Which Tank Bag???

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by MoodyBlues, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Hey! Watch this...

Oddometer:
    Looks like Wolfman has the majority rule here. Does anyone know if the Rainer or Explorer will clear the horn button at full lock. Pretty sure the Lite will. I have factory bars with a set of Rox risers.
  2. picard

picard engage!

Oddometer:
    You should be OK with the Rainier as well. I have raised bars (24mm I think) and no issues with the horn button
  3. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. MoodyBlues

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link. I searched key words and that didn't come up?
  5. Lounge

Lounge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. soyanarchisto

Oddometer:
    I have both the Wolfman Denali and the cortech super mini. As far as fitment goes, the cortech wins, hands down. The Denali is just too big for this bike, in my opinion. No amount of cinching shit down kept the bag from flopping around when fully loaded. The explorer lite looks like a much better fit but for now I am super happy with the cortech.
  7. frazman

frazman Post***ern Redneck.

Oddometer:
    +1 I have this one as well. for me, compared to the Wolfman versions, had a better fit (for offroad riding) when standing, good access, etc. Quick removal via zip off feature is nice. only complaint is that the map window is small.
  8. MoodyBlues

Oddometer:
    What tail bag is this? The Wolfman Tail? I have the Touratech large luggage rack and like the looks of this one. Thanks.
  9. I-Su.Yu

I-Su.Yu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wolfman Wolf Tail Bag secured to the grab handles with the bungies & large plastic hooks that come attached to it.
    Lot's of external storage and, with the expandable gusset unzipped, it's large enough to store my modular helmet when I get off the bike for a while, or all that I need for an overnighter.
  10. Engidu

Engidu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 for the Wunderlich tank bag.

Easy to mount and unmount as the base plate can stay on the bike. It's waterproof by itself, but even more so with the additional rain cover. The large map pouch is just great. Only negative thing might be the price.

I used it for some day trips as well as for a 3-week tour through Norway. ... I love this tank bag. :nod
  11. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    i went from the wunderlich to the wolfman express - half the size and doesn't get in the way when standing

[​IMG]
  12. flatland964

flatland964 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    + another on the Wunderlich. Unless you don't like the size (although it doesn't get in my way) it is a dead on design. Stays perfectly in pace, nice compartments breakdown, waterproof and easy to remove to carry it in with you when you don't want to leave it on a parked bike.
  13. buelrdr29

buelrdr29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this is the wrong spot to advertise but I have a factory BMW tank bag for sale. Not sure why people say the quality is not good, it looks exceptional to me. Completely waterproof, has a map pocket with an inset for an Ipod style device, and fits the bike like a glove.

I am just not a tank bag person, I bought the bike used and it came with it. Used it a few times until I sprung for touratech panniers. With a 45L and 38L side case not much use for a tank bag....

Make an offer if interested, here is the original link to my sale thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734290&highlight=rucksack

Attached Files:

14. buelrdr29

buelrdr29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    another pic

Attached Files:

15. soyanarchisto

Oddometer:
    That thing is huge!
  16. buelrdr29

buelrdr29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats what she said.....

It is large, good for a trip where you need the storage!
  17. DabsAlot

DabsAlot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Wolfman Explorer Lite tank bag that works great except for standing going uphill, and then it gets in my way. I have it mounted just as far forward as I can and still acess the key and power socket. Have any of you had experience with both the Explorer Lite and the Giant Loop Fandango and can tell me if there is much difference in the standing room?
  18. chris73

chris73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The fandango is notivable when standing, but doesn't really impede me. It's actually kind of nice. I lean forward a bit on a hill climb, and can lean against it. I think it is overpriced and wish I had bought a wolfman. Living in rain country, I have never once had moisture in my wolfman medium duffle. The GL fandango on the other hand, has been seam sealed twice, and is soaking wet inside in the rain. It isn't even water resistant. Having said that, the size and look are perfect on the f800. Especially if you route the big ugly straps close to the seat. The zippers are also really handy compared to the wolfman expedition string closure.
  19. DabsAlot

DabsAlot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had many tank bags over the years, going back to the BagMan by Vetter, Fasma, and my previous favorite, an Eclipse, and I like the Explorer Light better than any of them, so I am hesitant to invest the cash in a Giant Loop to maybe gain some standing room.
  20. The Beacon

The Beacon n00b

Oddometer:
    Love my RKA, keeps it's shape, doesn't "flop" like the wolfman, but one can argue that this might limit it's "stuffability". Used it on our 4200 mile trip and it did fine. Caveat, though, I bought a rain cover for it when I reached the Salem rally, because one of my maps got wet (I might not have closed the top zipper properly).