Where to Meet ADV Riders - Permian Basin

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by N7JCK, Sep 7, 2009.

1. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Ok, I moved here April '09 and I see a few GS's ridding on I-20 every now and then. I've searched the threads but haven't found much going on in the basin for ADV Riders. Are there more of us out here??

Now it's time to sound off and lets see if we can get something going here in the basin. Let's see if we can start a regular gathering/ride schedule going.

Everyone's invited! I know it's going to be difficult with football just starting but let's get this going!

John
  2. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Ok, someone with a Black Tiger was at Walmart in Big Spring tonight at 5:30 PM. Unfortunately, I couldn't hang around and wait.

Anyone know who that is?

John
  3. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    So, I take it I'm the only one in the Permian Basin... :huh
  4. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    looks like you may have to start chasing them down and wrestle them into submission and let them know you are looking for a play partner! :D
  5. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good reason to move.
    I've been there before. There is not much to see in Midland, best go through there in the dark. :lol3
  6. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc!

It does look that way... At this rate I won't have any reason not to take the girlfriend out more often... :doh
  7. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Oh no, we have mesquite trees, pump jacks, cotton fields, straight roads, mesqite trees, oh, did I say pump ja... I mean cotton fi... hmmm.... :sick:puke2:puke2

No I have a good job here and will stick it out.
  8. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Well just make plans to visit North and East and we'll take you up to Gods Country. :clap :clap
    Just a little peak.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sd7mrZV0AOA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sd7mrZV0AOA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  9. CodyY

CodyY ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer:
    There's some guys from KTMtalk out your way. Not sure about Inmates though.
  10. N7JCK

N7JCK R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah! That would be great. I will look into running up there.

I'm a transplant from the Pacific NorthWET so I'm still dealling with the shock of no 150' fir trees and mountains.

Here's where I came from:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  11. TXgruver

TXgruver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to West Texas! I live about 180 miles north in Plainview.

Have some realtives in Lamesa and Rankin, so I am down there every once in a while.

I know what you mean about coming from the PNW. I grew up here and lived in Boise for a short time and then came back. I sure miss the mountains and trees.

We'll have to get a west texas group started.:deal There has to be more of us out here.

PM sent
  12. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    N7JCK, the good thing about living in Odessa/Midland?...you're closer to Big Bend than most of us.:D

If you haven't been down there, there's some decent riding for a GS in the area...and scenery not common for a lot of west Texas. I'm heading down there the first part of next month for a week of camping and backroad riding. I try to go at least once a year. Great place.
  13. Badge320

Badge320 Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer:
    I wish you the best of luck trying to find someone. I was assigned in Mitchell County for over 2 years and only once ran into an ADV Rider (in Big Spring). There is decent riding, try some of the roads north and west of San Angelo and like some of the others have mentioned, Big Bend is closer than if you were in the PNW.
  14. iphorde

iphorde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I pass through there all of the time. :)

I've wanted to come hit a couple of the mx tracks out there... Other than that why would you want to live there? :eek1