Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hi Toddy, I thought this thread was going to die a distinguished death.:lol3 Nice of you to ask. Just hunkerin down for the winter here in the GWN while you're enjoying the "dog days of summer". :jkam :ddog

I'd love to visit next year but this work thing is getting in the way of my adventure planning. Someday for sure. It still amazes me the bikes you have in your stable!:ricky You're collection is outstanding. I think however that if I were in the market for a "Duck", it would probably have to be the Hypermotard or an S4RS......love the sound. I've always admired Mark H's taste in the desmo-line here.

I hope you and Friar get to hook up next year. I envy him and others who've traveled to the great "down-under". Would love to see you back here for D2D as well. Take care my friend and thanks for resurecting Katoomers travels. This past year has been quite an "adjustment.":wave

Larry

[​IMG]
  2. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    Lar, I think that Beemer is the prettiest they ever made, only the boxer replica comes close. The wife and I love your home decorating ideas you have done with your beemer as well LOL
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks CR. She's a keeper. I pay no attention to the latest "benzene" vapor scare. I'm doing my part to keep the garage emissions low.:lol3 :lol3
  4. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Good to hear Larro I got a cruizey job at the mo, 5 miles from home , and time off when I want a long weekend , next weekend we have the Burt Munroe ( worlds fastest Indian ) rally, beach races , track, speedway and road races all on one weekend . Following weekend we are having our first local toy run and bikes in Xmas prade, lookin forward to the frier getting here, his scooter is all ready to rumble, it will be a cheap holiday as our Peso is worth nothing at the mo , I might go up to Asia for the winter and hibernate at a nice beach , got any recomendations , quite ,cheap and nice babes , Thighland or Philippines watz the best or just do both. Keep in touch Toddy
  5. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Hi Squier
    Iam still get ready on this end (honey-do's I haven't done for years:eek1 ). Iam looking at the last week in Jan to the frist 2 weeks in Feb so thats 3 weeks or so hows that work? Let me know if Iam just missing something go so I can ajust my time or leave it at that. I want'ed 4 weeks but the way things ( money wise) as been going this will have to do.
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Toddy, you and the Friar are going to have a great time. Just what the Doctor ordered to cure the winter blues and lack of moto-adrenaline. :vardy

If you are thinking of an Asian vacation, I suggest Pattaya beach in Thailand. It's about 1.5hrs south of Bangkok. You can take a shuttle for about 150 bot ($35 USD). There are many nice hotels or you can even rent a condo-type apartment on a weekly basis. PM me if you need contact info to my private Travel Agent in Pattaya. You'll find lot's of NZ, Australians, and Europeans in Pattaya as well as a host of "local talent".:evil :kat

Mid-winter is the nicest time to visit. It's cooler and fewer touristas. The food is outstanding and the it's a real value (read cheap)!:evil :photog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!,
    Larmo
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Almost forgot, you better pack some of this:

[​IMG]

If you forget, you can pick some up locally. If you are interested in something a little different, I suggest Turkey. Amazing country! Great food and amazing sites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy travels Squire!

Larmo
  8. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    I like the tickit collecter next to the trolly :lol3 :chace
  9. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Yep...."all aboard"!
  10. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    A guy that used to post on LAbusas.org has a resort there. I haven't looked in there in years. Tough place, a criminal record seems to get you props. Labusas ain't a place to go if you kids or SO :uhoh are looking over your shoulder, they post some pretty hard core "pron".

Well, he is still there. I guess it would be 'biker friendly'. :evil

<!--StartFragment --> http://www.labusas.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1799477&postcount=17 <form action="showpost.php"> <table class="tborder" style="border-bottom-width: 0px;" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="tcat"> Thread: Asian Women Don't Appeal to Me Much...
    View Single Post </td></tr></tbody></table><!-- post #1799477 --> <table class="tborder" id="post1799477" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="alt2">
    </td><!-- Start Fever Edit before --><!-- End Fever Edit Before --> <td class="thead" id="currentPost"> #17 [​IMG]
    <!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] Yesterday, 02:24 AM <!-- / status icon and date --><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: Asian Women Don't Appeal to Me Much... <!-- / icon and title -->
    </td></tr> <tr><!-- Start Fever Edit after--> <td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;" valign="top" width="150"><!-- user info --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="150"> <tbody> <tr> <td> gobrian77 <!-- Start skip by Fever --><!-- End skip by Fever --> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1799477", true); </script>
    Posting From Paradise
    </td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Join Date: Jan 2002

</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- / user info --></td><!-- End Fever Edit after --> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_1799477"><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message --> Yep- that's my island- can't say I've seen her around, though.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________
    Seascape Beach Resort and Living Senses Spa on Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

http://banners.wunderground.com/bann...ions/48550.gif
    <!-- / sig -->
    <!-- controls -->[​IMG] <!-- / controls -->​
    <!-- message, attachments, sig --></td></tr></tbody></table><!-- post 1799477 popup menu -->
    <!-- / post 1799477 popup menu --><!-- / post #1799477 --> <table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="tfoot" align="center">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></form> <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization vBulletin_init(); //--> </script>
  11. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tesekkurederim for the pictures of Turkey.

Allahaismarladik

Dennis
  12. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Dennis! So......err......does that mean you like the pics or are you wishing me Happy Thanksgiving? :lol3 :lol3
  13. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Toomer:

I still remember a little of my Turkish. Lived in Yolava for two years.

Thank you
    Goodbye I'm leaving
  14. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Hi Frier On the 6th and 7th of feb is a great Rally and on 27th and 28th im organizing a Adventure bike :dutch :strum :freaky :1drink 15 mins from here U got to be here for those dates Cob , wont cost u much as u get nearly 2 NZ pesos for a USD , fly usa to Christurch - Queenstown and I will pick u up there. My boss will take u fishing most evenings , keep in touch Toddy