Where to Street Ride & Camp in the Ozarks?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by BgDadddy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    as he said, Taa Daa! :clap
  2. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Wow! Silver, you are the Man!

Are you going to be anywhere nearby when I'm there? I'd like to meet you and buy you a few beers.
  3. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Ahh a fellow beer drinker! I would love to come hang out Sat/Sun but it's pretty doubtful. I just got back from a week in TX and have Honey-Do's to do around the house. So probably next time.

Oh also in AR, a quick note, there are more than a few dry counties, I think at the Oark portion you'll have to head down south on 23 and about 10-15 miles there's a full likker store. For the push mountain part, shoot up 14 and I believe Yellville is now a wet county as well.

As you can from this map, my decisions for mt. home vs mt view was based on wet vs dry county. hehe.

[​IMG]

Oh and also if you need to write/put in your phone my #. If you come across anything or have any issues I can come post on here and send up a red flag or something. Or if you just have any Q's. 918.640.5481

Probably get to a suggested day 3 route here in a bit. Figure pretty easy on this one, lot's of good scenery.

Cheers! :ricky
  4. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    263 through Fox and Timbo/14 across the Buffalo River. Super curvy but not many passing zones if the canoe crowd is out, and they probably will be. Lunch at the back porch grill in Yellville.

12E from Rogers once it crosses the lake.
  5. rocker59

rocker59 diplomatico di moto

Oddometer:
    Why "hop on 22" when you can stay on AR-309?

From Havana, 309 will take you over Mount Magazine to Paris.

From Paris it's a nice ride through Roseville to Webb City at the junction with 23...

There is never any traffic on 309 between Paris and Webb City, and it has a few nice curves along the way...

map of 309
  6. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    Thats a fact! :thumb
  7. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Arkansas has SOOOOOOOOOOO many great roads. Just go! Looks like I find another great road everytime I venture out there I seen to end up on some road that I've never done before and get all excited about it. I don't think I've seen 14 mentioned. Great road. The section of 27 between Marshal and Harriet has 65 curves in it with great elevation changes in about 12 miles. Many camp sites on the Buffalo. Spring Creek Road has primative camping. A one hole toilet, campsites with a fire containment and grill. I just came back from there Late Saturday. Cut the trip short due to rain rain rain. Hopeing a better shot at the paved roads this coming weekend on the Bandit instead of the truck with the DR650 on the back. ;)
    Go have fun.
    Oh, I second on avoiding 7. I use it around Jasper or to get to 123 or other great road branching off it and that's about it. Too much traffic from the tourist. :lol3
  8. zilla

zilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is great stuff! I'm planning on being in Arkansas the 18th or 19th of this month. Probably only two or three days though.
  9. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Where is the ride report????
  10. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
  11. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Silver and Doc for helping me with trip planning. No one knows an area like a local. :clap

If any of you see a BMW Dakar riding with a Red cruiser, give us a shout.
  12. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    or STAND back and let'em do thar thang! :evil