Whew!!! That was a close one!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by WindRiver, Apr 20, 2009.

1. WindRiver

WindRiver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Elvis, remember the spot on Hwy 112 where you met your equine buddy? Well, in the EXACT same spot, I got clocked by a stinkin' deer this morning. I didnt see the big doe coming at me until she was about 10 feet off the road. I had just enough time and thankfully a reflex to wrap the throttle a bit before she got me. Her head and neck went between the handlebars and my upper body and her shoulder got me pretty good in the ribs. The rest of her body stripped my topcase off the bike and sent it skidding down the highway across the road into a pasture. Got some cool deer hair on the back of the bike!

It was my lucky day not to go down. I attribute the mass of the 1200GS as a saving grace. I pulled over to catch my breath and the lady in a cage stopped to see if I was ok. Told her I was fine, just knocked the breath out of me. She pointed me to where my topcase ended up -- apparently she saw the whole thing from having been behind me. I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket today !

You know what really pisses me off? F*ckin ADV sticker on my topcase is all scratched up now....:becca
  2. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, glad you're OK! I hope you two have all of the stray animals cleaned out on that stretch now!:D
  3. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    WOW! I'm glad you're ok! It doesnt get any closer than that. I bet the deer survived?

The ADV sticker has LOTS of character now, leave it scratched up it'll be a great conversation piece!
  4. WindRiver

WindRiver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks guys -- yea, the lady in the car behind me said the deer did a couple of cartwheels then got up and ran into the woods. I'm sure it's got some sore ribs too. :D
  5. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Pix or it didn't happen! :rofl

Glad your'e okay..Charley and I had a deer run between he and I down by Cass on 23 today..I saw a flash of something out of the corner of my eye and Charley saw it run between us..he was hangin back a little ways and good thing he was!
  6. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    see everyone wants to ride on a BMW. Hey glad you ok nice save.
  7. ADVHawg

ADVHawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW! Glad you're ok. At least it didn't have horns, that could have really sucked. I would have had to go home and change my underwear. You guys are gonna have to tell me where that spot is on 112 so I can avoid it.

A friend of mine gave me one of those deer whistles and I stuck it on the front of my bike. http://www.deerwhistle.com/ Don't know if it woks but it sure doesn't hurt anything. I did see a deer chasing me the other day so I may have stuck it on backwards.:lol3