where is OSJ today?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by OSJ, May 28, 2014.

1. MarkVeeMarkADV

MarkVeeMarkADV sharing misinformation and useless trivia

Oddometer:
    Dunkin, I recognize you and your bikes from your photos!
    I too got a cb450 after my first bike(cl350). I traveled all over
    N E with my high school girlfriend on the back.She said her ass hurt. alot.
    Of course I got a 750 and we got married so she could stay home.? o k .
    After 10 yrs,3 kids,,I was single with an ex. Since then I been ridin, 42 bikes to now.
    A lot of goldwings and hayabusas
    OSJ likes this.
  2. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    IMG_5084.jpg

"You'll always find a reason to not do something"
    -ewan McGregor

He was referring to camping in Kazakhstan during the black widow spider season, however it can most certainly be used in almost every day life .

Today was one of those days..i was going to be heading home today, but instead I chose to stop along the way..set up camp (this time at a harvest host location) at a parking lot behind a awesome brew pub. No hook up here, but I have my mountain bike..my triumph and a great place to eat then relax with a great book!

In the morning I'll pull the bike out and explore a little, maybe find a new breakfast spot then some roads to get the triumph a little dirty. One more day of not working will most certainly be okay!

Birthday week celebration is not over yet!

So my friends, dont look for reasons to not do something, time is precious. We only die once, when we do its over. We live every day..make the most of it. Make yesterday jealous of what you're doing today!

Just watch out for those pesky black widows!
  3. MarkVeeMarkADV

MarkVeeMarkADV sharing misinformation and useless trivia

Oddometer:

In my love life, I urge caution when it comes to any widow, if you get my drift..
    Ride Safe
    Sully
  4. OSJ

OSJ Formally DunkinDuck

Oddometer:
    You can’t go home again!

Or can you?

Thomas Wolfe wrote that famously back in the 1930’s. You can take that statement both literally or figuratively.

As we all grow older it’s so easy to look back at our youthful days and miss the way it was. I remember sitting with my Pepe listening to him tell the stories of his youth. I was fascinated with hearing how he grew up during the early 1900’s without the technology we had at that time. This was the very early 80’s when the world was changing so fast. He longed for those simpler days.

Now here we are almost 40 years later and I’m finding myself doing the same as Pepe. I hear an old song from those days and I can almost be right back in that moment, as if listening to Prince and the Revolution or some sort of magic time machine!

But you know what works even better for me? I’m sure you’re not going to be surprised:)
    Two wheels, nothing brings me back to my youth like a motorcycle from my past!

This one is a bike I haven’t seen for sale since I saw this on the lot at the old SKY cycle across from whalom park back in 1985. It was spring of my senior year and I was riding a 1972 Honda cb450, which was a great bike to have as my 1st one. But when I saw this cafe racer on that warm spring day I knew I had to own it!

So imagine my surprise when I saw the bike again on eBay last nite. It brought me right back to that spring, I can still taste the air flowing thru my helmet as I took that little twin on it’s first ride thru Lunenburg and Lancaster.

I grew up fast on that little Suzuki. I did my 1st wheelie, I took a girl for a over nite trip for the 1st time and sadly experienced my 1st major crash on that beautiful little twin. Many broken bones and some nasty road rash taught me a lesson on wearing proper gear.

So now I’m sitting here getting shipping prices from Tennessee to mass, or figuring out how long it would take to drive down and pick it up!

Or maybe a fly and ride? What a way to reconnect with my youth...a way to go home again!

Although covid restrictions seem to be in place to prevent such an adventure, or do they? Maybe a trip without a camera, a paper map and a list of back roads from there to here is the way to go. A way to go home again.

I bet Thomas Wolfe would approve! But more importantly Pepe too! Adjustments.jpg