Which one of you FF's was it?

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by PhiSig1071, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, so that is why he is so hard to find. He has a split personality. :deal
  2. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    That makes sense as we're 8 years into this search gig....:lol2
  3. Davebert

Oddometer:
    Did anybody try a search engine?? :evil
  4. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Its hard enough looking for this FF without searching for engines as well.
  5. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    :lol2

My search engine’s low on oil. Is it OK to use synthetic, or will that make the clutch slip?
  6. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Synthetic is better than sheep intestine but if you search to fast it can change rod angularity and plug up the exhaust port. I’d stick with abstaining altogether.
    Chicken Helmet likes this.
  7. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Abstinence?? That’s what’s gonna plug up the exhaust port:brow
    Hatch, Chicken Helmet and Buzztail like this.
  8. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Haggis is the cure for port blockage.Once properly fermented it’ll clear out the pipes on the way out... :krusty
  9. Mugwest

Mugwest .

Oddometer:
    SR56 to the disconnected Voluble Internet Engineer phone, please :jjen
  10. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    You know what else clears out the pipes, GoLYTELY®. Clean as a whistle. DAMHIK.
    Buzztail likes this.
  11. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 What's ******width?

Oddometer:
    That's funny, my name is Brian.

Going to start looking for that FF in St Thomas. I got a new job.
  12. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer:
    Saw a White Ford Ranger with a FL tag and a Kawaski not KLR in the back near Warner Robbins. WOOYFFWI?
  13. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are in Memphis, look for the FF at the largest Bass Pro Shops in the world. One can even park a semi here. The pyramid has an interesting story. It was originally a sports area, but now has a shooing range and bowling alley inside. Also a hotel and restaurants, with an observation deck on two sides.
    [​IMG]
    View of the Mighty Missisip from the top.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously bad weather at the TX/ OK border last year. My GF woke me up (she was driving) and asked me what to do. Said it looked like we were driving into a tornado. Told her to pull over into a weight station and I got up. We watched some hail and took some pics, then I decided it was OK to get moving again. Right into it we went, stopping at another rest area just a few miles up. These pics are from the rest area. Most of the vehicles there had heavy damage, we just missed it. One of our company's trucks was there, it had several mirror broken and many dents. Guy next to us had an aluminum enclosed trailer full of motorcycles, looked like someone took a hammer to it.
    [​IMG]
    This piece of hail was sitting on the curb for over 30 mins before I took this pic.
    [​IMG]
    The George Washington bridge. We were sent to NYC only a couple of times. Interesting place to visit, not fun to negotiate in a tractor trailer.
    [​IMG]
    Birds are smart as hell. These guys have learned to hang around the truck stops and get a free meal off the grills of trucks.
    [​IMG]
    Interesting lift system, they roll 4 of these up under the wheels and raise the truck for service. These "jacks" communicate via bluetooth or some shit and somehow stay in sync.
    [​IMG]
    They almost sent us to Mexico a few times too. We saw speed limit signs in km, still inside the US. Don't think I got any pics of them though.
    [​IMG]
    I sometimes sent colorful messages to dispatch. Never heard anything back, guess they don't have much of a sense of humor.
    [​IMG]
    Saw a real life R2 D2. This fukker rolls up and takes pics of you when you leave the shipper's facility.
    [​IMG]
    I have been fukked up before, but never did I drink from broken bottles. We spent an entire day here, and walked to the "Mexican Mall".
    [​IMG]
    Nearly halloween in SoCal, visiting my sister and niece. Leaving the Mexican Grocery store.
    [​IMG]
    You know there was a story behind this. The cops came, looking for one of their employees. I didn't get much more than that when I asked, but I am guessing it was memorable.
    [​IMG]
    No, not Rosewell. Don't go to "The Thing" tourist trap in AZ. Not worth it! LOL
    [​IMG]
    They have new Gatorade for truckers. No need to drink it and pee in the bottle, just toss it out the window as is!
    [​IMG]
    The state of Commiefornia is now collecting valuable cigarette butts! It says they are going to reuse them to create energy! Brilliant!
    [​IMG]
    Lubbock, TX. Just over a week ago. Winter is here, we picked a good time to retire from trucking!
    [​IMG]
    The new truck that was issued to us last October now has over 300k on it. We also put 20k on another truck while it was down for repairs.
    [​IMG]
    Still no sign of that FF. Maybe we should have stayed in Green Cove Springs?
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light

Oddometer:
    Buzztail likes this.
  15. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    And so it continues...:jack
  16. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Leg Humping Pirate

Oddometer:
    You just had to wake this old thread up.... :dirtdog
  17. BgDadddy

Oddometer:
    Oscar!!!!! How are you doing these days? Still running fishing charters??
  18. Davebert

Oddometer:
    BUMP!
  19. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    Doing well, thanks!
    I gave up fishing three years ago and fled the Keys pretty much. I miss being on the water but not the high cost of living, increase in crime and the crappy fishing in the Everglades..:cry
    I work for my brother in the machine tool business. We supply tool holders for CNC machines.
    BgDadddy likes this.
  20. BgDadddy

Oddometer:
    Very cool. Do you still ever venture north?

I haven't been to any of the Florida stuff in years, but we have a lot of fun up in the Smokies.