Which shift lever and rear brake lever really work?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by eddyturn, Jul 11, 2010.

1. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking at all the offerings out there form F800 depot, Wunderlich,Touratech and the like but they all say theirs is the best. WTF is your opinion on the levers you have now or have had in the past. Thankie. :D
  2. klarue

klarue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up the Wunderlich a while ago and have no complaints. The main thing was the fact that the roller was foldable - figured that might help on the occasional "nap." However, also thought the roller on the front would be troublesome, but don't even notice it. Did not put the "brush wire" on it. Highly recommend.
  3. Ide508

Ide508 Easy Does It...

Oddometer:
    +1 for the Wunderlich :clap
  4. SKON

SKON Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +2 fer Woundlick.Top piece of kit :clap
  5. TastyPants

TastyPants Harasshole

Oddometer:
    So are you guys using the cheapo "my lever is fine but bends easily" version?:

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/F800GS/8160420.html

or the 100$ more I have abnormal feet and a lot of money version?:

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/F800GS/8500166.html

Also has anybody had an off with one and how did it perform?

PS - does it piss anybody else off that so many aftermarket parts for an entirely powder coated black bike come in metallic silver? wtf? I know its easy to fix, I just dont get it.
  6. Motowalt

Motowalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed the TT shift lever with spring loaded tip an it works very well for me. BMW should have made it stock.
    I carry the stock lever at all times as a spare.

I have Wunderlich crash bars (I think) and the TT folding brake pedal will NOT
    work with them as it interferes with the bars because it mounts underneath.
    TT does not mention this in their catalog description and when retuned it I was charged a restocking fee...something to be aware of...:huh

So, I don't carry a spare brak pedal, but do have a pair of vice grip pliers I could use in an emergency.
  7. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    I've been using the adjustable folding tip gear lever from TT. Works well and allowed me to adjust the fit to my off road boots. I did cross thread the attachment bolt and strip some of the threads so I just drilled it out and use a nylock nut on the end (I also carry spares). I have also been using the TT Folding tip brake lever and It also fits me much better than stock. I'm using Adventure Spec crash bars / skid plate and have no fit problems with either lever. The Wunderlich looks really nice also. I would spend the money for the adjustable function as I think that made a significant difference in the ease of shifting.
  8. Waino

Waino Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ++1 on the Wunderlich shift lever. I've tested it's foldability several times. It also seems to be fitted a bit differently than stock. By that I mean it sits in a more neutral position for me and my boots. Since the shift lever fits over the notches (or whatever the technical term is) it only has so many ways it can be adjusted. The stock lever was either a bit too low (fine for regular shoes and cowboy boots, but too low for off road boots), or too high. The Wunderlich seems to have the notches placed a bit differently.

As far as brake levers go, I got the Wild @ Heart lever F800 Depot sells. I really, really like it. You can see it at Wild @ Hearts website. It has an extension that flips down to add height to the lever surface, making it easier to engage the rear brake when standing off road. Makes sliding into turns second nature.
  9. GrommettAZ

GrommettAZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tech folding shift lever...perfect! Ttech brake lever extension so I can get my foot on it offroad and stop scratching the engine with my boot tip....cheap performance.