1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Which Bike? in PA

Discussion in 'Americas' started by duckbill, Sep 21, 2007.

1. duckbill

duckbill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's my dilemma, I have one week vacation coming up in October and plan to head south through Pennsylvania but should I take the KTM 640 ADV or the Honda VFR? I know there are many twisty paved roads but are there as many dirt/gravel roads? The VFR covers the miles quickly and smoothly but I so enjoy the challenge of mountain dirt roads. Any comments would be appreciated.:ear
  2. 86 fazer

86 fazer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Depends on which part of Pa, I live in the suburbs of philly and ride this area, I would suggest the VFR. We have some nice roads and some shitty ones, just like most places. Hope you have fun. Watch out for deer, they are everywhere this time of year.
  3. Tollster

Tollster Jammer Jay

Oddometer:
    I live in NEPA nad its about an equal toss up. You can find many paved backroads, averaging speeds of about 40MPH. Deer are getting on the move now that the weather has cooled, particularly in the evenings after..say 5:00 pm.
    I do not know where you are headed, where your coming from so its hard for me to address. I have a wee, so I am very versitile.
  4. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Head down through NJ and do the TransNJ trail, lots of fun on the KTM!
  5. duckbill

duckbill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks everybody for the imput. I will head south from Buffalo so the direction is wide open. If I was riding the VFR route 144 has always been a good choice and I have seen lots of deer along this road. Where are all the hunters? I have no information on any dirt roads from the north.
    Cheers, Bill.
  6. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Allegheny Nat Forrest and Bald Eagle State forrest have tons of dirt roads.
  7. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Post this in East Regionals Forum and you'll receive mucho help.