Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ya Katoomer I know the feeling. They gave me an M-16 but I had to keep the ammo in my pocket like Barney Fife.

Make sure you buy beer for the guys watching out for you......But don't let them drink on the job.

Hurry home.
  2. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    Where are you?:ear
    I haven't seen any posts....
    We miss you!:D
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hi MM, just waiting for someone to talk to.....:cry :lol3 I've been very busy here....it's an unbelievable pace. Just hope I don't hit the wall or curl up in a fetal position. I'm hangin in okay, it's like groundhog day around here but accelerated by 1000.

I've found time in the late evenings to read and catch up on some emails. I know I don't post much. Uploading the files is kind of a chore with our bandwidth here.......I'm planning a trip to Thailand in January for a couple of weeks......:evil :evil Maybe I'll meet someone interesting.:evil :evil

Here are a few photos that help describe what my days are like.

My day consists of carefully and deliberately putting one foot in front of the other:

[​IMG]

Sometimes I feel like I'm just a shadow of my former self :cry :cry .......changed but in a good way....better than ever!:rofl

[​IMG]

I go to strange and dangerous places and meet many strange and interesting people:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And see some really funky equipment:

[​IMG]

Sometimes I'm just waiting on a ride:

[​IMG]

Other times, it's a white knuckle ride all the way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes I feel like cargo, excess baggage with legs....running across the tarmac to catch another Canadian, Dutch or US Milair flight to somewhere!

[​IMG]

All in all I'm having a great time and hope you and the gang are doing well. I see it's cold in Anchortown....cold here too and rainy. Wish I were back there hanging with you guys. Crossing my fingers until D2D.

Take care,
    Katoomer
  4. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Great pics, Larry.

Hey, I was in the HOH today and sat on your ol bike! Very Nice! It even fit comfortably.

Maybe someday. I've always liked the blacked out look too.

Did you see akphotog's thread in 'Rides and Pics' titled 'My nipples got hard, Eklutna Assult'? Great photos from our ride Sunday.

Take care, Mark H.
  5. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, I loved that Night Train but I like my Street Glide even better. Who knows....I may have some new trick items to show you guys next summer.:evil :evil

I loved the Eklutna Assult pics! I saved them to my hard drive and actually pasted a few of them on my "Donut". That's my timeline showing how long I've spent here and how long I have left to go. Right now I'm at 15% complete....still 85% left to go. I think after I make the first six months, the last six should go quickly. Especially if my tour is punctuated by a couple of trips outside. Most notably Dawson City. I'll be home for a month in June and am looking forward to hooking up with all of you.

Gotta go for now......can't fight the GWOT posting to ADVRider.:lol3
    Oh yeah.....I saw this sticky posted on the door of the DFAC (Dining Facility) in Kandahar.

[​IMG]
  6. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    'Toom...

Great pix dood...and, I really appreciate the effort you make to correspond....one fucking day at a time, right?
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Roger that Photog!:wink: You guys are studs with studs....Eklutna pics were awesome. Wheeldog cheated a bit but a cool rig nonetheless.

Here are a couple of other pics I took from down south.

Hung out with a few SF and other US guys for a couple of days.
    [​IMG]

This wall is out in the middle of a fortified camp. It has the names of our guys that didn't make it. The first soul lost was in 01, the last posted was Oct 06. Pretty moving stuff being this close to the action:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Katoomer I didn't know you were working for the railroad. So they are sending you to Thailand to work on the railroad. Well have fun laying ties-or is that Thais?
  9. Vagabond

Vagabond Mr. Sparkle

Oddometer:
    Great pics Katoomer. Looking forward to seeing you in June, in Dawson no less:clap . Keep yer head down buddy, the Vagabond household is praying for your safe return.:pope
  10. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    The gus's look forward to our time seeing you in Dawson, my friend.

run silent and run deep, a navy term,,,,, but appropriate me thinks.
  11. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gus, I actually work with several See Bees over here. Kind of like the Army's Combat Engineers. They're really cool. See you in Dawson.:evil
  12. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:
    My thoughts and prayers are with ya buddy. Stay safe. Don't bother bringing money to Dawson, we will take care of you. It's the least we can do.
  13. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    You just inspired me....Katoomer can introduce a new biker game....drive by beat the shit out of Osama pinata. Have a big paper mache dual headed Osama and Saddam hanging over the street and you drive by and beat the shit out of it. The first one to break it open wins.
  14. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    You you kidding he will be LOADED in more ways then one:lol3
  15. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear from you!
    Can't wait to see ya in Dawson!:clap
    MM
  16. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hope you don't mind....:augie

Well, your OLD bike that is! :D

Afterall, it's not your's anymore....:wink:

And it's NOT mine either!! :cry

Did I have ya goin?!?!? :lol3

I had it all planned out. I'd go in today, take a pic of me on that lovely beast, then post up lookin for someone to help me finance it! :D But...

Someone name FIFIELD (!) already bought it!! Oh well.

Hey did you see my latest ride report on my T-day ride to Portage? Brrrr..

Anyways, I had Julie snap a photo. Did you really ride around with that red ribbon on there? :lol3 See ya, Mark H.

[​IMG]
  17. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, you had me going a little bit cuz you said you sat on it once before. I couldn't help but think that maybe you were going to make the jump into forbidden moto-territory. She sure looks good all wrapped up in Christmas red!....looks like she fits you pretty good too!

I'm happy with my Street Glide....I think it will make a better long-term cruiser/tourer. Strictly street stuff....a lower 48 wanderer or perfect for a pleasure run to Squarebanks.

I hear it's cold in Anchorage, with little snow. I though for sure you all would be riding sleds by now. I know Fighter and Jim came and got theirs from my house.

Anyway, it's supposed to be 10 degrees F here for the next 4 days with snow in the forecast. Should be interesting getting to and from work! AARRRGGHH!!!

Take care and tell BBB to send me the work order for the Street Glide! Santa said I could add a few bits and power pieces.:wink:
  18. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Tis the season! Waited for there Thankgiving weekend sale to drop a 95' Screamin Eagle Big Bore in mine. Power Commander and Dynoed its going to be at just over 90 horses and 90 lbs tourqe. Getting most of what still not shinny brought to the dark side (Youll get it when you see it) Cant wait till the "Black and Blue" are side by side. Its gonna be a sweet site!
    Im getting forced to Squarebanks for the next 6 weeks so even I wont have any pics for some time :(: . As always good to hear from ya, Gail sends her best wishes and of course if there anythng ya need. just holla.
  19. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Hey Troy, 6 weeks in Squarebanks isn't so bad except it's likely VERY cold. The 95-inch mota is the way to go.....for an 06:lol3 ......guess what?....How about 103 baby?!! Yep, that's what the 07 96in motas aspire to be when they grow up!:rofl :clap I should have this work complete by the time I return. BBB is taking the Cobalt Glide under his wing as if it were his own. Pipes, Power C., dyno, cruise and a variety of other "touring" bits (seat, low profile tourpak etc.).

All I can think of is riding.....helps me get through the long days. Oh yeah, and notes from the GWN.:D

Keep me posted on the bagger and when you wish to step up to a GS!:lol3
  20. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Not bad cosidering your duty brother! I thought yours was an 06! 103 huh, damn one upped again, or I guess its 8 upped. Have the SE slash up pipes and hi flow filter there already. Power Commander also for the dyno here, they seemed to like those better then the SERT. Blacked out front end and countless other skulls! Look forward to being in your rear veiw. Keep your head down.