Where are your XT250's...let's see them.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by MEDIC-0372, Nov 4, 2008.

1. gseur

gseur Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not a bad idea. I have made quite nothing on my bike till yet and could not be of a big help but...who knows?
  2. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_2150.jpg
    A wet and dreary day for most of the day in the Texas hill country. Took this out for its maiden voyage adventure with me. It was at 1185 miles when I bought it last week. Now it’s at about 1500 miles. A good time we had despite the weather.
    63614082526__6F1E526E-7E3E-4CCE-B291-A74AAA9E099D.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2157.jpg
    Skooter, MEDIC-0372, jon_l and 3 others like this.
  3. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love seeing pictures of these nice bikes out riding with a little dirt on them. Especially for me since there's still snow here (but heavy rain all day has melted most of it.) Thanks for posting!
  4. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you got a good ride in today. Wasn’t too bad, better than yesterday. Where did you ride?

I hit the Harper-Junction-Doss area today and other than being wet when I left Kerrville, it ended up dry and a good temperature.
  5. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was yesterday that I did that ride. I camped at Garner State Park. I took paved roads from there to meet up for breakfast and a ride in Bandera. I was the only one stupid enough to show up! So I left Bandera on that RM road that turns to dirt and goes through the state horse park thing. I stayed on dirt to Utopia. I took the paved road from Utopia back to Garner State Park for the weather to hopefully get a little better. After lunch, I rode up north from through Leakey and got on RM336. I took that north and turned on the RM road that turns into dirt. I rode Bullhead road across over to Vance. I then turned north on RM 335 to Hackberry Road. I took that north to to 41 and then back south on RM 336 to Leakey and then back to Garner.
    NicKel78 likes this.
  6. NicKel78

NicKel78 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    6B0735A6-55D9-4E1D-A574-7C1D4B0A88FC.jpeg
    Skooter, MEDIC-0372, JB44 and 6 others like this.
  7. beej

beej Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just went to Procycle website, No rear shock that I can see.
  8. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
  9. Kiko

Kiko Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CloudSplitter likes this.
  10. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My XT250 is at the Hidden Falls adventure park in Marble Falls, TX.

Today was the very first time my daughter has ever rode a motorcycle besides being a passenger.

My 2009 XT250 WAS mint. Not any more!

Pics whenever I can get Tapatalk to work correctly.
    ESNystrom likes this.
  11. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_2168.jpg
    Her first time to ever ride by herself

IMG_2177.jpg
    Of course, it ended with her first motorcycle wreck! Should have had bark busters, oh well.

IMG_2173.jpg
    Another dirt nap a little later and now we can get some better looking blinkers

IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
  12. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    The bike took it all in stride. All it said was “Ya. Aha!”.

IMG_2178.jpg
    The smile says it all.

IMG_2183.jpg
    After picking up the XT250 eight times, I was beat. Even my KLX300 put its hands up and said “I quit!”. At least he didn’t take any dirt naps today.

IMG_2184.jpg

Attached Files:

Skooter, jon_l, flei and 2 others like this.
  13. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    All RIGHT. Who ever heard of a clean goat?
    jwaller and NewEnglander like this.
  14. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    jwaller likes this.
  15. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett

Oddometer:
    Tip:
    Leave the controls a little loose on the bars so they slip on the bars in a fall, saves levers.
    I don't use bark busters and have never broken a lever (yet).
    jwaller likes this.
  16. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    Mdh, you should definitely do something about that air induction system recall, soon. My 2014 had one of the early failures, and it led to some melting of wiring insulation under the fuel tank. I never bothered getting the recall done, because I had already put solid a metal plate under the attachment of the Air Induction System pipe to the cylinder head. See a photo here:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/where-are-your-xt250s-lets-see-them.403156/page-290#post-32567800

Many riders just use a piece of aluminum beer can to replace the metal gasket under the flange where that pipe attaches. I used a heavier piece of copper.

Other riders go to more trouble to remove the whole Air Induction System, plugging the three holes left by the removal, but the pieces aren't heavy, and leaving them on keeps them available if a later owner wants to restore it.

Good luck with it.
    flei and Mdh01 like this.
  17. georgej

georgej Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to look at this bike this weekend. I'm probably going to buy it. One owner asking $4500,first service done. I've been doing a lot of reading and I've decided to go with an XT. What I'm wondering is how do you guys find the physical size of the bike? Is it too small for a bigger guy? I've never seen one in person and i guess I'll find out when I get there. Just though I'd ask, Saturday can't come soon enough.

XT250.jpg
    Skooter and Hogges like this.
  18. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I don't think you are gonna know if it is "too small" for you until you sit on it and ride it for a while. I think "too big" and "too small" might be too subjective. I'm a smaller guy at 5'7", 30" inseam (190lbs though :() and I think the XT is a small bike; after all it is only a 250 and compared to my BMW it is more cramped both seated and standing (even with bar risers). OTOH @CloudSplitter is a veritable giant (6'5"?) and he says the XT isn't small for him. Like I said- subjective.
  19. CloudSplitter

CloudSplitter Putterer

Oddometer:
    SIX FOOT FIVE? Geesh, I haven't shrunk THAT much yet. I'm still about 6' 7", but probably still shrinking from the 6' 10" I was for most of my life. I love my little XT, but have never owned anything bigger. Learned on my Dad's Honda Trail 55, then Trail 90, then owned a Honda CL200 (NOT a decent trail bike, but great for commuting). I owned my 2014 for a couple years before adding handlebar risers, but then I don't stand up as much as most younger sprats. I did rotate the handlebars forward earlier, which I believe made a bigger difference than the risers.

If you're coming from a 650, or something, you may think it's too small, but if you don't know any better, you may love it like I do.
    JB44, AdventuresofJB2 and flei like this.
  20. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett

Oddometer:
    I am 6 foot and 220 pounds and thought the XT250 was fine..