where to stay in TX?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Gerst, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Gerst

Gerst Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    At the end of the month I'll be heading on my first extended mc trip from Durango, CO to Houston, TX to see the family. I'm looking for a town to shoot for on the night of my fist leg. I normally drive my truck Durango, Albuquerque, Lubbock and catch hwy 36 the rest of the way (love 36). I'd like something different but don't want to add too much time. I need to be in Houston late afternoon on the second day.

Can I make it to the hill country in a day? Any towns with a must go to roadhouse or music venue? Anyone know of a show to see on 4/24/09.

On the return trip I'll be heading out of Brenham going to Greenville (NE of Dallas) any hwy recommendations?

Finally I'll head from Greenville back to Durango and I don't see anyway to make this interesting in two days, I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help.

ps: I don't have internet at work so if I'm slow to respond don't take offense :lol3
  2. BingoRyder

BingoRyder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speed through Greenville and it will get really interesting.
  3. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Fredricksburg has all kind of lodging and Luckinbach is just a little south of town. There is usually something going on behind the store. Check their wedsite. Also, in Helotes, just outside of San Antonio there is a restaurant called Flores Store I think that has live music certain nights of the week. Austin has something going every night of the week but getting around the traffic can be a pain. I would stick with Luckinbach, its not crowded and its a nice ride out in the country. Good vibes.
  4. LibraLabRat

LibraLabRat Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    You might also want to give www.couchsurfing.com a look. I have met some really great people in my travels, and it saves you a lot on lodging.
  5. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Luckenbach is a must do. Great Motorcycle hangout, live music, people, BBQ, etc. etc. Also a classic dance hall on Sat. nights. Gruene TX. dance hall is also a classic. Anything west of Austin is superb Texas riding. If around Leakey Tx check out RAnch Roads 335,336,337 or as we know them: 3 Twisted Sisters. The Frio Canyon MotorCycle Shop is a cool hang-out.
    Enjoy your ride through Texas and next time you see a Texan in Colorado you might just see why we love Texas. And Colorado in the summer.