1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

White Rim Trail on 250's **Part 4 The Ride from the Bottom Up Finally**(Nov 11 on post #22)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by eddie98, Sep 22, 2020.

1. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is part 3 of our ride through the White Rim trail. By this time is getting to be about 1pm or so and we were starting to get hungry. We started to look for a good spot to park and enjoy a good view while we ate our lunch. We packed some chips, salsa, guacamole and tuna pack. Towards the end of the video you will see that I almost lost it in a deep sand section. Hope you guys enjoy this part.

As mentioned before, most of the footage is unedited to give everyone a look at what almost the complete White Rim trail looks like.

some pictures from the ride
    GOPR0149.JPG GOPR0155.JPG GOPR0168.JPG GOPR0173.JPG
    Comrade Art and chudzikb like this.
  2. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After going thru all the footage, which was mostly at the bottom on flat part but great views. Decided to just put together the interesting parts out of all the videos. Didn't want to bore everyone with the flat parts.

Right after lunch a few miles down there road hit a patch of deep sand and went down. After a few miles we hit a few hills and some parts were rough. Eventually we hit the Green River and it was a nice area. Ran into a 4Runner trying to get our of the canyon, it was loaded as you will see in one of the sections. Also a couple of KTMs that were running it the opposite way. From there slowly starting working our way up and got our of the canyon floor.

After that it was 12 miles of straight dirt road to the main hwy. Then another 10 to the truck to load up and head out of town.

IMG_3208.JPG IMG_3196.JPG IMG_3204.JPG IMG_3212.JPG IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3222.JPG IMG_3223.JPG
  3. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your efforts in documenting your white rim trail ride certainly will make it easier for me. I now know mostly what to expect. That is invaluable. Thank you!
    Comrade Art and eddie98 like this.
  4. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would consider the WRT fat pig friendly with the right tires and a 14T front sprocket on my DL650. Yes it takes some muscle and sweat, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. My only real dump was rider induced, not the piggie's fault. I would not do it alone though as having help with you is handy. The whole Moabe area is just enchanted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Comrade Art likes this.
  5. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And don't forget about the Onion Creek Trail:

[​IMG]
    Comrade Art likes this.
  6. Motor7

Motor7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the hijack Eddie....good memorys!
    eddie98 likes this.
  7. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really enjoying your videos and photos. I was out there the same time you were and rode Shafer Trail that Thursday on my 1290 Super Adventure, loaded down with gear for a 10-day camping trip. The weather sucked the whole week! Going from record heat to record cold through CO and UT but my Lord, the riding in Utah was incredible.

I thought Shafer Trail was so easy that I was sorely tempted to ride White Rim, but I was solo, I knew there was sand, and with a big bike loaded down, I didn't want to get into a situation of having to pick the thing up more than once so I didn't do it. More reason to go back, right?

Did I say Utah was incredible?

[​IMG]
    Comrade Art and Motor7 like this.
  8. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I have more footage that I will be adding later. Now that winter is coming there won't be much riding and I can spend time putting together more videos. If you have any questions let me know.
  9. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'm still learning how to do videos.
    We had no idea it was going to get that cold. We lost 2 days of riding as we were not prepared for that cold for riding.

Yes we definitely want to go back and ride more of the area.
    Motor7 likes this.