Where in the world is Shoganai?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AK Bear, Jun 4, 2006.

1. motoxusa

motoxusa Biker Dude

Oddometer:
    OKAY....a new bike, a few weeks rest...so when is your next big adventure? We really miss reading about your adventures, and mis-adventures.

We are looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures as soon as your computer has recovered from major surgery.

Thanks again for sharing your ride and your life with all of us.

You're one beautiful person :super
  2. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    I finally got a chance to finish your thread.

Thank you Gwen. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Dave
  3. motoxusa

motoxusa Biker Dude

Oddometer:
    This thread is getting buried.

What's new Shoganai?
  4. Shoganai

Shoganai Let's do some livin'

Oddometer:
    Thank you, but it's ok to let it fall to the bottom :nod

It's time to let others have their day in the sun, front page and all.

Since you asked, I'm planning a series of day trips and over night camping trips with my son to most if not all of SC state parks over the next two months. RR to follow :deal
  5. Snoviper

Snoviper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pretty long thread but some nice pics!:D
  6. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    This reminds me: I see that Shog's Arctic Circle pic is in the front page rotation, but I have only once seen it come up on the front page. What gives?
  7. durtrider

durtrider adventure sow

Oddometer:
    Whoa. I saw this back up on page one...I had to say hi Shogs! I followed this story without fail everyday. And sometimes several times during the day. And I'll also say, after following your story, it's like going to see an epic movie....then afterwards anything that you see just doesn't stack up. Like everyone else here, you have touched something inside of me way down deep. Nothing I can say more that hasn't already been said.
    "to just a girl on a bike"
    :bow :bow
    :clap
    Whitey
  8. motoxusa

motoxusa Biker Dude

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to hear all about your SC trips. Sometimes there's so much to see in our own back yard.

Have you started to work on the "SW" yet?
  9. vstrommississippi

vstrommississippi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You did a wonderful job of taking us along on your trip. It takes alot of effort to photodocument everything as well as you did. Good Lord this was a long thread, and honestly I had to skip over some of the replies and try to focus on you and steve-theres over 2600 posts! I can't imagine how exciting it was for everyone to follow you through your trip-I regret I missed it. Hopefully I won't miss the next one.

I don't think it would take much to restore the shop whore, most of the parts on it are almost new anyway!:rofl
  10. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
    *bump* been searching for this thread for 3 daze so I can send it to a woman that also rode to AK this summer, because the thread was started by AKBear and not Shoganai it makes searching hard! :D

Thanks again Shoganai for a great read. :thumb
  11. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry about that! When I started it I was just looking to keep track of her for my own purposes. She did the most spectacular hijack of all time!!! Bear
  12. Shoganai

Oddometer:
    :shog

Thank you very much.

Would that be Dsmitty :ear
  13. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
    No, not Dsmitty, but thanks for reminding me about her. I just sent those Dsmitty links off to her.

Her name is Margaret, a very good looking, short, dark haired woman on a BMW 650. I answered a Craigslist ad Saturday night for some Zega boxes and was surprised that a woman answered. I went over on Sunday morning and bought the Zegas and we talked. Margaret has been riding for 20 years, has had several bikes, done lots of solo touring, track days etc.

She said that she prefers touring solo because men are always whining 'it's too cold, it's too wet, etc.' :lol3

I believe her. :D

I hope she joins ADVrider, a very cool lady!

~Barry
  14. PARTY BOSS™

PARTY BOSS™ FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer:
    Cold and wet................ whats new:lol3
  15. Twin4Me

Twin4Me Fresh Meat

Oddometer:
    As an infrequent poster but avid reader of this (and other) fantastic trip reports I wanted to also add my thanks and admiration for your trip. One day I WILL come and do my own long trip in the USA, it's something I've planned in my head for years.

There is something about bikes and the biking community that other people who have never ridden a bike often just don't understand. I think this thread sums it all up, thank you for sharing it with us. Good luck in the future.
  16. idea man

idea man Plate Spinner

Oddometer:
    There should be a mandatory monthly bump on this. IMO Thanks for the trip Gwen.
  17. Shoganai

Oddometer:
    :shog Thank you, that is so nice of you to say. I'm glad you found it worth reading.
  18. frewhl

frewhl daily rider

Oddometer:
    I am not a fan of stickies,but if the most popular threads were able to rotate to the front page once in a while.

I think I am enjoying my ride to work a bit more after getting shog's input on such a hum drum subject.

I also think about starting my own ride report,for a couple of past trips and a few various routes to work in a small city.
  19. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Bottom feeder

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the vicarious adventure. It was pure joy to me. I can't imagine what it was for you; I'm thinking it was a lot of everthing to the nth degree. Many happy miles of sunshine and tailwinds to you. :clap
  20. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb
    Alaska here I come!!!! been there twice but not on a bike....It's my current dream ride.:D pardon a brief hi-jack...here's a scan of a pic I took years ago of Denali....Would LOVE to go back!!