Where is KTM Twins

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RoundOz, Dec 6, 2019.

1. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    Update- payment was finally refunded but not sure of the company status. If they want to reply with positive news to me by PM I’ll be happy to note it here. I don’t want to crap on a business that may have just been going through a temporary setback. I did have several prior orders with them that went well and their pricing was good.

Original post:
    Haven’t returned my call or emails for several weeks. The phone numbers I was leaving messages on seem to be disconnected. They have an address but not sure if it’s a storefront or just a warehouse. Does anyone know? Anyone close to Concord CA to find out?
    I returned an item to them and now don’t know where the refund or store credit is...
  2. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last I knew they were located in San Francisco but may have moved out of the city because SF real estate is expensive as balls. They were shutting the doors a couple years ago and then some new folks bought it / reopened it and they were doing very well for a while. The new owner (or somebody from there) was posting pretty actively here and made the transition news public in a post here, because some folks had bad experiences with the previous owners. Would suck if the same thing happened to the new guy. Hope they make it right for you.
  3. Slammin

Slammin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am having the same problem. They have nearly $400 of my money.
  4. pilot815

pilot815 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm still seeing targeted advertising from them on facebook. Judging by the comments it looks like they shut down and didn't tell anyone. Lots of people trying to get refunds and no luck. Shame, I've purchased from them and was always happy with their service.
  5. Slammin

Slammin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just now got a shipping notice from them for an order placed a week ago. It’s a replacement order for some faulty OEM heated grips I received. I guess that means I should get them soon. Whether or not I will ever see my refund for the first set of grips may be wishful thinking. I’ll keep you all updated.
  6. RoundOz

Oddometer:
    Misery loves company. Thanks.
    The old “new owner” got back to me after I pm’d him. Said he’s not involved anymore but had heard the absence was temporary and they should be back in business in a few days. I’ll reserve passing judgement for a while - with a smallish company maybe a personal disaster could cause this kind of disappearance, but when it goes on for nearly a month and two different phone lines have been changed/disconnected it’s getting harder to believe I will see my money.
  7. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Is that a cop?????

Oddometer:
    I placed an order on Saturday, and have only gotten an "order confirmed" e-mail.

They usually are pretty fast getting me my stuff, hope this is not their new business model.
  8. Cereal KLR

Cereal KLR Wall of Sound

Oddometer:
    I ordered something two weeks ago, received a confirmation email then a shipping notice. Got the part yesterday. Was about to order more stuff but sounds like better wait .
  9. Slammin

Slammin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just heard back from Jerome at KTM Twins regarding my order: "We have gone through some changes and the phones are unfortunately down at the moment, that should be fixed shortly. Your recent order has been shipped out via USPS...." So the order is good to go, we'll see about my refund for the defective grips.
    Need For Speed likes this.
  10. tomdubz

tomdubz getting there Supporter

Oddometer:
    oh how history repeats itself
  11. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ordered for them for the first time in years.....

The handled it wrong at every turn......
  12. RoundOz

Oddometer:
    How many people are in deep with them that they couldn’t have the time to reply to my many emails- even a form letter would be appreciated
    I’m thinking they better change their name if they want any future business.
  13. RoundOz

Oddometer:
    Just got an email from a Jerome that my payment was refunded.
  14. Slammin

Slammin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here with my refund and they haven’t yet been refunded by KTM. Also my replacement grips arrived today.
  15. Slammin

Slammin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My returned grips were returned back to me by UPS with the reason on the label stating "THE RECEIVER IS OUT OF BUSINESS." Not sure exactly what to make of that but it doesn't look good.
  16. DeepSea

DeepSea electronically challenged

Oddometer:
    I'm not too far from Concord. Shoot me over that address and I'll ride by. I stopped buying from them when they were in San Francisco. They weren't very good communicating back then, but luckily I never had problems with my orders. They even shipped a TPS for my 990 out to Texas overnight while I was in a bind. So they haven't always been bad.

Good luck, hope you all get taken care of.
    Steve
  17. Need For Speed

Oddometer:
    Just got an e-mail stating that my order from 10 days ago was shipping.

Much faster service in the past, think I will use other vendors from here on out :deal
  18. Cereal KLR

Cereal KLR Wall of Sound

Oddometer:
    Someone must be working there, have gotten two emails to rate my purchase from them. Hope they get it together quick.
  19. Need For Speed

Oddometer:
    I finally got my order delivered.
    They were very slow to ship, then it took 6 days to come from San Diego :dizave

The shipment notification said the parts were coming from Bike Bandit, don't know if they are the new owners??

Doubt I will do business with them again...
  20. Louie G

Louie G Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have bought a lot of parts from them the last time was a cc seat for my 690r seat came damaged and they took care of it right away but the only problem was the phones so I started emailing and had no problem after that