Where Was Everybody

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Hacksaw, May 14, 2002.

1. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, my son and I made the Texas National Rally last weekend in Brady TX. I was really looking forward to meeting some of you guys from the asylum. I was sporting my Advrider T-shirt and was looking for others with the same. I found one guy that had rode in for the day and visited briefly. He said that Armadillo had left earlier. "Hey Scary"! Where were you, I was looking forward to meeting you.

Any way we hooked up with some cool guys from Odessa. Round trip was 853 miles, we had a great time. Made some new friends and drank some brew. Can't wait to do it again.........
  2. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite

Oddometer:
    I dropped some friends and their kayaks off at the Guadalupe River so they could float down to my house. In the process my dog got caught in the current and I tossed my wallet into one of the boats so I could wade in and grab my half blind dog out of the river. I then hopped back in the truck to head home and ride to Brady. I stopped at a station to get some diesel for the truck and found that my wallet was missing. No money, no CC's, no ATM card, no checkbook. I ran out of fuel on the drive home. I fianlly get the fuel system on the truck primed with some diesel from a fuel can and get home.

I stayed home all day waiting for my wallet and my drivers license. I was HACKED OFF with myself!!!!!!

Thats why I wasn't there.
  3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sucks........

We will catch you another time. You going to try and make the South Central Rally in October? :1drink
  4. Yeeha!

Yeeha! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Hacksaw,
    That was me, Yeeha! Stephen, that said some Hellos. Armadillo was there kinda early and hung around for a while with some of his friends. Met them, and a lot of people, too many to remember all the names. Also met Meaty from the MRN site.

I wore my ADVRider shirt for a while till it got sweaty and I then I switched to my BMWRT.Com shirt. Hung my ADV shirt to dry on my bike so folks would know the presence. Later in the day, I switched back and wore it again.

I spent a good while Sat. telling folks about ADVRider and BMW.Com both. Lot of em' never heard of either. Most of these only knew the LT site and the BIG List.

Did my best to visit as many folks as I could and swap tall tales.

Never been to that little park before. If they have another one at that place, I may try to spend the night the next time.

Again sometime,

Yeeha! Stephen
  5. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Hey Scary
    It sounds like a fuck'n country song:rofl
  6. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep...the only thing missing was having the dog die and coming home to find his wife/girlfirend in bed with ..(place a name here)

Joc..:rofl
  7. Rob Z

Rob Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey All,
    I had originaly planned on making the ride, assuming I had my bike. Which I did, but then I realized it was Mothers Day weekend.

I still plan a trip South for a visit.

Glad all had a good time.
  8. Scary Mc

Scary Mc hellgrammite

Oddometer:
    He's a great dog and my best friend, I stole him 5 years ago from some fuckers that thought kicking dogs was fun.
    His name is Friday, problem is he's going blind but still likes exploring. He also gets in over his head from time to time, no pun intended.
    Today Friday, myself and my wife Bridgett did a little kayaking on the Guadalupe River. Friday rode on the bow of the kayak for most of the trip and played in the water while I cast the flyrod for the rest.
    It was a good day.

I live in Texas, of course it sounded like a country song.

FWIW -Scary

:flush
  9. Trailace

Trailace Dumb Ass

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed it but being mother day weekend I felt it would be better to stay home. Hey a good dog is like a good bike.:):

T/A
  10. freaking RT

freaking RT will golf for food

Oddometer:
    don't forget the part in the song about being laid off from work :lol2

put it in 3/4 time and you might have something :D
  11. bear

bear Guest

Patrick, Sylvia, my wife Alesa and I rode up for the day Saturday. I did not see too many GS riders so we took off. I really wish SABMWRA would have put a little more into it. When we got there everyone was in little cliques. Then I woke up to a leaking final drive, So now I have to take it in and hope I can get it replaced under warranty. Scary I hope to see you this Saturday