Where in the world is Katoomer?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tom S, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    No worries - now that electricity has come to Slana, nobody leaves their TV sets after dark. :lol3
  2. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    electricity ????:huh in Slana?:huh who turns out the light at night ? :lol3 Who pays the bill ?:lol3 :deal :freaky :lol3 and before dark all 2 hours of it.:lol3 :lol3
  3. Alcan Rider

Alcan Rider Frozen Fossil Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your ol' buddies at AP&T are distributing the electrons in Slana (with the help of a federal grant), so take a good look at all the lights... okay, both of them... as you drive up the highway - that's your tax dollars at work. :huh
  4. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Yep I still know linemen that work there.
  5. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    :eek1 :eek1 I hope Bxergirrle has packed her gas mask.:eek1 :eek1 :lol3
  6. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:

:krusty
  7. bg

bg Monster

Oddometer:
    COPY THAT!!! :eek1 :huh
  8. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    Are those lights, or the radioactive afterglow from HAARP? :norton
  9. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Seems this thread was "highjacked" by the SS......that would be a bunch of anti-government sourdough sympathsizers. :rofl :rofl

Hey! Has anyone seen the author of this thread?:huh Haven't seen any new posts in a while from Tommy Boy.

Hey Hillsiders, may want to check in on our fellow Gruver and Buell officianado.:lol3
  10. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    A few of your friends wanted to wish you Merry Christmas!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZL5YF0YphGQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZL5YF0YphGQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  11. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that bike coming to the Harley shop? If so, I think that makes it joint property of Katoomer and Big Bad Bob right...:lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Merry Christmas Larry!!! Keep your head down.

Bob
  12. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

BBB.... not sure that the SuperEndo needs to go to the HOH.
    I'm working on shipping arrangements as we speak.
    I'll call you. Fite
  13. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Wow! I'm overwhelmed....:cry That was awesome!:eek1 :D :D :D Looks like a wonderful turnout at movie night! Thanks AKPhotog! I sure wished I could be there.

Working here Christmas Eve......I work 1/2 day on Christmas so I'll get the afternoon off and then feast a little tomorrow night. I'll be serving dinner to the folks here....working the chow line. Trying to make the best of it....it's a lot of hard work and long hours but the time is passing quickly.

I hear Anchortown is getting a bunch of snow!!!:clap :clap :clap I'm glad and hope that all you "sled heads" out there are getting geared up for some winter riding.

Thanks again, I can't believe how many people were at the movie!

Back attacha everyone!.....Merry Christmas!:D :D

Katoomer
  14. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Yeah Larry, it was a good turn out.

And yes we're getting a ton of snow!! YAY!! Many many happy people here!

It's funny how you hear in the news about how so many folks down south complain about too much snow and up here everyone I talk to says it can't snow too much!! Of course I do work and live amongst many extemely avid outdoor recreational enthusiasts. I love it!

Larry, what Robert did was great. It was pretty darned neat to have you as a focal point for all of us to wish a very Merry Christmas to. Like I said, LOTS of good energy comin your way!

Take care, buddy. Mark H.
  15. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Again, I'm overwhelmed :cry I was so excited to see everyone ....I had to show the people I work with all my ADV pals back in Alaska! They thought it was great too! We are getting a TON of snow here too! Big fat flakes have been coming down all Christmas Eve here in Kabul! Everyone is getting ready for a much deserved R&R tomorrow.

BBB-take it easy big buddy, that steed was built for go not for show. We'll have to work a little deal :deal on the storage fees. I'll trade you a warm dry storage area for a little rip, snort, and a roost next summer!:clap :clap

Thanks for working with Fite to help me get my baby back to the Great White North! It's times like this that make me really homesick. BUT, I work with some very dedicated people here too. I guess it's all about being grateful for what you have and where you have it. Here is a picture taken of me a few minutes ago....I know I'm not much to look at but I wanted you guys to see the White Christmas we are having here!

Take care, I sure have some great friends!:clap :clap

Katoomer (a.k.a. Larry)
    [​IMG]
  16. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    Crystal River, where the swamp gas rises.
    Merry Christmas Larry!
    Take care, stay safe.
    Frank & Gloria.
  17. Gusgus

Gusgus Banned

Oddometer:
    Nice shot.
    You look marvelous!

Not one bit of stress showing, and the snow makes that white Santa beard of yours almost disappear....:D

Congrats on the Super endo you got headin north.

The dual headlight set up for that bike is awesome.

Jackie is still missing with our weather forecasts, 18" was suggested, 6" fell. That might have been a male influenced measurement criteria.:lol3

Oh well,,,, be safe my friend, WE all wish you a safe & happy deployment.

See you soon!:clap
  18. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS LARMO!!! BE SAFE!
  19. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gus Gus, Griz and all ADV posters. It snowed about 8 inches over night. It's Christmas day here and a very white one at that. I woke this morning to the sound of our Christmas dinner.....a Turkey was gobbling in the courtyard. Our house keepers Hakim and Nassar were preparing a pot of hot water to de-frock? sp? or de-feather our poor avian friend. I took a video which I can't seem to download from my camera along with a bunch of still shots. It's probably not to be shared on ADV. :huh :evil These Afghans approach these type of things with a ritualistic efficiency that's a little disconcerting.:evil :eek1 I think I'll eat Christmas dinner at the DFAC today.....:huh

I truly appreciate the kind wishes and enjoying hearing from all of you. Have a merry Christmas and I'll post some pictures when I can.

Larmo
  20. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:
    To all a Merry Christmas and many happy memories for the new year to come...

[​IMG]