Where to ride Offroad in SE Canada??

Discussion in 'Canada' started by edfetz, May 29, 2006.

1. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi

A few buddies and me are planning a trip to South Eastern Canada in August for 4-5 days. We are trailering from Upstate New York. We will be riding KTM Exc's, barely street. We are looking for places to ride, maybe with a guide, or an organized trail ride/Dual sport, an enduro or any combination. Keep in mind we need loop type rides that bring us back to the truck each day. We have aprox 50mi fuel range. The more single track the better.

Thanks Ed
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Big gawddamned area, you need to be more specific as to where.

:ear
  3. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess as far north as we need to go to find good trails. How about just north of Montreal?? I just saw a thread on the Reg Forum East where they found a bunch of dirt roads in that area, is it full of tighter trails too?? Is it legal to ride the woods there?

Ed
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    North of Montreal is a frigging big area. If you go to Joliette or Mont Saint-Michel and launch from there, you can head north up to Parent and Barrage Gouin on a ton of trails/logging roads. Bring a GPS so you can find your truck again. Seriously. Not my normal riding area, but there's a couple of folks here who have ridden the area quite a bit, hopefully they'll add in with their ideas.
  5. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dont mean to be so vague but I have no idea where to go. Ive ridden in most of the New England states and wanted to try some canadian stuff. Plus I was hoping it would be cooler in August up there. I appreciate your input. I do have a GPS and will use it. Maybe Ill search the GPS threads for some routes.
  6. fasteddy

fasteddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Southern Ontario, Canada ( Niagara Peninsula )
    There's lots of places to ride offroad in Canada, where exactly are you looking to enter the Country?? As for cooler we still have snow in August so you'll have to stay close to the border!

:norton:evil:eek1
  7. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We could enter Canada from New York or Vermont. I saw some parks above Ottawa. Is it legal to ride in parks such as Gatineau Provincial Park?? If not are there others that are good to ride in??

I also saw a Dual Sport ride, Mid Summers Trail ride put on by Great Pines trail riders.On August 13th this year. Any one ridden that??

Ed
  8. fasteddy

Oddometer:

Hi Ed,

The Mid Summers Trail Ride is held in the Ganaraska Forest, one of Ontario's few legal off road riding area's. It's an awesome ride through hard wood forests on some of the best single track around. If you should decide to ride this event you WILL need to purchase a CMA enthusiast licence and your bike will be sound tested so be prepared.
  9. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where do I get a CMA license? I need to get a Canadian Ins card too right? Sound shouldnt be a problem with my stock exhaust. So riding is not permitted in the other parks??

Ed
  10. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. fasteddy

Oddometer:

You can purchase a CMA membership ( Canada's AMA equivilent) at any of the trail rides in the series. Your correct, offroad riding is not allowed in any of the other parks unless your on a street legal bike and your travelling on a road of some sort, could even be an old logging road. Needless to say there are no Provincially controlled offroad riding areas like you would find in Penn, West Virginia or Michigan. Your New York motorcycle insurance is good to go in Ontario although I would give em a call to double check.

:D
  12. edfetz

edfetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. Do you know a company who does off road tours in Southern Ontario? It would be great to do that dual sport and ride a few more days while up there.

Ed
  13. fasteddy

Oddometer:

Try Rally Connex, http://www.rallyconnex.com they run a GPS guided series throughout Ontario and as far as know will do one off tours for those that ask!! Their doing a ride with Scot Harden of Red Bull Dakar Fame in August. Check em out.