Where to buy or how to import a bnew CRF230L or XR230 in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by kuyaoli, Dec 16, 2008.

1. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a bnew Honda CRF230L (from US) or a XR230 (from Japan) both are actually the same bike (both manufactured in Japan). It wouldn't be a problem to get one of these bikes if you live in the US or Japan, the problem is I am living in the Philippines.

I tried to contact a guy who recently sold two bnew XR230 in the Philippines, but he does not reply.

I am really very much interested to get such a bike but only a new one, I do not want a used one.

Anyone has an idea to get such a bike or, do you know anybody who imports such a bike from Japan or US?

I am happy for any info I can get.

Attached a picture of my Honda XR200 getting off the boot from Leyte to Cebu.

[​IMG]
  2. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok and then repairing a flat tire (Filipino style) it's called vulcanizing. After I got a plat just when arriving in Cebu City

[​IMG]

and another pic from my bike on Mt. Mayon in Legaspi

[​IMG]
  3. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    since I guess that not so many from the Philippines, I just would like to inform you that I have found someone who will import that bike for me. The bike should be here by mid February.
  4. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet IndiYeah !!

Oddometer:
    :thumb

How much is the import tax and how much does one of those bikes cost ?
  5. KLM

KLM n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,

you may try to contact Honda car dealer in Fort taguig, Im not sure if they have CRf230 but I saw they have 650xr brand new. Maybe you can ask them for the 230. You can also try to call Access Pluss in Cubao, QC they sell diffrent kinds of pre-owned bikes as well as brand new KTM (dealer).

If you happen to pass by Timog near burger king there is a car dealer across the street they also sell diffrent brands of bikes, Im not sure of CRF230 but I saw Yamaha 450.

Merry Christmas
  6. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the price is 315k with complete registration.

Access Plus has mainly KTM (expensive so)

Honda Taguig does not sell big bikes at the moment. They have a problem with tax and registration. Even if you tell them you take care on the registration they are not allowed to sell the bikes at the moment. Complete stop of sales.
  7. Warthog

Warthog TeutonicChronic

Oddometer:
    Kuyaoli,

Why are you interested in the XR230? or the CRF230L ? I assume both bikes have comparable suspension (standard forks and so on). I know you can buy an XR200 for about 115,000P new...or 75,000-85,000P used.

It seems like any new dirtbike in the Philippines with cc displacement larger than 200cc is very expensive. KTM bikes are very expensive in the PI, more expensive than the same bike in the U.S. Other large bore bikes are very rare. I've only seen 2 KLX400 bikes, one XR400, and a couple other used big bore bikes. There are newer bikes imported, like the 2008 KLR650...but those seem to be used as rentals.

I was recently in Southern Leyte for the holidays, riding a Yamaha STX 155 around. I would have loved to have an XR200 for the mountain roads. Beautiful country, great riding.
  8. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    The Xr200 is a great ride for the cost but sure needs a rear disk brake then it would be excellent, I can outrun a 650 down trans Cebu road, you can drive them so deep in the corner . now going back up the hill is a different story.
  9. karmatourer

karmatourer STD free

Oddometer:
    kuyaoli do you mean USD 6500+ for a CRF230 or XR250 purchased and registered in PI?
    Could you tell which dealer if possible or if this price is available at most dealers because it surely seems a small fortune?
  10. karmatourer

karmatourer STD free

Oddometer:
    Warty,I'd be very interested in that XR200 for 115k.Is that price easy to find? I'd pay that price all day long and if it's so,I may reconsider my move from Thailand in August to PI instead if Cambodia.
  11. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the CRF 230 needs to be imported from the US, yes and the price is very expensive. I only know one dealer who imports it.

The XR200 costs now around 123,000 Pesos. They increrased the price in the beginning of this year for aroun 12k. You can buy the Honda XR on every corner in every city in the Philippines.

By the way I got my bike already, the quality is by far much better then the XR so for me it is worth the money.

If I do some pictures I will upload them here.
  12. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet IndiYeah !!

Oddometer:
    How much did it cost?
  15. PIklr

PIklr Adventure Guide

Oddometer:
    Cool bike I see a lot of crap that needs to be taken of the bike its obviously a KALI model! smog stuff all over it.
  16. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes, you should see it by today, I received the XR's Only Smog Block Off kit, as well as the the XR's Only complete exhaust system. I removed the complete emission junk today, installed a little washer in the carb and set up the muffler and what should I say it runs like hell, Wheely is now easy even in 2nd and 3rd gear he he he...

I ll post pics soon
  17. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    here a picture of my bike with the new XR's Only exhaust system, Billet rear fender rack, skid plate and foot pegs

The original rear rack was just too small.

[​IMG]
  18. mountaineer

mountaineer Explorer.

Oddometer:
    How much is that XRs Only exhaust system and where did you buy it?
    Good luck on your Sagada, Baguio and Banawe trip with the Pure Byke
    Riders!
  19. kuyaoli

kuyaoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks leaving in a few hours.

Here you can get the exhaust system and other stuffs.

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/