Where in ARK to visit for potential move

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Gillus, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I were to re-locate elsewhere in AR, I would try to find a little land in one of the valleys in the Ozarks. Perhaps Limestone, Walnut Forks, Richland Creek Valley, on the Little Buffalo or the Little Mulberry. But I want to get away from neighbors and such. But you can still drive to Harrison, Russellville, Clarksville or even not too far Springfield or Tulsa for the bigger towns.
  2. Thumpstart92

Thumpstart92 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in little rock and always have wanted to move up to russelville. Your not far from the Buffalo, good riding and hiking and in my opinion the prettiest area between the smokies and Rockies. Russelville has all the "necessities" you or the missus may need and your not to awfully far away from either little rock or ft smith..... just my 2 cents
  3. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks!!
    After reading all these and doing some research I think Russelville may be destination one and then maybe up in the Fayetteville area but that may be a bit congested with small towns that may be connected by a stop light. I lived in a college town before in a previous life, fun with interesting things to do but :puke1. We would like to visit the Branson area to say we've been there. I may be bringing a KLX250S on the back of the camper trailer and plenty of riding all within easy distance of most anywhere. I got a butler map and :eek1, looks like fun.
    Thanks again for the comments and keep 'em coming.
  4. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    If you find yourself attracted to the Branson scene, be sure go west and check out Roaring River for trout fishing, camping and great twisty pavement. Cassville and Washburn are nice small towns with easy access to NWA, Joplin and Springfield. SW Missouri is a well kept secret. Affordable housing, decent schools, low taxes, beautiful scenery and easy access to shopping/healthcare. I know a lot of folks who really enjoy Branson, particularly once the kids are back in school.

Thx...np
  5. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    It is much better to visit Branson than it is to live in Branson :deal
  6. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    If you don't like congestion, you're gonna HATE Branson. :lol3
  7. FJ Fun

FJ Fun Grouchy Old Squid

Oddometer:
    Clinton, Ar......The edge of Twisty Heaven
    Quoted for truth. It sucks in the summer and during the Christmas holiday season. I think if I was looking to retire with motorcycle roads and trails in mind, i would probably look at Harrison,AR. It's a fair sized town, not a long drive to Springfield or Fayetteville and if you like camping or canoeing, your choices are plentiful. Just another 2 cent opinion...
    Joe
  8. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fayetteville, AR, USA, North America, Earth
    If I were to retire somewhere today I think I would head to Mountain View. Rivers, hiking, on and off road riding, trout fishing, cheap real estate, far enough away yet close enough when you need to be. Just a great place, I've always liked it over there.
  9. on2wheels52

on2wheels52 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've heard it's against the law to have fun in Harrison.
    Jim
  10. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    just like having a drivers license, it's only fun until you get caught :evil
  11. Spektrum84

Spektrum84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North central around Bull Shoals lake can also be a very nice place if you don't mind being a bit further from large cities. Branson is about an hour away from where our family ranch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  12. cleandirt

cleandirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It will most likely be hot-n-humid in July and August, as well as some of June and September, you might get lucky and show up during a cool spell.
  13. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wife is backing off coming in August so October it might be. If she can't come then I may ride out and ride all over with these suggestions in mind.
  14. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its not going to be likely to be hot n humid in AR in July, it WILL be H n H in AR in JUly and Aug. A cool spell would be 95 deg instead of 105. Only one thing to do in AR during July & Aug and that is to stay inside under the AC, unless you're able to go to the lake. Only 2 months of the year I don't ride in are July and Aug, and it can be pretty warm the first half of Sep also.
  15. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    today in Omaha Ar. which is fifteen miles south of Branson Mo, it is mostly sunny and 86 with 49 percent humidity.

in other words, a very nice day!
  16. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    I passed through Granbury a couple times and thought that I could live there. Very nice area! If I was in New Mex during the summer I would head north. No heat, no humidity and no bugs. Yuk, I hate bugs!:lol3
  17. cleandirt

cleandirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I concede to your point, for some reason I felt the need to put a good spin on things. Wishful thinking I guess.