1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Where'd you ride this weekend???

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by kfsinc, Nov 14, 2004.

1. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not much of a ride report as the memory chip was full.

-- I know, I suck :cry

I had a family wedding to attend in Cheeseland on Saturday so I talked the wife into taking the cage so I could ride it - a little cold, but worth the trip!

North of Port Washington, there's a place called Cedar Beach - my dad grew up there in the '40's and I spent some time there in the 60's. Very cool -- small houses/cabins on the beach :nod

As you're heading east here's the view.

[​IMG]

At the end of the road, there's this log

[​IMG]

Then you're on the beach -- that simple!

Seriously thought about riding on the beach, but the GS sucks in soft sand and so do I. And there was that sign about no motorcycles... :deal

[​IMG]

I came back via Holy Hill and Kettle Moraine -- great roads!
  2. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Nice pics of the lake. :thumb I rode around here (nothing new/mostly boring) but HEY I was out riding! If I'm still around these parts I'm headed to Cheeseland next spring...at least the scenery would be a bit different! :D
  3. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    I got in a great ride. I don't think I ever broke the speed limit, by much anyway. I took corners even slower than usual, and got in less than 300 miles for the whole weekend.

Best goddamn ride of the year, and I had a stone cold blast at Fall At The Farm and am gonna try to to make MotoJoe's January freeze out, but this topped it. And topping bikes guns and whisky is pretty tall order.

Back down to southern Indiana for the weekend. I was taking my wife here anyway.

[​IMG]

This is a room at the Story Inn, the Inn from this thread.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55695

We were going to drive, but after a lot trying I talked her into taking a ride instead.

I Which was much bigger deal than you might think because the weather was like this.
    [​IMG]

So after getting a couple hundred bucks worth of quality cold weather gear for her I got to spend the weekend riding with her.

But we did have to linger over breakfast and a have a slow Sunday morning until this burned off in the sun.

Once it did burn off the day turned out to be outstanding.

[​IMG]

She looks she toughed it out ok.

[​IMG]

And we saw one of these.

[​IMG]

That is about all of the pics we took but I had an outstanding weekend.

It was actually the first serious ride I have ever taken with my wife. The ST1100 is hte first bike I have owned she will go for a long ride on so all of our previous rides have been short rides.

She liked it, in spite of the cold (her heated vest did not hurt), so I can add yet another reason to the list of why I am hopelessly smitten.
  4. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Karl. I am jealous. I rode Saturday for about 30 minutes before I took the 950 back for service. Oil light sensor appears to have gone bad. Now that Skinner's 950 is out of the shop mine is back in. We have to keep those 950 mechanics employed.
  5. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Port Washington is anice place. I stayed there while doing a project in Brown Deer a couple of years ago. took the canoe out on the lake just North. what a riot.

Not much riding for me this weekend. Rode to the jobsite saturday morn, did some odds and ends then took the long way home. rest of the day was filled with kids sports :thumb
    Sunday was yardwork. had to cut up a tree that fell in front of the swingset,and ended up clearing an acre of underbrush, guess I rode the 2 stroke stihl all day

Ill make up for it Wed I hope

Nice to see you rode gents and u 2 Q
  6. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    Karl:

Wish you would have given me a call about riding this weekend. I rode down into Chicago on Saturday afternoon to take a Yoga class with my brother (working on my balance and being one with the world : ). Then I rode up north of the Cheddar Curtain on Sunday. I have a ride across the border and around a few different lakes and along the Fox River. It is a water bugs dream ride although I had to dodge all the cruisin' HD's that were not leaning like me.

It was a great ride although it was cool
  7. kfsinc

Oddometer:
    this was kind of a last minute thing. We had a wedding to go to Sat afternoon, spent the night and came back Sunday -- all around other people's schedule.

My wife suggested that I ride and she drive :eek1 What's up with that????

I checked over the bike real careful to make sure there wasn't any sabatoge.... :nod
  8. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    rode to the library to study, very exciting weekend.
  9. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    I couldn't ride much this weekend. I was waiting for replacements for these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess that was a few too many miles for the stock brake pads. :D
  10. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Karl

Help the Lip and myself out. What roads did you take for Holy Hill and Kettle Morain. We are going to take the afternoon off and head up there.
  11. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    whaddya talking about Mike, plenty of metal left on the babies, excellent for water crossing too.

You just gotta plan those stops a week or two in advance that's all.
  12. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rear brakes are for pussies :D
    Now get yer ass off the couch and go ride that thing :lol3
  13. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:
    :nod Kind of like heated grips... :nod
  14. McD

McD Nothing

Oddometer:

:D I didn't mind not having rear brakes much, it was that godawful noise they made when I forgot and hit 'em anyway.
  15. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    never use the brakes, use the throttle and steer. Much more fun. Might land you in the hospital now and again but hey....
  16. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 good point
  17. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    yeah, tuck in your string...:huh ...wait a minute, I have grip he...never mind:augie
  18. skeeter

skeeter Captain Safety

Oddometer:
    Heated grips and rear brakes are kinda similar. Both optional but nice to have when you want them!
  19. kfsinc

Oddometer:
    sorry guys didn't get this till today...

Can't tell you the road names for sure. Head north east from the intersection of 83 and 16 in Wisconsin -- town called Chenequa. The map shows, EF to E to Monches to C. Then up north of Slinger along the eastern shore of Cedar Lake on Z to 144 in West Bend.

Get your self to 12, take that to 120 then east on 43 to 83 north to get to the Chenequa.

kfs
  20. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    My parents just moved to Chenequa -- cool place to ride !!