Where would you like to Ride in MS

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by eeore39648, Dec 12, 2009.

1. eatalotapeaches

eatalotapeaches finding my own way

Oddometer:
    You should been on the ride with me and BWklr. I would fly past hunters on dirt roads at WOT with my pipe screaming as he would come following gingerly along, hoping the hunters weren't flipping irate about me... :eek1 Yes, I'm evil... truth be told I wasn't trying to piss off the hunters, I was trying to rustle up the forest rats FOR the hunters! :wink: Deer are evil and should be eaten. :dg

Yes it looks like Jason changed his name. But he still rides a suzuki with a wore out chain... I hear he is sporting some new gear though
  2. advfrk

advfrk Grateful ADVer

Oddometer:
    This is the new and kinda improved freak.

I went and tested all my new gear tonight for about an hour and a half ride in the rain. I stayed dry but weighed alot more when I got home. My feet were the only thing that got wet so that means new boots after the chain and spockets that I am buying on Monday. :clap
  3. MSrider

MSrider Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer:
    Dude, are you going to try to ride down to Fat Mama's in Natchez and eat with us on Monday? We're leaving at 9:30 from the Kroger in Byram. Here is a thread to look at. About halfway down the page:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469671&page=47
  4. MSrider

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, hope you get it mapped out. Deer season will be over before you know it. :freaky
  5. bigbeariuka

bigbeariuka n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone need info on that area, I'm the person to ride with.
  6. MSrider

Oddometer:
    I spent 4 days riding NE MS. in Feb. It got cold at night...:deal. I wish that I would have been there last Feb. before all the logging commenced.
  7. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Guess that is the case all around the south. Saw so much clear cutting in TN, GA, AL, and MS in the last week. Guess the loggers are staying in business.
  8. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    With it being so wet, pulp prices are pretty high right now. And a lot of people are selling off the family timber to get what money they can for it with this dang ol' global recession... Yet, I keep seeing stories where mills are closing, like one in Columbus or somewhere up there was in the news this past week.
  9. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where would I like to ride in MS? A Dirt Road!
    Yeah, I put in the Route I made on the laptop, and headed out. The start of a great ride, or so I thought.:bubba
    I get on the bike, turn on the GPS, scroll to the Route, hit Enter. The GPS asks, Map or Go To. Anyway I choose Go To. Off I go, up to Byram, across to Florence, through Cleary Lake area. Just as it was laid out on the Laptop. Cool!
    Onto HWY 49 to Muse Rd on over to Star Rd. I am like what? its directing me to HWy 18, then straight down HWY 18 to Pucket. Then like HWY 13, to HWy 28 and so on. Can you see where I am going.
    Freakin Street Bike Heaven if something dont change. Yeah, would have been a great loop for a street bike. Is there a higher power telling me something?
    Anyway:
    I stopped at the Strong River bridge on some HWY . Have some water, and see if I can't get this thing to re-route to some Twisties, or even better, Dirt!
    Re-setup the routing feature. Avoid U-turns, Toll Roads, Hi-ways etc. Now re-calculate! Bam, keep on HWY 28, to HWY 51, to Brookhave, then from Brookhaven take HWY550, :topes Setup Routing one more time, to No-avail. :baldy Man, I wanted to chunk the GPS in that River!:ddog
    This is :topes
    BW can you help me with my GPS?:poser
    Sorry for the rant, but this is:topes !
  10. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought I would revive this old thread.
    Hazelhurst MS to HWY61, and all points in between.
    I have been wanting to check out a place off of HWY27, and Browns Wells Road?
    According to history, Browns Wells was a Resort around the early 1900's.
    I have a place in mind, but would rather explore it, with some company.
    Anyone interested?
  11. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Browns Wells MS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Postponed, until future date.
  13. wolfy317

wolfy317 Addicted to BMW

Oddometer:
    Sure looks like some good riding.

You gonna put that 650 through it's paces!:clap
  14. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Browns well Rd, and beyond is loaded in the GPS. Got several points I hope to explore today. I will be heading out soon.
  15. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Gonna load some points in GPS around South BNF. May go grab the local tag on the way. Not sure which way I'm headed really. Sun is shining and but I am only free until around 4:eek:oPM...
  16. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like thats going to be a good exploration.
    My route takes me to Raymond, then Browns Wells, Wesson, Beauregard, and back to Hazelhurst. Each destination has a POI.
  17. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am getting a late start, so I don't know how much time i will have... :cry
  18. 2combs

2combs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You already headed out eeore?
  19. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am in Crystal Springs havin lunch.
    Catch up!
    Call or text headed toward Wesson area, old Wesson High School eventually.
  20. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My route took me to Raymond, Browns Wells, Wesson, Beauregard, and back to Hazelhurst. Each destination has a POI.
    I visited the MS Dept of Archives and History recently. There I asked for photos of Browns Wells, Copiah Co. And discovered that in the mid to late 1800's there were many resorts in the county.
    Headed to Raymond first, checked out Coopers Well Rd. At one time it was a resort area, 1850ish. Today it has beautiful homes in the area, no sign of the resort. The last pavillion burned in the 1970's.
    [​IMG]
    So, onto Seven Springs Rd. Also, a resort area years ago. No sign of it, just the road name.
    [​IMG]
    Next stop Browns Wells. Now this one has 2 possible locations. I can't figure out which one would have been Brown's Wells. One possile location is directly on Brownswell Rd., the second possibility is on Tyson Rd. Both have gates, Here is the Brownswell Rd. gate.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what was once at Browns Wells
    [​IMG]
    Next I headed to Wesson. Here I love the old High School. It has been restored, and amazes me each time I see it.
    Then
    [​IMG]
    Now, sorry its an old pic with my KLX, there were to many cars there today to get a decent pic. This will have to do.
    [​IMG]
    I went to Beauregard, but didn't stop. To many loose dogs, barking and chasing me at every turn. Which sucked, they do have a cool Methodist Church there, in Beauregard.
    Then I went to Hazelhurst, where the Amtrak stopped and picked up some passengers, and dropped off some passengers.
    [​IMG]
    After that I meandered on back home.