Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Hay, Larry don't feel bad about not riding very few of us are even going out the house in this weather. I went to the cabin this past friday it was 12 below got up on sat. it was 17 below. I can home. To cold:vardy Dawson 207 days:clap

TR:huh
  2. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ever think of getting a stove/furnace in your cabin?:huh:rofl
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Well, now I don't feel too bad. Sounds like I'm not missing out on too much except for you studded types! Outstanding winter pictures! I've got them saved and I show my colleagues here what the hard core Alaskan riders do for kicks in the winter.

TR, Wheeldog is right, you really ought to think about a stove.......err....at least some handwarmers eh? :rofl :rofl

I loved the DS ride disk that USBYGS put together. Wheeldog, AKPhotog, Fighter, and a bunch of others took the backroad to Talkeetna. Man! That was an outstanding vid! I also like the way AKDuc has his KLR set up and the new black and silver looks great. I've been close to buying one for the last several years.....just haven't made the move. I've seen a few in Fairbanks during my travels. Almost bit this summer on a pair that took a round trip to Prudohoe and back. I think they only had 2000 miles on them.

Have you guys checked out the new KTM 950 Super Enduro specs? This thing looks awesome too. The first time I saw it was when Legion posted a picture of it earlier this year. Anyway, better get back at it. 5:00PM and I have 3 more hours at least to finish my day.

You guys take care and keep posting!

Katoomer
  4. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    :wave :wave :wave :wave

:type good to hear from you!

:webers
  5. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    hey Katoomer
    I droped by the club house this morning and saw Woody he said hi dad.
    [​IMG]
  6. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the picture Friar. I miss my little pal:cry but I'm sure glad he's guarding the home front. He's really got it made.....all those bikes to choose from and Dad's not around to object.:evil

Looks like the snow is lighter than expected. I would think everyone is loading up sleds....except for the hard core studly types on two wheels.:eek1
  7. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Snow? 'bout this much--

[​IMG]

That might start to change tonite.
    :wave

[​IMG]
  8. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    What a cute pic of Woody!

:clap Got snow....I think I may need to visit your garage since Hacky messed up my sled last year.
  9. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Been snowing here all day and night.:eek1 .....and I don't even have a sled to ride!:cry

Hey MM, take it easy on the equipment darlin.....it's got to last till next season! I've got several folks who would like to keep them properly oiled, and run in.! AARRRGGHH!! Sure wish I could take em out for a spin.:huh
  10. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Hows tricks Cob. I c that your back in your favorite part of the world, is it the beer, woman or the good bike riding that gets you back there. I had another good North American ride this year. 3 months and 19,000 miles . Ended up over at Nova Scotia ,New Foundland and Labrador. I bought the old DR back home with me, to sell it would have been like parting with one of the family. I went to the BMW MOA rally in Vermont. Got talking to the Globe Busters and Emmit Reidy is working for them now. Not sure where I will go riding next year, Australia is tempting and plan to go back to D2D in 2008. The big piggy bank is getting a bit low on funds now so have to start saving a bit harder. If you can get a couple of weeks leave come on down to NZ and i will show you around this part of the world . Cheers Toddy :bert
  11. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hi Larry. Cute pic of your little buddy. Looks to me like he's missing you too!

Hey hondav2, do you know our buddy Dicon aka "English?" He's down in your neck of the woods touring around on his GS right now.

Barb knows his itinerary a little better. I'll ask her how much longer he's supposed to be there.

See ya, Mark H.
  12. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Well, it sure aint the women......and the beer is only near. :puke1

I'd love to come for a visit...perhaps next winter when the sun is shining down under.
  13. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    I was talking to Dicon on the phone yesterday, He is in Christchurch and is heading over to the West Coast with a chick then going to Dunedin to pick up the bike in about a week. Cheers Toddy
  14. AKDuc

Oddometer:
    Awsome! :evil
  15. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    What do expect with a name like Katoomer?:evil

When Legion first sent the link for the stock SE earlier this year I druled :tb ......when Fite sent me the link to the Aspen Racings "interpretation" of what a 950 "should be"......well.....I think I had a moto-orgasim. :lol3

Ace said "it's me"! I replied to Mr. Dauber...."It's not only me"......it's now "mine" :deal :clap :clap

Maybe I can give Hacky a run for his wheelie money next year in Dawson on this baby!

[​IMG]
  16. AKDuc

Oddometer:
    Man that's a beatiful bike! Very nice!

I wonder how my KLR will wheelie?!?!? :evil

Come summertime when I have some dirt to ride in I'll have to start practicin! :D

Tell ya what tho, with the fresh snow last week I was able to do some lock to lock power slidin! Yeah baby! FUN!! Kinda gotta have a pretty slippery surface for the KLR "power" slides tho. :lol3
  17. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    All I can say is.....WOW!

+3 :thumb :thumb :thumb
  18. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I took a look through the stack of jpg files that were attached to the ad for this bike.

Stunning.

No question about it; the bike's one of the coolest I've seen, ever.

Congrat's Katoomer. It's a beauty. Looks like a bike that'll require a little throttle discipline too, eh? :lol3 :thumb

Stay safe, bud. Looking forward to chasing your dust cloud this year.
  19. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Here's a new toy I've got heading up from SoCal. Looking forward to giving it a spank around south central. Not sure how much fun it'll be on a longer trip but if it'll make 'er I might try Dawson on it.

275#. :evil

[​IMG]
  20. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:

Wow, that is a thing of beauty! (coming from a guy that wears bleu/weiss underwear)

Is it street legal?

Don't pimp it out:lol3 :lol3