Where is JaiDee?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by mouthfulloflake, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    and did he come home with a new toy?
    :D
  2. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    is Condom Sense open on sundays?
  3. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    I hear the man got a new bike...
  4. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    If JD still has that XR250, that may be right up your alley!
  5. 10Cup

10Cup Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup after a looooong day over to Dallas and back JD has his new toy!! I'm sure once he quits working on it he'll post up some more info. Very nice and very clean bike. Gonna be fun :D
  6. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    I was wondering what happened to Johnny5.
    He hasn't been on in a while.
  7. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    That thing is MINT. I bet he has had it so long he will keep it.
  8. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    word on the street, err, driveway.

is that the xr250 is for sale.
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I may hafta run out to Kingston and rattle his cage a little..
  10. JaiDee

JaiDee Searching

Oddometer:
    Thanks to 10Cup goading me on and acting as trip navigator, MFOF for loaning me a trailer, and my dear wife for supporting my habit, 10Cup and I drove to Dallas yesterday and I picked up a used Yamaha WR250R.

[​IMG]

Said seller's wife seemed very happy that there would now only be three motorcycles (a 690 KTM, 1200GS and XR100) in the garage instead of four. His loss, my gain. :clap

Rumors are true that I spent most of the day in the garage messin' with the new R2 getting things set up the way I like it. With luck I'll get it plated and insured tomorrow and be ready to ride whenever the weather cooperates.

Unfortunately, the XR250L will be going on the block soon...part of the deal I made with my wife...so if anybody knows of somebody looking for a good used XR (less than 5000 miles and in tip-top condition) I'd appreciate it if you'd nudge them in my direction. I hate parting with my baby, but a deal's a deal and if she'll be going to a good home, then........

-JD
  11. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    rumor has it Vstrom Charlie is looking.. :deal If its plated.
  12. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm, I like the way you think!
  13. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    JaiDee,

Check your PM's
  14. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Man that new Yamaha is PURTY! I'm gonna have to take a spin on one of them soon, they must be a good bike cuz everyones riding one lately!
  15. JaiDee

JaiDee Searching

Oddometer:
    Today I started up my new Baby Blue a bit and put-putted around the neighborhood a little. Had to see if the adjustments I'd made actually "fit" me while staying under the radar with no plate. After Blue was warmed up I decided I should see what the throttle response was like so cracked it a bit in my yard. Dang! Went into a full on power slide, caught some traction and wheelied up the hill to my patio. :eek1 I don't know whether it's just the nature of the bike, the FMF pipe and programmer or what, but for a "slow little 250" I was impressed....both by the power and the fact that I didn't high side it or slide out. The R2 isn't a full on competition bike, but if today was an accurate indication of its temperment it'll do just fine for me. I have a feeling this is going to be a really fun bike! :clap :clap :clap

-JD
  16. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I cudve told ya that! :D
  17. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    I havent read up on the R2 any, but if it's the same engine as the YZ250F then it is basically a competition bike. It's amazing the power the newer bikes make, I havent bolted an upgrade or done any engine mods to my last few MX bikes, they just dont need it!

It's fun to see the difference of your old bike and the new one, they have changed alot eh!
  18. JaiDee

JaiDee Searching

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm like a kid in a candy shop, or the day before going to Disneyland, right now...maybe it's just too much coffee..., but it's so much fun trying out a different bike and comparing it to what you've had before. When I got the XR I couldn't believe the difference in the suspension between that and the older bikes I'd had. Since I was coming off a two stroke the slow climbing, smooth power was something that took some getting used to. Loved the low end, tractor pulling grunt of the XR though. I'm curious as to what I'll notice most as far as the difference between the XR and the R2. Now I know a little about the power difference and how it hits, but wonder if the suspension will be a big difference too. I suspect so.

OK, I'm off to get insurance, then pay taxes, then the plate, then to ride a little!!!

-JD
  19. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    I'm sure the R2 suspension is a bit stiffer, those older bikes were soft and just blow through the stroke. Thats good for putting around, but pick up the pace and the newer bike will shine in the rough.
  20. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    hope he isnt gonna ride that out here to my place..that would mean I will hafta get dressed and surely he dont want me sharing my sickness with him..:huh