10 months) and the most important thing was a seat concepts seat. I have a full mod list as well as prices and links to everything here: http://www.advjb2.com/p/current-bikes.html

Cloudsplitter is 6'6" or taller I believe, and I don't think he has done much either to compensate for his height.
    randypower likes this.
  9. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6' 8", down from 6: 10", due to shrinking in my old age.

I've raised my seat, maybe two inches, with a folded camp mat, Mad Dog cover, and a piece of sheepskin with the wool on.

I've also raised the handlebars with a 30 mm riser, but what raised them more is rotating them forward. After rotating them when installing the risers, I rotated them more, before my last adventure, and now plan to do it even farther. I like that it not only raises them, but moves them forward, and shortens the distance the cables must reach.

I've always ridden small bikes, so am comfortable on an XT250. Also I don't stand up as much as most younger guys, though am doing so more, all the time.
  10. Cyclepath

Cyclepath Lost wanderer

Oddometer:
    Dang mrs. E I am hoping for your speedy recovery. Don't let this stop you from riding heal up fast. I like watching the videos you guys produce
    Mr&MrsEnduro likes this.
  11. Baja_Bound

Baja_Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On a ride in South Texas today. A little warm but definitely worth it. 20190925_190557.jpg
    randypower likes this.
  12. EvanJ

EvanJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some pictures from AK and BC.

In seattle now, headed to the Baja by jan/feb via OR, CA, NV, AZ, UT.

Don't have much of a route but of course a big long list of places i wanna see. Always looking for places to ride/camp/work on the bike. Would be cool to hang with some other XT owners along the way.

Attached Files:

13. Aguaski

Aguaski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice pics. Do you have a blog or a ride report you are updating? Would be great to live vicariously through your adventure. I’m in the north Phoenix area. Look me up when you pass through AZ.
  14. AdventuresofJB2

Oddometer:
    If you need a place to crash near Seattle, we've got a spare room in Kirkland for you.
  15. EvanJ

EvanJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nah I don't have any sort of blog for my trip. I'd love to keep one but honestly it sounds like more work than I really care to partake in, especially the online aspect. Spent 8 weeks so far without a cell phone and after just getting service back, i can't wait for this month to expire so I can go back to no internet even when there is cell service.

I will definitely look you up in AZ thank you very much for the offer!
    flei likes this.
  16. EvanJ

EvanJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the offer, I have a place to stay in the city for now though and I'm hoping to leave town in a couple of days so I will have to pass this time. I try to come hangout here as often as I can, i love it here, so perhaps next time.

Your adventures on the xt250 were definitely inspirational for me having the confidence to take this bike all over, so I thank you for that. Not very many people taking 250's all over the place like you guys. Mostly just big bmw-whatevers with 50/50 tires riding 95% pavement and staying in hotels from what I've seen so far.
  17. helipilot650l

helipilot650l Sweet!!!!!!

Oddometer:
    Where is this picture taken? I love Harry and Henderson's! And Big Foot!
  18. rifraf410

Oddometer:
    Are you riding cross country on the highway? If so, what tires are you using? I cant get off the highway fast enough on my XT, it feels so squirrely!
  19. rifraf410

Oddometer:
    I'm also in Seattle and saw an XT down by the Sculpture Park the other morning walking my daughter to school, would love to do a ride with another local XT owner someday.
  20. AdventuresofJB2

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean. We met a ton of people on that trip on huge bikes, and they all regretted it. Once you leave the US especially there aren't that many roads that require a big engine and high speeds. The XT was the perfect bike, you just need to make sure about which countries have parts for it (Colombia and Chile do not at all).