where to park in New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by FrankS, Mar 18, 2008.

1. FrankS

FrankS ...please wait...

Oddometer:
    I'm not a fan of big cities and especially not of their downtown areas but I can meet a friend coming over from Austria for a long weekend in New Orleans so I'm going to book us a nice hotel somewhere close to all the typical New Orleans tourist traps.
    Almost none of the hotels offer free parking but they offer valet services, not for bikes probably :D (not that I would trust them anyway)
    So what's the deal down there? I don't mind paying a few $$ and walk a block or 2 if I find a safe self-parking space for a few days...

regards

Frank
  2. chuckklr04

chuckklr04 Banned

Oddometer:
    Where in NO?
  3. vecchio Lupo

vecchio Lupo Diplomatico Di Moto

Oddometer:
    In real life I am a new orleans police officer, so I can honestly say that parking in town is not so bad for bikes. If you have yours all tourmaster extroadinaire farkled up and don,t want to trim it down, almost all of the swank hotels offer covered,secure parking at a reasonable rate. I know the Sheraton,Hilton, Marriott, and some of the Holiday Inns all have parking and they are on the edge of the Quarter. just call and ask. Note: the city will not tow a motorcycle due to civil liability (i.e. they had to pay so much money to repair the bikes they damaged), they will however write tickets. so get an old lic. plate from a junk bike and affix with magnets to throw off the parking nazis, that's what I do.
  4. Photomoto43

Photomoto43 ADVRDR

Oddometer:
    The Le Richelieu Hotel in the French Quarter has free parking in a lot next to the hotel that is pretty secure. I always put a bike cover over it so no one can see what it is. If you can get a reservation, you will like the hotel. It is privately owned and is sort of a boutique hotel.
    And by all means, le bon ton roulet!
    Wayne