Where are your XT250's...let's see them.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MEDIC-0372, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Hogges

Hogges Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stunning landscape! Reminds me of southern Utah. I rode the Burr Trail to Mexican Hat half a lifetime ago on a bicycle, before owning my first motorcycle. Lush green VT where I live is pretty but I always had a thing for arid climates and high plains.
    Part of my buying the XT250 was a faint hope that I would some day take it out West, White Rim Trail or one of the BDR’s etc.
    buckthedog likes this.
  2. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any suggestions for larger footpegs? I searched here and DMO Specialties comes up as being recommended but their website doesn't appear to be working. Of course a bunch of Ebay pegs come up in the search but further clicking on them reveals XT250 isn't listed.
  3. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    DMO's site seems to list them here: http://www.dmospecialties.com/
    JB44 likes this.
  4. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that's the link I've been trying. All I get is a blank white screen with /* */ in the top left corner..... maybe it's my slow internet, I'll try to find a phone number for them.
  5. JB44

JB44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks JB44 I just Emailed them.
  7. Baja_Bound

Baja_Bound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I should have taken a before and after, but here are my DMO Specialties for the XT250. It was an easy install and made a world of difference.

[​IMG]XT250 Pegs by Garon, on Flickr
    randypower likes this.
  8. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that's just what I want. The stockers are ok when sitting but just a little small when standing. I don't know why my computer won't open the webpage? Anyway William replied to my Email so I'll get them ordered here.
  9. MEDIC-0372

MEDIC-0372 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    View attachment 2740036 [/QUOTE]

A nice sheep skin works wonders.
    Logger06 and bikeneil like this.
  10. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been very pleased with the Pivot Pegz. Really like the lower height. It's only 7mm but between that, the pivoting action and 30mm bar risers along with slight upward rotation of the bars, my meager 5'8" frame can now ride while standing!

IMG_7934.jpg
    Beeners, Logger06 and Blumtnman like this.
  11. Blumtnman

Blumtnman Rider

Oddometer:
    I agree, Pivot Pegz for the win!
    Logger06 and NicKel78 like this.
  12. ESNystrom

ESNystrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone. Xt250 nOOb here. Picked up my 2021 5 weeks ago. 700 miles.so far, and absolutely love this motorcycle. It impresses me everytime I ride it. On and off road. This is my first dual sport, did a bunch of researching before pulling the trigger. I am very happy with my choice. I have had and riden snowmobiles, atv's, a couple of dirt bikes, and a street bike(20 years ago) my whole life. The Xt250 is perfect for the kind of riding I do in Massachusetts. Mostly backroads, and single track. I am a bigger guy, at 5'11" and 240lbs, and the suspension is good stock, I did increase the preload on the rear shock. The engine really impresses me. Great low end grunt, for tractoring around, and doesn't mind revving and making decent horsepower. In my opinion, they under estimate it at 19hp. I have put a Richocet,skid plate, enclosed hand guards, 30mm bar risers, and a bar brace on her. Changed the oil and filter at 500 miles, used Yamalube 10w-40, and oe filter. Checked the valve adjustment, within spec at .0025" int. And .0045" exhaust. Only had one little issue. This past Friday night on the way home from work, the left tun signal started working sporadically, then the headlight would flicker at a stop when I rotated the bars. Got home and turned the bars lock to lock, and lost all headlights, turn signals, and horn. The left switch bank was dead. Broke out the manual and looked at the wiring schematic for a tie in. Saw a connector that they all run through, now to find it. Kept digging, and it was under the tank. Almost completely disconnected, reconnected it, made a good click when the latch engaged, and could not pull it apart. Can only assume that it wasn't fully seated from the factory. Nothing is perfect. Been lucky this winter so far, only 1 good snow storm, then rain to wash the streets clean, cold, but I can dress warm and keep riding. Heading out in a short while, 22 degrees. Can't stay off her.

Attached Files:

Skooter, NicKel78, tlrmark and 3 others like this.
  13. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Welcome to ADVRider and congratulations! These bikes are indeed a lot of fun and, IMO, perfect for exploring the woods and dirt roads here in New England. If you ever want to meet to ride your XT out in Western MA where there is a huge amount of great riding, I'd be happy to show you around; feel free to send me a PM and we can arrange to meet up sometime (after it warms up, lol!).
  14. ESNystrom

ESNystrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Flei. Where abouts in Western Ma? I used to live in Warren, Ma and my in-laws are in Hardwick, Ma. I really wish I would have gotten into dual sports when I lived there for over 10 years. So many awesome places to ride.
  15. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Leverett, MA (next to Amherst), and a long ways from Rehoboth by XT250! Easy access to the Berkshires, the Quabbin area and So. VT and NH.
  16. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice to hear from another happy owner!

Did you remove the tank when you checked the valves? Could you have not completely reconnected the connector? Or were you able to check the valves by just lifting the tank a bit?

17. ESNystrom

ESNystrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did remove the tank. I don't believe that I disturbed the connection, but couldn't say with 100% certainty either. Just a minor issue in the scheme of things, all fixed now. Just got back from a ride.
    randypower likes this.
  18. ESNystrom

ESNystrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got home from another awesome ride. Sunny, cold, and windy. Another 60 miles added on, now 750, in 6 weeks. Starting to do a little spirited driving, now that she's approaching 1000 miles. It impresses me how peppy it is, and the handling is great, flickable. 20210124_130453.jpg 20210124_130414.jpg
    Skooter, randypower and NicKel78 like this.
  19. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Svenske? Välkommen!

I have heard of this before but do not remember if it was on an XT or on a KLR250.

Good catch on the connector.

A bit nippy for riding of late eh?
  20. ESNystrom

ESNystrom Adventurer

Oddometer: