Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hey Fite. 1516 Columbine off Debarr between Airport Heights and Bragaw.

I experienced one neighbor getting a bit upset with the traffic jam it causes with all the picture taking goin on. It's gotten world wide acclaim both last year and again this year.

Goofy Alaskans! :lol3 Mark H.
  2. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Thanks
  3. bg

bg Monster

Oddometer:
    Katoomer,

What's new on the other side of the world? How is your 2007 so far?? :ear
  4. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey BG what's up? I'm doing fine but looking forward to a little break. I't been four months straight and I'm growing a bit weary. All I can think about is riding.....that is how I made it through last year and that is again how I'm making it through this year.

It also helps to see you all chatting and carrying on at home and abroad. I enjoy reading about the trips planned and taken and the general good natured banter in the GWN. It's a way to stay in touch which is very important.

Fighter is working on shipping the Super Endo from CA to AK as we speak. Classic Motion and HOH and Big Bad Bob in particular have been excellent. They've guaranteed a warm, dry and secure place to store my new steed until I can retrieve it in June. ACE even offered to store it if need be. So....I guess all things are on track. I just wish the time would pass quicker. There is a change of Command coming and that always means change. Change is a constant here so being flexible is essential.

I hope you've considered all the good advice that the GWN has offered on your trip north.....these guys and gals ARE THE SOURCE. Be sure to PM a few of us for POC information to take along on your route. At that time, I'll be only a phone call away.

Thanks for the note, Larry
  5. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to send a hearty Thank you! for all the nice gifts, snacks and books! I'm overwhelmed. I really appreciate the notes and can't wait to check out he CDs!

Too many folks to thank individually....... I'm so very grateful for all the great folks in Alaska! You're the best!

Dreaming of D2D...

Katoomer
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Just in case my riding buddies didn't see my post, I'll say it again....THANK YOU ALL! Spoke with Fite this morning and he was wondering if I got the packages....I counted four including TMC package! You guys are great and I am most grateful.

I'm off to Thailand for a few days of R&R.....snowing lightly now....crossing my fingers. Need a short break....growing weary of the pace. Sure do enjoy reading your guys posts....keeps me going.

Kul Mom's toffie was the best! :clap That stuff was unbelievable....and "you can't buy that" here! :lol3

Can thank you guys enough for all the cool stuff....I'm taking the T's and reading material to Bangkok.....all except the rags TR sent.....couldn't open them....too many "glued-together-pages" :lol3 :rofl
    Looks like 94F today in the south of Asia. I'll post pictures on my return.

Take care,
    Katoomer
  7. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Don't take the name of that place too seriously....:lol3

Might hurt more than you planned....:rofl

Have a smooooooooth R and R my friend........:evil
  8. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gusgus....doing well. Arrived this morning at 0430. Hung out at my friends house this morning and went to Pattaya. Very warm here and the scenery is OUTSTANDING...can't say more now. Posting at an internet cafe owned by the daughter of my Corps buddy.

Boys night out...looking forward to some R and R. Very beautiful place. I'm okay and enjoying some time off.

Feels like being out of prison......something similar. ok.....many bikes, all small displacement four bangers. Tens of thousands of them!

Promise to take pictures!...and will post SOME of them.

Later,
    Katoomer
  9. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    How much $$$$ will it cost us to have you PM us the OTHER photos?:lol3 :lol3
  10. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    :lol3 RAINJACKET THAT'S MY ADVICE:lol3
  11. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Glad you're having a good time.

Take care.

Have fun.

Mark H.
  12. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    This place never sleeps! I think my clock is off about 12 hours.:rofl I'm having fun...met some really neat people over here. Some are as crazy as the Gruvers....all good natured. Mostly european, several brits and a couple of Irishmen.

The daughter of the guy I work with in Afghanistan owns a travel business and an internet cafe. I'm just having a lazy cup of coffee and getting my day going. The ocean is beautiful and it is very warm. I'm thinking of renting a motorcycle to get a round the town a bit. Problem is......they all drive on the left hand side of the road. So I guess I'll just have to follow the traffic until I get used to it.

Well my dear Gruver friends.....I'm off to the beach and for a drink with a little umbrella in it.

Take care,
    Katoomer
  13. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

PICTURES!!!
  14. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    You guys won't friggin believe this place! I'm on sensory overload....this place is an adult playground of mamoth proportions. I rented an African Twin to beach hop......I even found some dirt roads to play on.

Fite, can't post pictures while I'm here.....the internet connection is only 256MB/sec....very slow but adequate for sending posts. Don't worry.....I'm taking lots of pictures.

The food here is outstanding! Thai food has always been my favorite and I've been piggin out on the stuff. Sure beats the chow hall food back in ass-crack-istan!:rofl :rofl

I've stayed away from the bugs....grasshoppers, meal worms and beetles. They say their tasty but I couldn't bring myself to eat them....no way! They say you just crack them open and suck out the guts.....tastes like vanilla pudding. Well....with that description I'd rather eat dirt.

In case you're wondering, there are more beautiful women here than I've ever seen in my life....and yes....they all want me! :rofl :rofl Well, maybe they want my money more...:lol3

I've got a week to go here so better get back at it.....won't get another break until June and the D2D. I'll try and keep in touch with more posts from here.

Katoomer
  15. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    I just want your KTM... :D :ricky

Sounds like you're having a great R&R! (keep your head up. :lol3)
  16. bg

bg Monster

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great place for some R&R. Enjoy!
  17. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Not that it's a bad thing, but Heli,,,,,,,, your not a beautiful woman.

Rock on Katoomer, or should I say bang on?
  18. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    I'm okay with that.
  19. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoy the time off Larry. It's a long way to go to find good thai food. Get back to Anchortown and check out the thai food here-I'm buyin"
  20. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Sounds great Katoomer. I'm sure I'll see your photos upon your return to the Great White North in June.
    Until then...be safe, have fun, and don't forget to wrap that rascal. Fite