Where to ride

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Atomicdog, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Atomicdog

Atomicdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me and the gf will be driving to my folks in Broken Arrow from the Boulder area for the holidays and I will have my DRZ and I might bring my girls bike too. Looks like the weather wont be to bad and I was wanting to ride. Is there any good places to go on the way home? I still havent decided on a route back home yet, i was looking at little sahara looks small but might be fun. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :ear
  2. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used to run fourwheels out a Little Sahara State Park all the time and its a blast. Lots of guys out there on 2 with super scooper rear paddle tires tear it up and air it out. Got to have a flag/whip that meets the height, can be bought at the buggie shops. Got to ride like a madman on the dunes on a bike, good Dakar practice for ya.

Depends on what your after good paved for you and the gf or backroads plenty are out there. I think a nice trip would be over to Oark for a lunch, but I'm thinking I would want some electric heat. Still many roads closer to BA that you could tool around.
  3. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Didn't read well- "on the way home". Yes little Sahara would be nice and sandy for you and there's still lots of section miles you could always ride on in western OK just like the TAT.
  4. Atomicdog

Atomicdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am going to put on my paddle today and head for little sahara tomorrow. I watched some vids on youtube from little sahara, it looks sweet. Throotlemeister, thanks for the reply. Happy hoildays:photog
  5. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    No problem, Enjoy. Don't forget the flag, tools and/or zip ties to attach it. Have Fun. Hit Buttercup
  6. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    Yes you need paddle tires.
  7. RipperFox

RipperFox ExplosiveOrdnanceDisposal

Oddometer:
    Camp Gruber ORV area, 20 miles east of BA, Ft Gibson

Stillwater 500, ride park SE of Stillwater

Keystone Dam (below the dam) 15 min east of BA
    Appalachia Bay (up on Keystone Lake) 20 min east of BA
  8. CharlottesWeb

CharlottesWeb n00b

Oddometer:
    Where can a woman with a new Yam XT250 go to get some riding time in?...I'm a good street rider but need to learn some new skills off road?
  9. Spanky15

Spanky15 Dirt Slider

Oddometer:
    I helped many a street rider with some dirt riding techniques/skills out at Gruber. It is like a ski resort...bunny hills...intermediate...challenging...then WTF!!!! Ping me if you would like!