Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hey, would someone please be able to post up a map to said KlubHaus? Or pm if it's a semi secret gathering. :evil

Hey, us n00bs aren't gonna have to be drinking any of that oft mentioned "kool aid," are we? :huh :lol3

Lookin like I may be able to get outta work. Mark H.
  2. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Welcome Home!

See you there Friday......:clap
  3. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    This is gonna rock! A little blast from the past.

[​IMG]
  4. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    HEY FITE I PM'D YA.:evil
  5. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    :shog
    My bad, I will have a hug for you too!
    :norton

6. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Back at ya
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Wow, looks like it's gonna be another epic hoedown at the Klubhaus!:clap I'm overwhelmed and very grateful to you guys and gals for the welcome home. It was the hardest thing I've done in my career and I'm just trying to slowly soak up the feeling of being back home.

I hope to see everyone Friday evening. Spread the word for those not on the boards.....it will be great to see everyone!

I've been working everyday to get re-organized and get the house back into shape, vehicles re-positioned, batteries charged, bags unpacked and laundry done. I've just recently re-activated my cable modem and solved some email problems. Seems MTA disconnected my phone so I had GCI pick up the local phone service. My new number is 726-5907. Not sure if it's even activated yet. Trying to get reconnected to the world!

Troy, Tractor, Dennis et.al, looking forward to it. Harry, your PMs and messages of support have been an inspiration. Wish you could be here.....Fite and I have an appointment in Hollywood with you and Brad Pitt. We'll have to show him how true riders of the GWN do it!

Mike Strang dropped by yesterday as stated. I was out in the driveway and I heard the un-nerving sound of a car skidding on ice out front. I looked up to watch what I though was going to be a car skidding to a stop in the trees out front......only to see Mikey pull a skillfully executed 180 right in front of my driveway. Wow! For those of you who need directions.....here it is from Anchorage.....Glenn Hwy to the S. Birchwood exit, left at the stop sign at end of ramp, proceed under the Glenn Hwy and make first left in front of Chugiak HS (on right), make an immediate left on Carlisle, proceed 1/4 mi down Carlisle where it makes a 90 degree right and turns into Pioneer Drive. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!!! TURN IS ALL ICED UP! My house is immediately on your left. Every year I have to pull folks out of the ditch in front of my house so be fore-warned and take her slow.

Troy, thanks for the picture! Should be another epic!

Gratefully,
    Katoomer
  8. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    Lookin' Good Katoomer:nod :wave :beer :brow
  9. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    Hey Larry...

When did you get that shirt of Ace's...:huh ??? It has your name on the right side and US ACE civillian on the left. On second thought that can't be Ace's shirt, we all know he's not CIVIL !!!:rofl
  10. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    I noticed that too.

I was wondering, how does one go about achieving the status of being an "Ace" civilian? :wink:

Far North Civilian, Mark H.
  11. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

EXACTLY
    signed ACEWannabee
  12. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Welcome Home Larmo!

You look almost lifelike, good pic!

For those who have trouble reading directions.

Didn't read that did ya?

[​IMG]
  13. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking you keep the fatigues and add an Indiana Jones hat then guide some tourists on quests. Motorcycle trips with some geological exploration and plant id with survival tips. You know, McCandless type quests where you get to leave them in the woods for a while ... Anything to keep you from doing that Afghani thing again! Welcome back. I'd like to be there tomorrow to hear that big sigh of relief when it finally all sinks in.

So, you're starting to put together a plan, eh? Cool. We can do that. Let me know what you're thinking when the plans start to gel. In the mean time ... Have a blast! Best to all.
  14. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Harry, a plan is brewing.....would love to see you. Need some more bench planning/racing to solidify....Thanks again for your part....Fighter tells me it's a suprise.

Gratefully yours,
    K
  15. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    So not a good idea to try to ride my bike there without studs?
  16. beamertwin

beamertwin Paul

Oddometer:
    Welcome home Katoomer! Glad to know your sojourn was safe and your toy box full.
  17. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Paul....glad to be safely back home. You and cruising ram should drop by around six for the libations! Studs are not optional for two wheels. If you have three or more you should be fine.

Katoomer
  18. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    HEY LARMO, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A 11mm CRAFTSMAN DEEPWELL SOCKET...MINE COULD HAVE ESCAPED NORTH!:eek1 YA'LL HAVE A GOOD TIME TONIGHT, I'LL BE THINKING OF YA!:lol3
  19. CruisingRam

Oddometer:
    I get to leave work today at 6pm, will be there a little late, as I have to also drop of the kiddies at my sis's up the street from you- unless this is a kid friendly event? I kinda doubt it, with the libations and all :D
  20. CruisingRam

Oddometer:

Well, sure was a fun time for me- I didn't take any pics though- hope folks post lots of them- cool folks there- I tried to stay close to Gusgus to hear his tales of derring- do, he didn't disappoint!